Let's Be Honest

Chapter 1 Assigned Seats

"Miley! Look who it is!" I nudged my best friend and pointed at Peter. Peter was probably the cutest guys in 8th grade, or maybe 2nd cutest. Mitch was pretty cute too, but Jay had already claimed Mitch. Just as Miley claimed Peter. The two most popular guys in the grade weren’t really in my range. Besides, I prefer personality over looks.

“Shut up!” Miley slapped my arm. “but yes, I did notice him.”

“Haha okay, I got to go to math, see ya!” we did out routine “hug before departure”.

I walked into math, and saw the usual familiar faces. Everyone was in the back of the room. New seats.

“Okay, I’m sure you’re all sick of your neighbors after 2 dragging weeks of school.” Mrs. Dunne said jokingly. A selected few chuckled slightly.

“Tough crowd.. oh well, starting at the front left of the room, Amy, Miranda, Charlie…”

“Nova!” I looked to see who called my name.

“Anna!” Anna was another amazing friend. She arrived late. Again.

“New seats?” she asked watching Mrs. Dunne point to desks, calling out names.

“Yep.”

“Anna, Carl, Keke…” Mrs. Dunne was still going.

“Oh, see ya Nova!” Anna went and sat down at her new seat.

“Okay, at the other side of the room, Ashley, Veto, Nova, Kieran.” Of course. I’m at the other side of the room from Anna, and to make it worse, Next to Veto. Veto is simply horrifying. He picks his nose, and wipes it on peoples stuff. I just might die. On the other hand, me and Kieran used to be friends in 6th grade. I went to sit down.

“Hey neighbor.” Kieran said.

“Hey Kieran.” I made a friendly smile.

“Wow, I’m surprised you remember my name, we haven’t talked since 6th grade.” He said.

“How could I forget the kid who came to school after spring break with his whole face peeling?”

“True, or the guy that you stole his locker combo from, then opened his locker at random times throughout the day.”

I laughed at the memory. I have to admit, he may not be a Peter or a Mitch, but he was pretty nice.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Please Anna! You know how shy I am with this type of thing!”

“Fine! After school, by my locker.” She said after my constant begging.

“Thank you sooooo much!!! I’ll be there!” I answered gratefully.

After school came. I walked to Anna’s locker, which was 2 lockers away from Kieran’s. Anna and Kieran were pretty good friends. Me and Kieran grew a friendship in the past 3 months that we’ve been sitting together in math. Mrs. Dunne forgets to do things sometimes, but in this case, I’m okay with it. I got to Anna, she suddenly had a face of realization.

“oops, I almost forgot, haha.” She whispered.

“Hey Kieran, do you have a phone?” Anna asked Kieran.

“Yeah.” Kieran responded.

“Can I have your number?”

“sure it’s- ”

“Can I have it too?” I asked shyly.

“Of course!” and he read off his number, while me and Anna copied it onto our phones.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“My nails look amazing! Thank you so much!” I recapped the nail polish and blew on Marissa’s wet nails. Marissa is a very close friend, even though she’s a grade lower. My phone buzzed from a new text. I checked it, and dropped it in shock.

“What? Who is it?” Marissa asked.

“Ki-Kieran” I managed to spit out. She picked up the phone and read the text.

“Hey Nova, u wanna hang out at the park with me and Jesse?” she read aloud. With a dead-serious expression, she said

“we’re going.” We grabbed our shoes and I left a note on the door: “Went out. Love, Nova”

We hung out at the park, then later went to his house.

“Let’s play truth or dare!” Marissa suggested.

Me and Kieran spoke in unison “Noo..” I feared the common question “Who do you like.” The answer was Kieran. I didn’t want to say that!

Jesse said, “Ya! Lets! Kieran, Who do you like, or I dare you to ask out the girl you like.” Jesse nudged at Kieran. Kieran looked at me, blushed, looked down and shook his head. Was it me? Did Kieran like me?

I hope so.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kieran- shy guy, band geek type. sweet, funny, smart, not that bad looking, weird, nice
Nova- shy girl, funny, sweet, weird, not that bad looking, insecure, nice
Miley- outgoing, attractive, funn, nice (slightly mean), a tad bit conceded
Anna- sweet, insecure, silly, very nice
Jesse- weird, doesnt think things out, confident, nice
Marissa- outgoing, nice, funny, girly