Lily Baby.

Chapter 25

Frankie’s POV

By the time it was morning, my head was pounding and I really didn’t want a replay of the day before. Hopefully, I would actually be able to make it to a couple of classes today. I got out of bed and put a mark in the diary that was open at the foot of the bed. I wanted to read the whole thing in detail and then maybe I can fix her. Yeah… that’s how I’ll do it.

If people knew about my plans, then they’d say I was obsessed. I’m not though. I just want the best of her. I want to find out how she would be if this had never happened to her. I want to know if she would have been… happier? I don’t even understand what I mean. I just think that there could be a key to Lily’s mind and if you get in there then you can undo the shit that’s happened to her.

Okay. I think I’m mad.

Of course I’m mad… the dreams keep coming back, you know. They’re like nightmares. They start, and I remember new things, and they end… and she’s down. Lily’s down… down… down…

I can’t get that image out of my head. It’s like my mind wants me to be unhappy; like I deserve it. I already know I do… Every night my mind brings back yet another memory from our childhood that just shows me how much of an ass I was to her. It’s hell in my head.

The squeal of brakes. The ear-splitting scream. The crunch of metal against bone. Silence.

The people who witnessed those sounds, probably only had to see it once. It didn’t keep them up at night. They didn’t suffer. But I relive that all the time now, and it kills me… because I did that.

I ran downstairs, snapping myself from my thoughts quickly and running out the door, yelling to my mom as I went.

I jogged to the meeting spot and waited for the others, who arrived moments later.
“You gonna make it to school Frank?” Bert jeered.

I felt my cheeks grow hot and I shuffled my feet. Lily looked especially beautiful today. Her hair was down and hung in loosed curls around her face. She wore purple tights and a black dress over the top with a dark green cardigan. She has a flower tucked behind her ear which she had obviously picked from Donna’s garden and her shoes were sloppily untied. How she pulls these things off, I will never know.

She made a bee line for me and clamped her hand tightly onto my hand. I smiled and looked down at her, staring in distaste at the daisy that was peeping through her hair.

I plucked it out from her ear and tutted, “That won’t do…”

“What?” she said, confused, touching the place the flower had been, “Its pretty!”

“No, it’s simply not fitting,” I muttered, looking round me into the gardens that were gardened into special rows. I plucked a flower from a garden… not just any flower… a lily.

“There,” I placed it behind her ear and smiled, “A lily for a Lily.”

She grinned and pecked my lips. She’s getting better at being intimate now. I don’t know how, she just is.

“Now you’re golden…”

Dear diary,

He still hates me. He laughed when I said my favourite flower was a Lily.

“Typical,” he said, scornfully, “I bet you think it’s perfect like you.”

“No,” I said, angrily. He doesn’t understand. He wasn’t there! Mom showed me the lilies. She showed me their beauty, and said that’s why she named me ‘Lily.’

She picked me one once, placed it behind my ear, “Now you’re golden,” she said.

I never understood why she said that.

Yours sincerely,
Lily Anne Way
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and shite. Comments?
Sorry, its rubbish... i wanted to post something love. I haven't done stuff in tiiime.