Sequel: Hearts So Pure

A New Beginning

Thirteen

I slowly opened my eyes, and at first I didn’t remember where I was. But then I felt Garrett’s arm around me, and I could hear his breathing. I looked around his room- it was dark, but light from a streetlamp came pouring in. I dug my hands into my pockets and pulled out my phone. It was 4 AM. “Fuck!” I said, whispering. I nudged Garrett. “We fell asleep-hey!” I said. He rolled over, and muttered “what?” “Garrett we fell asleep! And tomorrow’s Monday. And it’s 4 in the morning.” I said. He sat up. “Shit!” he said. He grabbed a shirt from the floor and pulled it over his head. I looked down at myself, I had his shirt on and some underwear-that was it. I stood up to look for my pants. I was squinting my eyes to try to find them, when I felt Garrett’s hand ease around my hips. He whispered to me from the bed, “come back.” I turned to him, and he had laid back down, and he was now propped up on his elbows, leaning back. His hair was a mess, and there was the smallest trace of a smile on his lips. I felt goosebumps begin to form all over my bare legs, and I crawled on top of him. I cupped my hand around his face, and I kissed him. He kissed my neck, and whispered in my ear, “stay with me.” I bit my tongue as he began slowly pulling my shirt up, his finger tracing the outline of my hips as he did. He pulled my shirt off, and climbed on top of me. He started kissing my neck, and working his way down my chest to my stomach. I felt his hands reach for my panties, pulling them off as slowly as he could. He kissed my knee, then began kissing my inner thigh. I felt warm sensations rise from my stomach, and I took in a deep breath. His lips were soon between my legs, and my hands were in his hair, as I tried to hold back my cries.

At 6 AM I left to my house, sneaking into my room. Garrett told me to meet him at his house instead of going to school. So I did. When my parents woke up, they had no idea I had been gone. I left at the usual time, and soon I was at Garrett’s window again. I climbed in, and he looked like he had just gotten out of the shower. He handed me two movie cases, and said, “pick one.” I looked at the movies; fight club and “zombie movie.” I had seen fight club a million times, so I picked the zombie one. Garrett smiled and popped it into a DVD player. We spent the morning laying on his bed watching the movie.

At around three, after we had spent the day watching movies, Garrett suddenly looked out the window. “What was the name of that boy you used to date?” He said. “Brandon?” I replied. Then I looked out the window. “Oh fuck, Brandon!” I said. Brandon’s car was parked outside my house, and the drivers door flew open. “What’s he doing at your house?” Garrett asked. “I don’t know,” I said. I got up and walked outside, and Garrett followed. Brandon was at my front door now, ringing the doorbell. I called to him from Garrett’s front lawn. “Brandon?” I said. He turned around, and he smiled when he saw me. Then I saw his gaze move to Garrett. “You!” He screamed, and ran over. I stepped in front of Garrett before Brandon could get close, and I yelled, “What are you doing here!” Brandon laughed. He looked drunk. “Leah,” he said, slurring. “I miss you, baby. Why do you like this guy? He’s an asshole. You need me, Leah” He said. “Brandon get the hell out of here. Did you miss school to come over here and try to win me back? We’re done. Seriously, leave.” I said. Brandon’s facial expression changed. “You choose him over me? Come on, this guy’s an asshole. Leah, baby,” he said, as he grabbed my arm. “You need me.” He tightened his grip, and I winced. Just then Garrett moved forward, pulled me away from Brandon, and punched him in the face before I knew what was happening. Brandon was on the floor, holding his nose, saying “Oh you’ll be sorry for that!” and he got up, swinging at Garrett as he did. Garrett ducked, and I screamed, “Leave him alone!” But it was too late. Garrett punched him in the stomach, but not before Brandon punched him in the eye. Brandon fell over, clutching his stomach, and I rushed over to Garrett, who was holding his eye. “Oh my God,” I said. “Let me see. Brandon what the hell! Why would you come here?” I said, still facing Garrett, trying to feel his eye. Just then I heard another voice, “Leah! What the hell is this!” I turned around. It was my dad. “Brandon,” he said. “Son, what are you doing here? Did he do that to you?” I looked at Garrett, horrified. My dad spoke again. “Why aren’t you in school? You ditched with him, didn’t you?” He said, as he pointed at Garrett. “And he hurt Brandon!” I spoke up quickly. “No, Dad! Brandon came over out of nowhere and he started pushing me around and Garrett hit him to protect me! Brandon’s drunk!” I said. But my Dad didn’t hear, he was helping Brandon up, and he walked inside our house. He turned around, with Brandon’s arm on his shoulder and said, “Get inside, Leah, now! You’re grounded! And you’re not allowed to see that boy again!” I yelled back “No!” but he was already inside. I turned to Garrett, who was still clutching his eye. “Garrett,” I said. “Tonight-” but he stopped me. “Yeah, Leah.” he said. “I’ll come tonight. Just don’t make your Dad any more mad.” He grabbed my waist and kissed me on the cheek, and he pulled away right before my dad stuck his head out of the front door, yelling, “Now, Leah!” I walked to my house, holding back tears and knowing that this was not good.