Lily Baby.

Chapter 8

Gerard’s POV

I know Frankie is hiding something from me. He’s been acting funny all day. I’m worried he’s done something bad or has gotten himself into trouble. He’s been mine and Mikey’s friend for years now, and we always help each other through stuff. I don’t want him to keep things from me. We’re best friends. No matter what’s going on around us.

He’s been acting shy all day now. Well, ever since we got back from the mall.
We decided to go upstairs and show Mikey our new stuff. I don’t know what’s going on with Mikey nowadays either. I just feel like they’re both hiding stuff from me. I just guess that it’s their age. They’re growing up- I’ve already gone through it as I am three years older than they are. But we’re still friends nonetheless.

“Hey, Mikes?” I called through his bedroom door, “You in there?”

He came to the door in just his boxers, blinking groggily, “What time is it?”

“It’s… half three,” said Frank, looking at his watch.

“In the afternoon!” he cried, suddenly, “No one woke me!”

“Mom tried…” I began, “She said you were too sleepy.”

“Ugh!” he growled slamming the door in our faces. We could hear him angrily opening and closing doors, no doubt getting dressed.

“Is he PMS-ing?” Frank asked, innocently.

“It’s probable,” I said as my mom opened Lily’s bedroom door and looked at us curiously.

“What’s going on out here?” she asked, slightly annoyed. Lily’s giggling could be heard from inside.

“Mikey’s pissed ‘cause you didn’t wake him up,” I said.

“Oh for the love of God,” she muttered, walking over to Mikey’s bedroom door and knocking, “Michael James Way, open this door this minute!”

Lily had now joined the gathering, being was very careful to stay on my left side, away from Frank. She shuffled her feet nervously.

Mikey’s door inched open, revealing Mikey now fully dressed, “What?” he hissed.

“Don’t you ‘what’ me,” said mom, “Apologise to your sister!”

“What? Why?” he said, suddenly annoyed, glaring at Lily.

“You scared her! What with all the banging and crashing- really Michael, you know better than this!” she cried.

“Whatever,” he muttered, slamming the door in our faces.

Mom was fuming, so I took Lily and Frank downstairs and grabbed Lily’s coat, “Let’s go for a walk, yeah?”

She nodded enthusiastically as I tried (and failed) to get the coat on her, “God! Stop squirming!”

Frank merely giggled and watched, “You could help me…”

“Fine,” he laughed, placing one hand on Lily’s shoulder. But he soon whipped it away when Lily started screaming- like she was on fire.

“Lily! What’s the matter?” I cried, turning her in my arms to look at her arm.

“No- no Frankie! No touch Frankie!” she stammered, shaking her head violently, casting dark looks over her shoulder at Frank.

“Okay- it’s okay! Frank won’t touch you…” I muttered, sighing heavily, continuing the struggle to clothe her.

Frank stood in the hall looking annoyed, but I ignored him as I hustled them both out of the house and down the street to the park, Lily on my left and Frank on my right. It was totally silent.

This is gonna be fun…

Frank’s POV

“Push me higher, Gerard!” screamed Lily from the swings as Gerard pushed her up and down. I sat in the sand pit. Lily had told me to stay there. (“You go in sand pit Frank, okay?”)

She doesn’t even call me Frankie anymore, which I hate. My name doesn’t sound as sweet from anyone but Lily’s lips. And when she says Frank it all seems so wrong.

I don’t understand why she suddenly hates me; maybe she really does have a shorter attention span than me! I really don’t know, to be quite honest. It just kills me.

What was it she said the other day?

”I get tummy aches when I see you,” surely that means something?

I wish she wasn’t being so cold to me… No touch Frankie!

That one hurt.

“Hey, Frank? Come here a sec’,” Gerard called, beckoning to me.

I jogged over to the swings where Lily was still sitting, flying high.

“I gotta make a phone call…” he wiggled his eyebrows and I knew who he was gonna call, he just didn’t want to do it in front of Lily, she wouldn’t understand the words ‘drug’, ‘dealer’ and ‘fuck you, man’, “Do you think you can keep an eye on Lily?”

“Sure,” this was my perfect opportunity.

“Thanks, hey, Lily! I’ll be right back. Be good for Frankie!” he winked at me as he jogged out of eyesight.

Lily squirmed on the skin and I was scared she would fall so I grabbed the seat and held it still, “Hey, stop!”

She looked up at me with a pained expression as she wriggled around, “No!” she said simply. I masked a smile.

“Stop being so annoying, Lily,” I said, in my most disapproving tone, and with that she sat completely still and huffed loudly, “Well that’s better, now Lily, why don’t you like me anymore?”

Her eyes widened as she frantically started babbling, “I do likes you Frankie!”

“Well why are you so mean to me?” I pretended to look sad and I turned from her dramatically, I sniffed, “You’re (sniff) gonna (sniff) make me (sniff) cry!”

I heard a thud as she jumped off the swing and threw her arms around me, “Frankie no cry!”

“Aw, I wasn’t really crying, Lily! Just a little joke you know?” she nodded, she gave me a slightly annoyed look before a smile spread across her face again.

“Guess what, Frankie!” she cried, she began jumping up and down frantically.

“What?”

“Mommy says I’m in love!” she cried, happily, waving her arms around.

I looked at her in shock, “Ugh, what?”

I definitely wasn’t expecting that…
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time. I know
Comments would be really quite nice
i don't care if your posts don't go up
because it is common courtesy okay.
goshhh
i swear, everything nowadays is a popularity contest. god
right, imma gonna listen to some Kate Nash. oh yeashhh
love her
Yeah, you made me merry made me very very happy.