Sequel: Hearts So Pure

A New Beginning

Eleven

I was shocked. Because first of all, I knew it wasn’t Kennedy. We had gotten over that. I heard once that some guy knocked on this girls window in the middle of the night, and when she opened it, he killed her. Or maybe it was a movie? I tried to remain calm. Who the hell would be doing this? Forget Garrett, I didn’t even dream of him coming to my window anymore. Maybe it was really a killer. I held my breath and hoped whoever it was would just go away. A minute passed. I began to relax again, when I heard it again. Then I figured, if it’s a killer he’ll probably break the window or something. And if it’s Pat or someone I probably seem rude ignoring them. So with a lot of hesitation, I got out of bed and poked my finger between the blinds. I immediately let out a soft shriek and jumped back from my window. What I saw was two, big round eyes staring back at me, as close to the window as my own face was. I could hear my pulse in my temples, but I couldn’t back away now. I slowly walked back to the window, opening the blinds with one swift motion. At first, I didn’t see anyone. But when I looked to the left, there was Garrett, leaning against my house like he belonged there. His hands were in his front pockets, one leg was up against the wall, and he was just staring forward, waiting patiently. Immediately I felt 100 times better, because it was Garrett and not someone with a knife and this wasn’t about to be a horror movie. I opened the window as quickly (but as quietly) as I could, and he turned to me. We stared at each other for a good ten seconds, and when I realized he wasn’t gonna say anything, I backed away from the window and walked to my bed, knowing he would follow. I laid down, facing the wall, and I heard the window lock back into place. I heard Garrett take his shoes off and I felt him get into bed beside me. When I didn’t feel him touch me, I turned and saw that he was laying on his back, staring at the ceiling. Even though it was dark, the streetlight was pouring into my room from the window and I could make out his features, but its not like I hadn’t had them memorized already. His hair was going in all directions, his shirt went more too the left than it should have, and he smelled like french fries. I could see his chest rising and falling as he breathed. Unable to stay still any longer, I extended my arm around him, and he faced me. He kissed me softly, and I hadn’t realized how much I missed this. I breathed him in as I felt his hands on my neck, giving me goosebumps. His lips worked their way down to my neck, and he whispered, between kisses, “I missed you so much.” If my mind wasn’t racing, I probably would have gotten emotional when he said that. But I had no time to be emotional, because Garrett was sitting on the side of my bed now, taking his shirt off. I had seen him shirtless before, that day I went to his house, but now, with the small amount of light streaming in making shadows on his back that made me notice every muscle, every curve, it was all new. I got up, and sat behind him. I kissed his neck, and my hands caressed his shoulders. His hand was in my hair, and he turned around and laid me back down on the bed with one, quick motion. I slipped my shirt off, and I could feel his hands on my stomach. His hands traveled to my back, and I felt him unhooking my bra. I bit my lip, and I could feel exhilarating pulsing throughout my body, no doubt the hormones mixed with his hot breath against my skin. He threw my bra on the floor, and with his hands back on my stomach, he began kissing my breasts. His lips traveled down my abdomen, and he stopped right before my belt. He undid it, and unzipped my pants, too. Then he took his pants off, while I removed mine. He kissed me on the lips again, those soft, mind blowing kisses, but this time it was a little faster. Still soft, but there was definitely something else there. While we were still kissing, I felt his hand on my thigh. I moaned, unable to hold it in, and he looked at me and smiled. Then he slipped his underwear off, and I did too. He kissed me again, and we were both completely naked, tangled together.

The next morning, Garrett was gone. I got up, wearing only his shirt and some panties. I looked at my window, there was a piece of paper taped to it that said “Meet me at our special place.” There was a small, messy heart drawn on the bottom, and I knew who it was from. I closed my eyes, thinking of last night. I could still feel his soft, quick breaths along my neck, and I could still hear his voice in my ear. I opened my eyes, realizing that he was probably waiting, and threw on some pants and put on a bra underneath his shirt. I combed my hair quickly and washed my face, and I told my mom that I was going for some coffee. I had been doing that a lot since I’d gotten here, and she didn’t seem suspicious. I walked down the street, and time seemed to all at once go by painstakingly slow and quicker than ever.

When I got to the entrance of the ditch, right at the corner of the bridge, I stopped. I started to climb down, and I could see Garrett standing there, his back to me. His hands were in his pockets, and he was staring out at the sky. I smiled. He was close enough for me to be able to notice he smelled like coffee and aftershave. I closed my eyes again, and I could feel his lips on my neck again. Then, quickly, I walked to him, eager to feel his touch.