Sequel: I'm With The Band
Status: Sequel up and running

Famous Most Wanted

Chapter Sixteen

The next morning, They did their weekly shop, this time going to the Co-op instead. It was a little bigger than the corner store they had been using and they were grateful for the wider stock and better brand names.

'It'll be nice to use Heinz again rather than just that basic ketchup,' Taylor mentioned.

'Nothing really compares, taste wise.'
Johnny didn't answer. He was busy glancing around the shop. He looked nervous again. This was different. They were in a bigger shop with more people and Johnny was at higher risk.

'No one will see you,' she reassured him. 'People know what they're looking for and it's not you, okay?' Johnny nodded and watched the floor. All the while he held onto the side of the trolley, as he he'd get swept away if he didn't. Taylor hated it when he was scared.

'Hey, Johnny,' she said quietly so no one over heard his name. He looked up at her. She smiled. 'You've been pretty well behaved these last few days, why don't you pick something? I'm feeling generous.' She nodded to the alcohol aisle. He frowned and looked back at Taylor.

'Really?' he asked, confusion all over his face. Taylor nodded.

'You haven't had a drink in over a month. You must be dying for one. Just as long as you're sensible with it, you can have a bottle.'
Johnny smiled.

'Well, then it's no contest. I Choose Jack to be my partner every time.' Johnny let go of the trolley and walked down the aisle to the Whiskey section. He claimed a bottle of Jack Daniels and replaced his hand on the trolley. He held the bottle to him, not wanting to put it down for a second. Taylor let him. It came as a form of comfort to him so she allowed it. The way a mother would allow her child to cling to that blanket they were supposed to be too old for.

Allowing Johnny something he clearly missed so much put him in a slightly better frame of mind, though Taylor knew he wouldn't be happy until they were shut away safe in their mountain side cottage. He had grown accustomed to this way of life and only now did Taylor consider how Johnny would react when it was time to leave. Would he just go back to arrogant, reckless rock star, or would he become a frightened, vulnerable wreck, scared to leave the house?
She was pretty sure he was stronger than that.

They continued their shop, not needing hair dye this time. No one so much as glanced at the ordinary pair. Johnny kind of secretly liked it. In the real world, never would he get away with going to the Co-op. He barely made it to his car most days. But here he was, shopping like a normal person, amongst normal people, who paid him no attention.

Sure, he missed the attention and the old rock and roll lifestyle, but he couldn't deny he was slightly enjoying being a nobody with Taylor. Despite the situation, things seemed to be going okay.

That was until they passed the magazine rack.
Johnny only intended for a quick glance, wondering if he were on any covers. He wasn't. Grace was instead. His eyes scanned over the bold headline on the copy of Eden Edition, as his mouth fell open. He stopped walking and Taylor frowned back at him.

'No,' he gasped, backing away. 'No, no, no, fucking no!' His back hit the DVD rack behind him.

'Johnny?' Taylor wondered, following his eyes to the magazine. She spotted Grace on Eden Edition and the headline that changed everything. It was a quote.

“Come home, Johnny. The baby's yours.”


Taylor's eyes snapped back to Johnny, her own mouth hanging open. He wasn't looking at her. He was staring at Grace, shaking his head and muttering fuck over and over. Taylor abandoned the shopping trolley and went to Johnny. She trapped his face in her hands and made him look at her.

'Johnny?' she tried. 'Calm down, please.' He shook her off.

'This can't happen!' he said loudly. A few passers-by looked. Taylor swallowed the growing mountain in her throat. He was going to make scene. 'This can't be happening! This can't! I'm don't want Kids!' His eyes snapped to Taylor's desperately. 'What do I do?' he yelled. 'What the fuck do I do?' Taylor grabbed him and hurried him away from the small crowd of on lookers as they watched and whispered. Had they guessed? Could they recognise his voice? Had he now been discovered?

'I'm getting you outta here,' Taylor said firmly, tugging him quickly through the Co-op.

'But the food,' Johnny muttered in a daze.

'Forget the food.'

'The drink!' he said desperately. Taylor stopped and looked down. Johnny was still clutching the bottle of Jack Daniels tightly to himself, one hand twisting around the neck as if trying to open it. Taylor tried to pull the bottle from his grip but he wouldn't let go.

'Johnny, let go!' Taylor hissed. 'We need to get outta here, now!' Still he wouldn't let go. Taylor groaned and dragged him to the till. He let the bottle go long enough for it to be scanned and then Taylor hurriedly rooted through her pockets. Johnny was holding the bottle to his chest again, staring into another world.

'Would you like a bag?' asked the cashier, eyeing Johnny curiously.

'No thank you,' Taylor said, catching Johnny's arm and marching him out the shop. It was when they were in the car park, almost to the car, when Johnny spoke up.

'It's over,' he said in a meek voice. Taylor looked back at him. She was having to drag him now.

'Lift your feet Johnny, you're not a child,' Taylor muttered.

'No, but I'm going to have one.' Taylor sighed and stopped. She turned to face him and he looked scared. She thought he was before but she saw now that this was a true fear. Johnny Carolina was terrified.

'I have to go back,' he said weakly, like he knew he should say it but he didn't really mean it. Taylor merely shook her head in response.

'You're not going back.' Johnny's shoulders relaxed a little. He shook his head.

'I don't want children, Texas.' There it was a again. Texas. He must be talking seriously, Taylor noted. 'I can barely look after myself.' He lowered his eyes. 'I can't be a dad. I'd be no good. Fuck, I'm turning into my dad. Like useless father like useless son.' He seemed really troubled by this. 'And with Grace too,' He groaned, shutting his eyes with dread. 'Fuck, I hate Grace.' Taylor sighed.

She wasn't sure what she could say that would make him feel better. He shook his head again. 'It's not mine,' he said with an air of determination. 'I'm not that stupid. I wear condoms. I don't want kids. I may be reckless but I ain't fucking daft. That ain't mine.' But he looked doubtful in his own words. How could anybody know for sure?

'But what does it matter now?' He questioned, pulling off his beanie and shaking his thick head of hair loose. 'They seen me now. It's all over.' Taylor stepped forward and placed her hands on Johnny's shoulders.

'It's not over. You were shouting and swearing, that's why people looked. It wasn't cause they recognised you. No one there said “That's Johnny Carolina”. You'll be fine, Johnny.' His eyes scanned the ground for the answer he couldn't vocalise. He gulped and blinked a few times. He shook his head in defeat as his eyes met Taylor's again.

'I can't do this . . I'm not strong enough,' He whispered, hoping she wouldn't hear. But she did. Taylor said nothing as she engulfed Johnny in a strong hug.

'You're so much stronger than anyone can realise,' she told him. 'You can overcome this, I know you can. Please try.' Johnny heaved a massive sigh and his arms tightened around Taylor's petite frame, dominating the embrace.

'I can't do this on my own,' he admitted in a mutter.

'Then it's a good job I'm not leaving you,' she returned. 'Now let's get the hell outta here.'

***

Three jaws dropped that afternoon as Kool-Kevin held up a magazine for his band to see.

'This a joke?' Tommy asked.

'Wish it was,' sighed Kevin, turning the copy of Eden Edition so he could look at Grace's, only slightly, troubled expression.

'Johnny isn't that stupid,' insisted Zach.

'Isn't he?' tested Kevin, looking up at Zach.

'But he'd be a shit dad,' added Zach. Curtis frowned at the guitarist.

'That's not nice.'

'But it's true. He doesn't like kids so he'd be shit at it.'

'Maybe that's why he ran away?' mused Tommy.

'Nah,' Dismissed Curtis. 'Grace just found out. If she knew about this little gem she would have sold her soul to Eden Edition long ago.'

'She's destroying him,' moaned Zach into his hands. 'She's taking every ounce of credibility he has and smashing it. She's creating a new public image for him. One that suits her and one he certainly wouldn't like.'

'She must be stopped,' worried Curtis. He looked up at Kool-Kevin. 'We can't let her do this to Johnny, Kev. What are we going to do?' Everyone looked to Kevin and he inhaled sharply and stood straighter.

'I'm going to make a meeting with Music Box. She ain't the only one who can sell her soul to the tabloids. Music Box is the UK's best selling music magazine. They love you guys there and they'll listen to us. They'll believe us and all your fans, everyone who reads the magazine, will believe us too. Johnny may be gone but his image will always remain with the band. It's our responsibility to protect that image until he gets back.' Kevin looked at the three men. 'It's time to fight back, boys.'

***

Music box magazine
Article by Suzy Sniper. 12/05/11

“It's all a load of bollocks!”
EXCLUSIVE: State-Side reveal the truth about
Johnny Carolina and his relationship with Grace Chapman.


For over a month now we have all been
wondering what happened to Sate-Side
front-man, Johnny Carolina. Rumours
have been crazy and the internet forums
are chock-a with suggestions, messages
and even the odd RIP. Despite this, we still
have no clue as to where Johnny is. After
the band answer 'no comment' to every
question asked and claim to have no clue
of Johnny's whereabouts, we at Music Box
were most surprised to get a call from
manager Kool-Kevin who said 'the world
needs to know the truth.' This is the bands
first interview since they revealed that the
singer was missing and as they enter the
interview room, they all look out for blood.

So where do we begin?

“We'd like to start by stating now that we
don't know where Johnny is.” says manager,
Kool-Kevin. “We also have no idea of his
well-being. What we would like to discuss,
however is his fraud 'girlfriend' Grace
Chapman.”

Fraud girlfriend?

“She told the truth when she said Johnny and
her argued right before he disappeared, but
that's where the truth ends.” adds guitarist,
Zach Montana. “Johnny broke up with Grace
the morning of our final UK gig and they did
not get back together. From what Johnny told
us personally, he never really liked Grace that
much.”

So how do you feel about Grace's interviews
with Eden Edition?


“We're outraged and insulted by her blatant lies.
This is a man we know and love dearly and we
wont stand for this any longer,” says bassist,
Curtis York. “We know her type and she's trying
to play the public against us while manipulating
Johnny's image into the man she wanted him to
be, rather than the man he is.”

What was she doing to his image?

“She tried to make out she had the perfect
relationship with the perfect guy.” answers
Montana. “We can tell you now that Johnny is
anything but perfect and his relationships are
even worse.”

“The twat can't hold don't a relationship to save
his life,” laughs drummer, Tommy Nevada.

“Exactly,” agrees Montana. “I don't know where
she's getting this from. She's delusional. Johnny
is pretty much a typical rock star at it's best. He
drinks he smokes, he has moments with drugs,
he party's, he beds anything with a pulse. He's
just not a relationship kinda guy.”

So how do you feel about Grace claiming her
and Johnny are in love?


“It's all a load of bollocks!” pipes in Kool-Kevin.
“He don't love her. Of course he don't love her.
He's too in love with himself.” They all laugh. “But
in all seriousness, Grace has painted herself to
be the poor, helpless, grieving girlfriend, when in
truth, she's just trying to think of another story to
sell to Eden Edition.”

“She will sell them every little bit of him she has.”
agrees York with a nod. “But because she has so
little of him, she has to make it up. I don't doubt
she's hoping he doesn't come back so she can
live her fake life forever.”

Do her lies upset you at all?

“They anger and upset us,” says Nevada. “We
know Johnny. We know who he really is and the
guy she's talking about isn't our Johnny, or the
world's Johnny at that. It's insulting. How dare
she recreate him to suit her own standards.”

And what of the new baby claims? Are they
fake too?


“Who knows about those,” shrugs Kool-Kevin.
“Johnny is a bugger for sleeping around, but we
know how he feels about having children so we
don't think he'd be that idiotic, especially if it
means tying myself to that bint for the rest of his
life.”

“Part of us don't want to believe it,” says Montana.
“But we're in no position right now to claim the
baby isn't his, if there's a baby at all. But I guess
we'll find out if there is in a few months.”

And what of the image Grace is creating
for you, Zach?


“I don't give a fuck if the camera's snap
pictures of us arguing. That day I told
her how it was. Told her what I thought
of her and her faux-concern and money
grabbing ways. But hey, the truth hurts, right?”

Where would you all guess Johnny to be
right now?


They all look at each other, unsure. “We don't
know,” confirms Kool-Kevin for the band,
stepping in like a true manager. “We just
hope he's safe and happy and wish this
nightmare will just end already.”

How do you think Johnny would feel about
everything that's been said?


“Reckon he'd be pretty pissed about it all. He
hates people lying about him in the tabloids.
I just hope to fucking god where ever he is, he
hasn't seen Grace's baby claims. He'll go
fucking spare.”

Will Grace retaliate?

“I expect so,” smiles Montana. “But we're
ready for battle.”

All we can do now is watch the raging war
between famous band and media whore and
pick a side. I know who I'm rooting for to win.
Do you?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey lovelies, so I'm in a great mood. Know why? My story got a wonderful review in Mibba magazine.

I'll link it here in case you wanna see - http://mibbamagazine.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/a-wanted-review/

I've never had one and it just makes me feel so good and inspired. Thank you to everyone who reads this. I appreciate every single one of you. MAWH!