Status: Coming Soon <3

Turn the Clock

C h a p t e r 4 ;

John

“So how about I get you out of this house, a bit of fresh air will do you good” I suggested, turning to look at Annie.

A soft smile formed on her face as she nodded gently.

“That would be great, John”

☮☮☮☮


Annie and I were walking in silence as we headed down the street, every so often our hands would brush against each others sending a spark through my body. Soon enough we came to a quiet park, where we settled ourselves on a bench underneath the shade of two trees. Still in silence.

“John, why’d you come back?” her soft voice filtered over the silence.

I chewed on my lip, before tilting my head back gazing at the blue sky, watching the birds fly from tree to tree.

“I came back because this year has been somewhat painful knowing I left without a word, on such bad terms. I had attempted to talk myself of ever coming back, hoping it was best for the both of us. But I’m glad I came to your house today, even if it was to see your parents and apologise for what I had done to their family. I wish you had told me about the cancer, Annie. I would have come back, I would have done everything I possibly could to help you…” I sighed, turning my head to look at her, she was fiddling with her fingers like she always did, I moved my hand from my lap and placed it on top of hers.

“What could you have honestly done, John? I didn’t call you because I didn’t want you to see how bad I looked. I don’t look any better from then, I look as though I’m on my way out. Do you really think I would want you to watch me slowly d-die” she said in a murmur, struggling to get the last word out knowing it made me feel ill at the thought of her dying.

At this point, I turned in my seat. I guided her chin so that she was facing me, her eyes no longer holding the spark that was once there.

“Annie! You’re sick, I wouldn’t have cared how bad you looked because no matter what you’re always beautiful in my eyes and don’t ever say that you’re going to die again. Ever. Promise me?” I whispered loudly, looking into her light green eyes stroking the side of her cheek with my thumb even when a few tears were shed.

For the second time today I pulled her into my chest, holding her as tightly as I could without hurting her. I kissed the top of her head, whispering sweet things to her.

“John?”

“Hmm, yeah?” I replied, letting her out of my grasp.

“I wrote a list”

I nodded for her to continue.

“I wrote a list of all the things I would like to do, just in case things don’t go to plan” she continued. “Will you help me?” she added, pushing a stand of hair behind her ear.

“Of course” I smiled, “You can show me the list when we get back” I added.
♠ ♠ ♠
[i/]I know this is short but I had no idea what to write! So I hope this is okay, and I will try and make the next chapter better. This is more of a filler than anything to be honest.
Thanks for commenting;

xoxo_aj_xoxo; hachie; candycanepirate && ASinerAndARocker

I really appreciate it guys! Means a lot. I hope you all had an amazing christmas, and looking forward to the new year! :'D