Lily Baby.

Chapter 42

Jeph’s POV

I heard a knock at the door. I looked at Quinn; sleeping seemed to only enhance his beauty. I smiled absently as I made my way to the door, hoping that whoever happened to be there would make their visit quick.

“Um, hey, Gerard, Mikey,” I smiled uncertainly, staring at the two figures in the doorway. I tried to think back to a time where they had ever come to my house and I could not think of one. Something was wrong.

They said nothing. Why are they saying nothing?

Mikey glared at me and raised his fists to me. Gerard mimicked his actions. And I realised why they were at my house. And my first instinct wasn’t to protect myself.

I just had to protect Quinn…

Frank’s POV

Time seemed to stop altogether whilst waiting for news from Gerard and Mikey. It seemed almost as long as waiting for Lily at the hospital. Almost.

It was much darker now and I almost wished my mother wasn't on the late shift at work. I needed her. The entire room was drenched in blue; like someone had soaked he walls we’ve deep blue ink.

“Where do you think they are?” whispered Alicia, I looked over at her with jealousy. Lily was curled up in her lap, fast asleep.

“I don’t know,” I replied, “They’ll be fine.”

“Why do they have to fight each other?” she asked, biting her lip, “Jeph is a good guy!”

“A good guy wouldn’t attack a girl like Lily.”

Alicia’s eyes brimmed with tears but before she could answer she was interrupted by Gerard and Mikey bursting through the door.

“Shush!” I hissed, “Lily’s sleeping!” But it was too late.

“Are you okay?” Alicia cried, jumping up so quickly, knocking Lily onto the floor in the process.

“Shit, watch it!” I hissed, sweeping Lily up into my arms, “Are you okay baby?”

She nodded, rubbing her head slightly, stifling a yawn.

“It was the weirdest thing,” Gerard whispered, staring straight ahead in shock, “He didn’t fight back. He was trying to protect Quinn…”

“Why are there bruises on your face then?” whispered Alicia, tracing the purpling marks on Mikey’s face tenderly.

“Quinn… he’s strong.”

Alicia sighed, “I’ll get you some tea…”

“No!” Mikey stopped her, “There’s more.”

“We didn’t mean to,” said Gerard, quietly.

“What do you mean?” I said.

“Nothing…” muttered Mikey.

I shrugged, “Right, I’m putting Lily in my bed, she’s tired.”

“It’s just-” Mikey cut in, and I turned from my position on the stairs carefully, so as not to drop Lily.

“What, Mikey?”

“I think… I think Jeph’s dead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
IM SO SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG. But I've been so busy and in pain. I hate work experience.
I've been busy BUT, as a 'present', I wrote this: First Love.
I'm so sorry! I hope this sort of makes up for it.

Image
natzlovesyou

EDIT: Also, I saw Fall Out Boy (for the second time in 10 days) last night! Best night of my life but it made me so tired I had to leave work early 'cause I almost fainted...