Lily Baby.

Chapter 5

I was way too hyper to go home. My mom would have killed me. She says its not healthy for me to have as much sugar as a I consume in a day. So in the end, I called my mom and told her I was sleeping over here which was fine because I’ve slept here before so I guess no one minds. I’ve never slept here whilst Lily was here. I guess I never really knew her. Knew about her or anything. She’s always been their little secret.

I guess secrets can’t be kept forever. Lily is just proof of that.

We had just had dinner and Gerard and I went upstairs to sit in his room, Gerard was in the bathroom so I started making my bed on Gee’s sofa.

“Frankie?”

I turned around quickly to see Lily peering through the crack in the door at me.

“Hey,” I smiled, she walked in, already in her dark blue pyjamas, patterned with tiny little penguins, “Are you okay?”

She responded slowly, “Yes.”

I sat down on the sofa and gestured for her to sit down next to me.

“Lily likes Frankie…” she smiled, dreamily as she yawned.

I giggled girlishly and pulled her in for a hug. Her hair smelt like strawberry jam which made me immensely happy.

I just knew she’d be off to sleep soon so I stroked soothing circles on her back and gently kissed her forehead. She shifted so her head was in my lap and I continued to caress her silky hair.

“Hey,” whispered Gerard as he re-entered, smiling, “Looks like someone was tired.”

“I guess she had a long day…” I said, yawning myself.

I gathered the sleeping body into my arms and carried her into her bedroom. It looked like a cross between a teenagers and a toddler’s room- which was just a shocking combination. There were mountains of teddies and puzzles everywhere but the bedding looked like something my cousin would have in her room.

Gerard followed me and pulled back the covers, giving me room to put her into bed and gently tuck her in. She reminded me of a child. The way she sort of sucked her thumb and made funny little sucky sounds as she slept. It was adorable. But I remembered the warning Donna had given me. I promised I wouldn’t get too attached, and I would keep my promise if it killed me. Well, it probably would.

I tucked the covers around her like my mom used to do for me when I was little. I noticed her stirring but I quickly put my hand on her cheek and rubbed the skin gently- remembering how it used to work with me when I was a kid. Gerard left me to it, smiling. I don’t know he was smiling- maybe he was just glad I’d been able to accept his sister. It wasn’t difficult- in my eyes, a person is a person. Whatever problems they have can be overcome. And Lily’s problems could be overcome.

There is nothing wrong with Lily Way. If I can see that, then so can everyone else…

When I woke up the next morning on Gerard’s sofa I could not hide my excitement. It was finally Saturday and I was at Gerard’s house which meant Donna was cooking breakfast.

I got up, noticing Gerard’s empty bed, and got dressed hurriedly, “I swear if the food is all gone when I get there…” I muttered, “I’m gonna kill someone.”

I went downstairs and found the whole collection of Way’s: Mommy Way, Daddy Way, Gerard Way, Mikey Way and Baby Way. It made me smile to see them there.

I sat down at the table next toBaby Lily who’s plate of pancakes were decorated by a smiley face of syrup. My own plate was full of pancakes with a skittles smiley placed delicately on top.

I smiled up at Donna, “I love you!” I cried sweetly, making Donna giggle and Donald, Gee and Mikey smile up at me. Mikey the ice queen seemed to have warmed up.

Lily gave me a confused look, “You… love… mommy?”

Her eyes seemed to cloud over and I hurriedly said, “Not like love love but like, she’s awesome kinda love, you know?”

She seemed confused, but smiled nonetheless, “Okay.”

I sighed in relief and began to eat my pancakes. We made small talk for a while but we were never people who made small talk anyways. We sat in a comfortable silence for a couple of minutes before I noticed Lily’s eyes boring into the side of my head.

“What?” I asked, nervously.

She pointed at my plate, “What are those?”

She was obviously referring to the skittles, “Well, they are possibly, the most delicious things ever, care to try one?”

I don’t think she understood all of that but she tried one nonetheless. A smile lit up her entire face.

“Yummy?” I suggested.

She nodded frantically before making a sudden strangled sound in her throat.

“Oh my god, are you okay?” I cried frantically.

“Donald, she’s choking!” cried Donna, the sounds of chairs scraping bouncing of the walls, “Do something!”

Lily’s dad plucked her from her place and began the Heimlich manoeuvre- anything to stop her choking.

Mikey, Gerard and I just stood in a corner, looking on in horror.

What have I done?
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this one. kind of
This one is for Gina- who refuses to leave me alone when it comes to Lily Baby
Bless her. she's lovely.
Also for Becky. who likes my updates.
And April: comment this you lazy moo.

Comments?
xo