Sequel: Letting go

Imcomplete

He might not like me but his little brother sure does

I knew I was going to get it once we got home. “What the hell was that?” He blocked the way into the door, letting James and Cassey in. “What are you talking about?” I played dumb since that was expected off me. “That shit you pulled back there.” He held his hand up silencing me. “Don’t try to feed me some crap; that he kissed you so you had to go along with it.”

I threw the door open. ”What do you want me to tell you? That I kissed him and liked it.” I stared at him. His face was turning red; I knew how to push him. “That I wish he would have taken me right there in front of everyone?” His hand connected with my face, I turned to look at him shocked. He had never laid a hand on me. ”What is Sarah teaching you? To be a fucking slut, I knew I should have never let you live with her.”

Jabbing a finger at his chest, “She’s been more of a parent then you will ever be. You have other kids you do know that Michael?” I grabbed my coat from the chair. “Camille, sweetie,” Tears forming in her eyes. I hated my father all Sarah had done was love my father with all her heart. It wasn’t her fault that their marriage hadn’t last. That Michael had been cheating on Sarah with the whore of my mother. It sure wasn’t her fault that he had hidden James from her and dumped him on her also. “I’m sorry mom.” Running out the door and down the street, what else could I tell her? I’m sorry that I ruined your marriage? That I made your life a living hell?” I slowed down my heart pounding in my chest. I didn’t bother to look back Michael wasn’t going to chase after me.

The loud music of the boardwalk calling to me, it was more crowded right now at night. I hadn’t bothered to grab any money or a cellphone. I watched as a guy tried to win a stuff animal for his girlfriend. After about twenty tries he came back emptied handed. The girl didn’t seem to mind and pecked his cheek, as she took the last ball and hitting the target. She came back with the stuffed bear and handed it to her boyfriend. After a few minutes I went off where the booths ended and I could stand and watch the ocean.

I felt the presence of somebody standing next to me. “Why are you standing here all by yourself?” I looked over and my breath caught in my throat. “Uh…I needed to get away.” Ian rested his arms on the rail looking out at the ocean. ”Beautiful…” I turned to face him. ”What?” He turned to look at me. “This sight.” “Look I want to apologize for today…I hope you know that ….ugh the kiss strictly professional. I wasn’t trying to take advantage of you or anything. My face fell, thankfully for the dark he wasn’t able to see my face. “Oh…yeah…no problem.”

“Ian! Let’s go the ride is about to start.” “I guess you better go…” Whoever it was that was calling him must have gotten impatient because they showed up. “What are you guys doing back away from everyone, are you guys making out again?” I blushed as Ian jabbed his elbow in the boy’s stomach. “Ow! Geez, what did you say about her that she was sex…” He covered his mouth. “Please, excuse my brother; mom doesn’t let him about of the house so much. So he doesn’t know how to act around people. Sebastian this is Camille.” We shook hands. “Nice to meet you.” He brought my hand up to his mouth and kissed it. “Pleasure is all mine, model..nice.” Ian pulled him back. “All right lets control those raging hormones now.

I couldn’t help but smile. “So I guess we better…” Sebastian interrupted him. “Ask her to hang out with us. He sighed, “I sure she has better… He took my hand. “Hey babe want to hang with us? I burst out giggling, “Ok just on one condition. Don’t mention that I’m a model.

Many times throughout the night I had suggested to Ian that I could leave. Time over time he said it was ok. At one point Sebastian had asked Ian to give him money. “For what?” He handed him a twenty bill. “I want to win something. He started throwing the ball trying to know the bottles off the table. “Let me try, you’re going to make me go broke.” He knocked the bottles down after the second time. “What are you getting Sebastian?” He pointed to the giraffe and walked over. “Camille, even though I didn’t win, I try that should count for something.” I smiled, “Yes, it does.”

I sat down at a table as Sebastian went on a ride. “I hope my brother isn’t bothering you.” He handed me a diet coke. “Thanks, no he’s so cute. He slid a hamburger towards me. “You know he likes you. A lot. I don’t blame him.” He whispered the last part. I took a sip of my coke and reached for the ketchup the same time he did. “Sorry,” we said at the say time, he reach for my wrist and traced a fading scar on my wrist. Just as I was about to pull away his lips brushed it gently. I brought his face down and kissed him, he place his hands on my lower back bringing me closer to him. I slid one of my hands under his shirt wanting to feel what I felt just this morning. “Am I interrupting something?” Ian moved away so fast from me. “I forgot the fries.” I had to catch my breath. What had gotten into me? Sebastian chewed on his burger. “I shouldn’t leave you guys alone anymore. Should I?”

After two more hours, it was time to go home. Ian stopped the car in front of my house. Thankfully, my father’s car was gone probably decided to stay at a hotel. “Thanks for inviting me to hang out with you guys.” I opened the door and took the stuffed giraffe. “Thanks, Sebastian.” I gave him a kiss on his cheek and ruffled his brown hair. Ian got out of the car. “Uh..let me walk you to your door.” I waited just in case he wanted to kiss me. What was I thinking? He told me that the kiss was strictly professional. I push a blonde strand of hair from my face. He had his hands in his pockets. “Thanks again.” I smiled, he started to lean in and to my utter surprise he, shook my hand. ”Yeah, see you on Monday.” Leaving standing there in utter shock, he treated this like we had just had sex and paid for it. I guess I should have known this; opening myself up in hopes someone would show me that they didn’t like the model me but, me.