Lily Baby.

Chapter 43

Jeph’s POV

The taste of metal fills my mouth as I try not to choke on my own blood. But I can’t move; why the fuck can’t I move?

It takes a lot of effort to peel my bruising eyelids open but I manage it eventually. My face is pressed up against the floor and I try my hardest to pull my arm up to my face. I can’t.

“Quinn!” I try to say but all that comes from my lips is an incoherent gargling sound.

He’s cowering in the corner.

“Jeph?” he lisps, jutting out his bottom lip.

He crawls over to me and pulls me up with his oddly strong arms. I can’t control my body and my head lolls like a rag doll. He strokes the hairs on my head like I’m his little pet rabbit except his hands are rougher and press harder than you usually would on any animal. Quinn loves rabbits. He never stops going on about them. About how his teacher got loads of little rabbits in lots of different colours and let him look after them. He sure does love rabbits.

“Wake up, Jeph,” he sniffles. He really is just a child. I try to reach out to him but I can’t.

I try to formulate words, “Call 911!” but he can’t understand me and I know it will never occur to him to do that anyway, so I’m screwed. I’ll probably bleed to death right here due to his lack of sense.

“What I do? What I do, Jeph?”

I don’t know?

I pray that my mom will return soon but I know that won’t happen. She’s out on a ‘date’ if you can call it that and she won’t be back til tomorrow, I promise. In my opinion, she’s way too past it to be found attractive by any man. Every boy is supposed to love their mother right? I’m the fucking anomaly. It’s her fault I’m so fucked up; it’s her fault I’m sick enough to fall in love with Quinn; it’s her fault I manipulated him into beating up his friend. And it was so easy because he doesn’t know any better.

But most of all, it’s her fault that I’ve basically grown up pretending to be fine. I’m not fine. I’m really not fine. I’m messed up, I’m useless, I’m insecure, I’m a mistake.
And now I can’t even communicate…

I suppose this is how it is to be in a coma. Everyone’s talking at you and you’re not even able to reply, yet you hear every word. But then it hits me.

I’m not in a coma.

I’m Quinn.

Frank’s POV

As soon as the words fall from Mikey’s lips, I know we’re screwed. I stare holes into the floor as an oblivious Lily falls asleep in my arms.

“It’s just… one minute he was fighting back, you know? He was taunting us, and I got angry. He said he wished he could have finished her off,” Gerard gestured towards Lily, “He said she didn’t deserve to be treated like she was something special… and I just snapped. Next thing you know, Quinn’s crying and I’m covered in Jeph’s blood.”

My voice dropped to barely a whisper, “Are you sure he’s dead?”

“We didn’t stick around to find out,” Mikey added sadly.

“Guys, if he is dead, then you guys are screwed… and if we don’t report this then we become like… accessories to crime,” Alicia says, her face looking puzzled, “I think…”

“Technically, I’m the culprit,” Gerard said and Mikey stared at him, “Mikey had nothing to do with it…”

“No! If you go down, I go down. We’re brothers, Gee; I wouldn’t let you do that!”

I shook my head sadly as Gerard waved Mikey’s remark away, “Take Lily upstairs, Frank, she’s tired, she doesn’t deserve more crap in her life right now…”

I nodded and did as he said, carrying Lily’s motionless form up the stairs and into my dark, cave of a room. She woke up as I was trying to put her into bed and started complaining.

“I no tired!” she insisted but I merely shrugged. She grew restless and I could tell she craved attention.

I pulled my dark bed sheets over her small form; I never realised how small she was. At first sight, to any outside observer, she might seem like a completely normal teenaged girl. But she can give everything away with one sentence. One sentence and no one can be mistaken that Lily Way is a little bit backward, and I hate to admit it but it’s true.

My efforts to fix her will be in vain. It’s hard to know that, because I’ve never loved anyone like I’ve loved Lily.

I sigh, stretching my legs and I feel her eyes boring into me as I leave the room. I don’t miss her call the word “Stay!” but I ignore it. I can’t let myself be taken in by her anymore.

You see, I’ve made her out to be perfect. And I’ve never met anyone more flawed in my entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know what? I was totally gonna kill off Jeph. I was like, "Hm, I've been away a while, I'll throw in a little bit of a surprise, you know. See what the readers say..." And I got the expected reaction from a lot of you but then I got one which was very unexpected and I felt really weird and offended and almost sick. So I let him live. I hope the readers - who I value a lot and love - are glad that Jeph did not meet his grizzly end - but there are still some surprises up my sleeve.
I would also like to add that in no way do I promote homophobia in what I write. I personally have several friends (and even a family member) who are gay, bi, lesbian, whatever. It's still love. I am sorry I sound so bitchy but I think we will all agree homophobia is a very sensitive issue, especially on a site like Mibba.
And, please, do not spam me with bitchy messages/comments, kay?

Anyway,
Image
Umbrella Pwnage

Comments? I love you all and I will be updating a lot more now and I'd like to thank you all for not unsubscribing and keeping the faith. One day, I'm gonna write Lily and Frank the best ending because that is what you guys deserve. I'm sorry I couldn't make this better. It sucks and I totally agree: it is cliche in the nicest sense : )
First Love.