Lily Baby.

Chapter 30

Frankie’s POV

Thinking about it now… making waffles was a dumb idea. The first catastrophe came to light when Mikey dropped the waffle iron on my toe and we lost one of the screws. The second was when Lily asked to help in the making of said waffles. That was probably the greatest catastrophe. Ever.

Who can say no to Lily, I ask you?

“Okay, you can hold the waffle iron.”

She squealed excitedly as I passed it to her.

“It’s not that exciting.”

“Mmmmph.”

See how sophisticated our conversations are becoming?

Eventually I kicked everyone out of the kitchen, Mikey and Lily because they simply cannot do waffles and Gerard because he kept whining about coffee.

“Okay, get out of my kitchen!

“Dude, it’s not your kitchen.”

“That’s it! I’m calling Donna.”

When I said that, my ears met the sounds of disgruntled teens leaving the kitchen as I finished the waffles.

“That’s what I thought,” I laughed, scraping the waffle based substances onto the iron.
They took a lot longer to be done than I had anticipated. Lily, Mikey and Gee were finding it difficult to sit still.

“Frank! Hurry! I’m getting the shakes!” cried Gerard anxiously, his coffee cup jiggling around as he spoke.

“Okay, okay!” I cried, shoving the brown stuff onto a four plates and carrying them with great difficulty out to the living room, “Breakfast!”

They’re fast when they’re hungry.

Jeph’s POV

All I know about the past twelve hours is that Lego was included. That would probably explain the little Lego man shoved up my left nostril.

“No, little Lego man! Don’t do it!” I half whispered, trying to blow the piece of plastic out my nose.

It had green stuff on it…

“Ew,” I murmured, holding it at arms length. It may have come from my nose. But it is still disgusting.

I noticed the painted clowns on the wall and immediately recognized Quinn’s room. He was lying in bed and I was on the floor. It was weird. He never puts himself to bed… He- oh, shit.

“Good morning, Mrs Allman,” I said nervously, looking up at the woman standing in the doorway, “How was your night?”

She has her bloody curlers in. How cliché. She crossed her arms and gave me a dark look.

“I could ask you the same thing. Is there any reason I found you and my son passed out on the carpet when I arrived home?”

“No Mrs Allman. Sorry, it… he woke up… and… um…” Oh for fuck’s sake stop stuttering will you? You sound like you actually did rape her son.

“Here,” she said, holding out a twenty and pressing it into my palm, “I would suggest you leave before Quinn wakes up. He hates seeing people in his room in the morning.”

She smiled as I left, she obviously wasn’t holding a grudge. After all, I had woken her son up pretty late. He’s not gonna sleep tonight… I smiled internally at the thought.

That bitch won’t get a wink of sleep if Quinn has anything to do with it.

Mikey’s POV

It’s the weekend. I’m just killing time. It shouldn’t be like that. I should be attending parties and making out with hot girls, but… we tried that a couple weeks ago; Gerard and I. He took me to a really crazy party, but none of the girls there met the standards I had subconsciously set before I arrived.

Standards which include: pretty but not cocky about it, kind yet not too sweet, smart but not Frank or Ray smart, normal smart you know. And dark hair was a preference. I don't know why... I really don't.

Why is that so fucking difficult to find? I found myself worrying. But then I had a panic attack over the fact that I might have already found her, but I’m just too stupid to have realised.

This is scary. This is scary. This is so fucking scary.

My baby sister has found someone. Gee’s has had his fair share of people and I’m pretty sure he’s had Bert. I’m set to live a life alone, with a bunch of cats and really crap TV. Words cannot describe how much I would hate that.

Lily and Frank look too damn cute right now. They’re playing with Frank’s keys. I swear Lily and Frank are like little kitties. Throw something shiny at them and they’ll go mental. Oh, great they’re laughing like idiots again. What the hell is so funny?

Seriously, I’m sick of them now.

I got up out of my chair, made a couple of excuses as I quickly made my way out the front door and into the garden where I felt the strangest feeling in my chest.

I bent, doubled over, my hands leaning on my knees as I panted. I have crap lungs, but now it feels like my heart is shattering.

I prayed to God it wasn’t asthma. I can’t remember where I left my inhaler because I was showing Lily how it worked and I left it somewhere. I am totally unprepared for another attack…

Breathe in… breathe out…

“Breathe in… breathe out… it’s easy. Just like your ABC’s…”

“Lily, I suck at the alphabet…” I groaned, looking up at my younger sister. My nine year old lungs are failing me already.

“I know, but its easier than the alphabet… just… breathe in…”

“Breathe out. Thanks.”

She rubbed circles on my back. I wondered why she hadn’t called for mom yet. Gerard would. He panics at the sight of blood. An ambulance would be parked outside the house right now if Gee were here.

“Okay?” she can tell. She just knows when it’s working. She’s so good.

“Yes,” I panted, as my heart beat, which had risen so high from the initial panic of not being able to breath, slowed down.

“Do you need your inhaler?” she asked, her small feet scuffing the ground nervously as she looked up at me expectantly.

“Not this time.” The first time I ever had an asthma attack and didn’t have to use an inhaler.


“Breathe in… breathe out…”

Who the fuck?

Okay, I can’t look up but… someone is rubbing my back and whispering in my ear. But it’s working.

“You okay down there?” the voice said again.

I nodded, my hair flopping as I did so, “I’m f-fine.”

“Can you get up?”

When did I get on the floor?

I looked around, realising I was knelt, face pressed into the dewy grass.

“Y-yeah…” I stood, knees trembling like Bambi. No… not Bambi. Like Lily when she had to learn to walk again. Okay, that wasn’t a calming thought, Mikey…

I slowly looked up to see an angel.

“Hey,” the angel speaks?

She looks foggy. Why does she look foggy?

“You look foggy?” I say, stupidly.

“Oh! I think your glasses fell off,” she says, her outline disappearing as she bends to pick something up, “Here.”

Vision! I blink as the world shifts before me.

“Hey,” I say to a newly un-fogged world and a familiar girl.

“Hey,” she laughed, “I’m Alicia, remember me?”

Oh, I remember you.

“Yeah.”

The second time I ever had an asthma attack and didn't have to use my inhaler.

She's the one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right so. Comments?

Also, although this story is far from ending... how do you guys feel about a sequel?
Next update... possibly Thursday, which will go out to a reader who will be turning 18 :)