Status: Hiatus: Not sure where to go from here...

Some Days

CHAPTER FOUR

Mia made a face as she entered the house. It was overly crowded and the smell of alcohol hung off of everything and everyone in the room.The music blared and she cringed as she passed the stereo system. Mia sighed in relief as she saw Ben standing in the kitchen, his arm hanging around some girl he had probably only just met, and made her way through the crowd to him.

"Ben!"

She had to yell to be heard over everything. He simply waved and went back to his previous conversation. Mia crossed her arms in irritation.

"Ben!" she yelled again.

He then fully turned around, rolling his eyes. He was drunk, she could tell.

"Where's Ethan?" I asked him.

"Try the backyard," he slurred.

Mia shook her head and walked through the house to the backyard. Ethan was the one who had invited her to this party. Shouldn't he be the one finding her? They were dating now, after all. She stepped onto the back porch and instantly saw the lanky and familiar frame she had been looking for.

"Ethan?" she called to him.

He turned around smiling at her, though his eyes weren't quite focused. Mia could tell instantly that he'd had too much to drink. He was probably even more drunk than Ben at this point.

"Mia!" he screamed, though it wasn't necessary since it wasn't nearly as loud outside the house as it was inside.

She put her finger to her lips and looked around, catching a few side glances of people's curious stares.

"You don't have to be so loud, Ethan," she laughed.

"Oh," came his simple reply.

Mia looked into his hazel, almost green, eyes and froze. He had that effect on her, even now in this drunk stupor. Leaning in, Ethan's lips just barely grazed Mia's, leaving a taste of alcohol and smoke in Mia's mouth.

"I love you," Ethan whispered into her ear, causing Mia to blush slightly.

Mia stared at him for a moment, thinking of what to say next. Should she say that she loved him back? Did she really love him? She wasn't sure. But it's not like he would remember anything that happened tonight. He was completely wasted by now.

"I love you too, Ethan," she whispered back, her voice hoarse.

Ethan smiled widely at her, kissing her fully on the lips now, his hands on her waist.

"Let's get out of here," he said, taking her hand and leading her to his car.

Mia didn't think. She hopped into the passenger seat and smiled at Ethan as he got into the driver seat. She didn't even think twice about letting him drive. He had driven drunk before. In fact, he was drunk more often than not while driving. This was how it had always been. She turned on the radio and turned the volume up as he began to drive.

"Where are we going?" Mia asked him after a few minutes.

"Wherever you wanna go," he said, flashing her his crooked smile once more.

She bit her lip, taking a deep breath.

"I don't know," she said to him. "I don't know where I want to go."

Ethan glanced at her.

"Well then neither do I."

A bright light suddenly filled the car and Mia screamed as the car swerved off the road.


Mia woke with a start, sitting straight up and gasping for air.

"Just a dream, just a dream," she whispered quietly to herself.

But it wasn't just a dream, and that was the problem. It was a memory disguised as a dream. A memory that had haunted Mia for years now. She looked down at the baggy t-shirt she had borrowed from John and frowned, wondering what time it was and if he was up yet. As if to answer her question, someone knocked on the door.

Mia stood quickly and shuffled over to the door, opening it to find John leaning against the doorframe. His hazel eyes met her blue ones and she quickly looked away, remembering her dream and the color of Ethan's eyes.

"Morning," John said happily, a crooked grin on his face.

"Hi," Mia said, cursing herself for being so awkward.

"Uh, I made breakfast," John said, looking at the ground for a moment, before looking back up to Mia. "And the guys are coming over in a little while, so I figured we could eat and then go get your car..."

Mia put her hand to her forehead. She had completely forgotten about her car that was still parked at the coffee shop.

"Yeah," she said. "Thanks. I'll, uh, just put some clothes on and I'll be right out."

John simply nodded his head in response, walking back down the hallway to the kitchen area. Mia sighed, closing the door and putting on the clothes she had been wearing the night before. She shook her head, still trying to get the dream out of her head.

* * * * *


Mia smiled happily to herself. She was now in a fresh set of clothes and any thought concerning her memory dream was nearly gone.

"John," she called, stepping out of the guest room she had slept in.

John's head appeared from around the corner.

"Yes, Mimi?"

She laughed.

"Mimi? Really?"

He simply nodded his head and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm going to make lunch, if that's alright with you."

He laughed at her.

"Anything that concerns food is alright with me," he said, still smiling widely.

She laughed along with him.

"Oh, and Mia?"

"Yes, John?"

"The guys should be here any minute now."

Mia simply nodded her head and walked further down the hall, closer to John.

"You guys hang out quite a bit," she said.

"Well yeah, I mean, we're in a band, so..." he trailed off.

"A band?"

John nodded his head excitedly. Mia could tell it was something he liked to talk about.

"Well," Mia began. "Come into the kitchen while I cook and tell me about it."

* * * * *


Mia couldn't help but smile as she watched their band practice. They were good. No, they were better than good. They were brilliant. For some reason, though, Mia's eyes kept wandering back to John. He was absolutely captivating when he sang. His voice made her head become fuzzy and bubbly, though in a good way. Tim, the older of the two Kirch brothers, sat next to her on the couch, glancing over to watch her facial expressions every now and then.

"So did you like it?" John asked once they finished, draping an arm around her shoulder as the rest of the band walked out of the room, someone yelling about being hungry.

Mia nodded her head, smiling up at him.

"You guys were great."

She meant to say more, but found herself suddenly caught up in John's eyes. They were captivating and she found there was no escape from them. It was as if they stared straight into her soul. John's eyes flickered down to her lips before he began to lean in. And Mia didn't pull away. In fact, she found herself beginning to lean in. Their lips had almost touched when Pat came jumping into the room. Everyone else had made their way to the front door.

"Hey guys, we're gonna go.... Oh...." he trailed off, seeing how close John and Mia were standing.

Mia jumped back, blushing wildly. She couldn't believe that she and John had almost kissed. She was suddenly glad that Pat had interrupted them.

"What Pat?" John sighed.

"I was just letting you guys know that we're going to go get some pizza. If you want to come..."

John nodded his head and looked to Mia.

"You coming?"

She simply nodded her head and followed Pat and John out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed! I'm just a little disappointed with the lack of comments though... I would be so much more motivated if I had less silent readers!!! I like to hear what you have to say!

Thanks to those who commented on the last chapter:
Laobows!
forevernalways

Mia's outfit

Check out my Garrett story! You would be absolutely amazing if you did!!!

Write well, Mibbians!
-Marie