Lily Baby.

Chapter 33

Lily's POV

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are,
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are...


Frank's POV

There are five coffee stains on the table, out of which i have contributed three. Six empty cups of coffee stand. Only one is full. There are thirty-two blue tiles on the mosaic decoration of the table, fourteen are white, and the rest are green. There are twelve chairs in the lounge, all currently occupied. There are seven people standing up and there are two people sitting on the floor. There are fifteen dark marks on the floor and approximately twenty-two bloodstains on the carpet. Sixteen people have coughed in the last half hour, nine have sneezed, thirty have spontaneously burst into tears. Six pregnant women have passed us and two women with squirming infants have left the hospital.

I want this to end.

Donna's bedraggled figure appeared at the door, "Here," she mumbled, absent mindedly passing me my fifth cup of coffee, "Are you alright, dear?"

I nodded. Speech is beyond me now, bile collects in my throat and it takes a lot to not throw up on the coffee table. I hate these places. I constantly went in and out of hospitals as a child.

"The doctors are looking her over right now, they said she might wake up soon," she said, obviously trying to fill the silences with mindless chatter, as she has been doing for the past four hours. Which reminds me... I ought to call my mother...

"Yeah," I croaked.

"She'll be fine... just fine, she's a fighter you know?"

"I know."

"But I mean... what happened? How did this happen?" not the first time she's asked me that.

"She was just... running."

"And that's it?"

"I don't know!" I said, angrily, "I wasn't there..."

I wasn't there for her.

The tears came then.

"It's okay Frank, come on," Donna cooed, "It's not your fault."

"Yes, it is! It's my fault I love her so much and it's my fault all this shit happens to her," I sobbed.

She just gave me a look. No 'Oh it's okay, Frank' or anything like that. She just looked at me. And I was terrified.

"I told you not to fall in love with her, Frank," she said quietly.

"I know."

"You have been so... foolish, Frank. I warned you this would happen!"

"You did not!" I hissed, "You just told me not to, and you know I barely ever do what I'm told!"

I stood up quickly and left before I started yelling. You just don't yell in hospitals.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Because it's raining and i'm frozen. Broke my laptop. Updates are slow. This one sucked, but I enjoy to count.

You should click here, you know. Do it. It's a competition! Which will only be on for a week or two more, so get your entries in now.

Also: Hey Lucy!