Lily Baby.

Chapter 2

Frank’s POV

I couldn’t believe that was Lily Way. She looked really different to that little kid who skinned her knees in my back garden so many years ago. I doubt she even remembers me now. Mikey dragged me away from the window sulkily and took me to our registration room where Mr Jackson stood, taking attendance.

“I’m on time today, sir,” Frank said, proudly, “No late slip for me!”

Mr Jackson just grunted and signed him in. We took our seats right at the back of the room and stared out of the window and shared headphones.

Mikey screwed his face up in disgust, “You can’t be listening to that!”

I mocked hurt, “I like the Rocket Summer!”

He just rolled his eyes as I put on some Black Flag- he seemed to approve, “Better,” he sighed, relieved.
I couldn’t keep my mind from Lily, and I knew it was wrong to develop feelings for someone who didn’t really know what love was, as far as I know. But I couldn’t stop myself, no matter how hard I tried, I felt the same. Who knows? Maybe she’s got an awful personality… I really doubt that.

*Time Lapse*

The day went really fast, it was already lunch hour and the sun was creating a heavenly glow all over the school grounds. I may hate school but I really love summer. It makes everything so nice and shiny. We sat in the usual place, under the myspace tree. I love the myspace tree. Every summer memory takes place by the myspace tree. I can’t even recall why its called that- it just is, ever since that amazing day when Mikey and I were 13 and sat under this tree for the first time with our soggy tuna sandwiches and those little cherry tomato things that are a little bit awesome. We just knew- automatically- that the myspace tree was something of magical proportions. We’ve sat out there every single break and lunch time ever since then. Even through snow, we just add layers. Today was no different. We found Gerard already perched on a branch eating a bag of nachos and looking down on us.

“Hey, Gee,” we chorused, he simply nodded in our direction and resumed surveying the area.

“What’cha looking for, Gee?” Mikey asked, curiously.

“Lily, I want to make sure she’s settled in okay,” he replied, earning a frown from Mikey.

“Dude, Michelle can look after her, she’s fine,” he said.

“No- she’s bound to want to see us, I told her she could sit with us if she liked…”

“And why did you do that?” Mikey snapped, angrily.

“Because she is our sister and she’s bound to want to see us, jeez Mikey, quit being such a whiny bitch!” Gerard retorted.

“I am not being a whiny bitch!” Mikey whined, like a bitch, might I add.

I just laughed as Gerard continued observing, “Ahh, there she is!”

I looked quickly and saw Lily Way standing by her teacher giggling and smiling. She did that a lot, it seemed.

“Lily!” Gerard called, much to Mikey’s annoyance, causing Lily to look up excitedly like a little puppy and come running over to us.

“Gee-gee!” She cried as Gerard jumped down from his perch and embracing his sister who looked so small in his arms. Mikey gave her a half hearted hug before she threw her arms around me, shocking me slightly.

“Oh, hi there,” she pulled back from me, grinning from ear to ear.

“I went school!” she giggled excitedly.

“Yeah you did!” Gerard gushed, sitting down next to his sister and offering his nachos, “Oh, and Lily?”

She looked up quickly and smiled scarily widely, “What?”

“This is Frankie- he’s a new friend!”

“New friend!” her eyes shone and she clapped her hands excitedly, before throwing herself on top of me again in a bone-crushing hug.

“Yeah, it’s nice to meet you Lily!” I rasped, totally breathless. She laughed in my arms and pulled back slowly. She seemed a bit scared to let go of me.

“Okay, Lily, let go of Frankie now,” Gerard said, from behind her, but she still hesitated, looking confused.

“Uh,” she moaned, “I-I don’t-”

She just clung on, I wasn’t sure what was happening- I was just so concerned. Mikey just rolled his eyes and lay back in the sun.

I could see Gerard prying her fingers from around my shoulders, “Frankie doesn’t want you in his lap all afternoon!”

He giggled at Lily, who was just laughing uncontrollably, staring deep into my eyes, she seemed a bit mesmerized. Her eyes were not like Gerard and Mikey’s, they were many shades of blue with huge black lashes surrounding them. Most girls I know would kill to look like that without make up.

“Dude, she can sit on me if she likes- it’s not like she weighs a ton like Bert does,” I laughed. Gerard smiled gratefully and Mikey glared at Lily who returned the glare with a breathtaking smile. Her lips were such a lovely shape- the colour of rose petals and completely perfect. Seriously- you need surgery to look that good.

Oh, here come the goddamn butterflies.
Stupid damn butterflies.
I hate them, they think they are so great, flitting around in there making me feel like an idiot all the time.

I mentally slapped myself. Stupid Frank.

She shifted her body so that her back faced me and leaned back into me and sighed, closing her eyes gently. Breathing in and out, slowly and soothingly. I closed my eyes and took in her sweet scent.

“Um, Frankie?” said Gee, my eyes snapped open in surprise and focussed on his face.
“You okay there?” he asked, as I realised I must have looked really weird.

“Yeah,” I muttered.

“I should try and get her off you now,” he said, “Seeing as she needs to learn not to sit on people she barely knows.”

He stood up and gently plucked Lily from my arms, “Now honey, what did I tell you not to do?”

“Sit on people.”

“That’s right, now what do we say to Frankie?”

“Sorry, Frankie.”

Oh my God, is it me, or was that really adorable?

She yawned.

That was really adorable.

Gee set her on her feet and put her down by Mikey and sat down himself. I just felt weird from that point onwards. Then Bert came along.

Bert finally joined us, dressed all in black and his hair looked a little bit greasy which was understandable as he rarely had time to shower in the mornings. He sat next to me and stared at Lily.

“Well, who’s this then?” he purred.

“This is Lily- my little sister,” Mikey gestured, sighing.

“Well,” he said, “Aren’t you beautiful.”

She just cocked her head to the side and stared with those huge eyes.

“She doesn’t understand,” I whispered.

“How come? She retarded or something?” he said, flippantly.

Gerard gave him a death stare and muttered through gritted teeth, “Don’t say that word, McCracken.”

“Okay…” he murmured, before turning to me and whispering, “Seriously, dude, what’s the deal?”

I was going to explain, but then Lily sat up very suddenly shocking all of us, even Mikey looked up at her in interest.

“What’s retard?” she asked, innocently.

Gerard stared at her in surprise and Mikey coughed. Bert just looked confused, a small smile playing on his lips.

“Retard is just a word that rhymes with Gerard. It is a very mean word to say to someone, so I suggest you don’t use it and if someone ever says it to you then you do this with your fingers,” I grabbed her fingers and moved them so that the middle finger was up, “And point it at them, okay?”

She nodded, but I doubt she would remember. I hadn’t explained it very well but Gerard smiled gratefully at me and Lily played with her hands.

She mumbled something softly, and looked up at me and smiled.

Oh. My. God.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like the Rocket Summer
and comment people
i adore it
ahh, i say 'adore' too often
anywho, give me something to smile about and i may consider updating soon- possibly not tomorow though- i get to see flag ship down last ever gig hahaha! shame
anywhooo gogogogo!