Hidden

A Fight

I don't go back into that section of the hallway for the rest of the day.

Guilt was overwhelming me. My girl would surely recognize someone she saw twice in the same day, and she might feel tempted to come over to me.

If I were kind, I would be cruel and coarse to her. But I couldn't make myself do that, not to her. So I would just have to stay out of her life all together.

I merge into the crowd, melting with the background. Nobody was aware of me past me being an obstacle in the throng. Just the way I desired it to be.

Looking ahead, I spotted two kids fighting each other. They weren't tainted, not like I was. Blood hit the floor as forcefully as the boys did. The crimson smeared across the grotty floor as the other students crowded around, jeering and egging them on. Teachers also swarmed, but most were simply watching the spectacle. The few that attempted to break it apart were slammed back into the crowd.

I sighed and turned, and nearly ran into my girl. Her lips were drawn in slightly, a tense, nervous habit. Her dark eyes were assessing the scene, and I saw intelligence in them. I had to break the trance and move away, once again vanishing into the crowd, unobserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. So...yeah huh. This really is how life at my school is, the fighting thing. So yeah.