Status: Active

Shake The Trees See What Falls Out Of Them

Two

My eyes wandered back to the beautiful boy playing guitar. He was talking to a strawberry blonde boy who was asking him a question about octaves and harmonics and what-not. I would ask him too, but I barely know him. It would be nice to just sit and talk to him, for a long time. Just talk about music and life and everything. I would really enjoy that.

I looked at the clock just as the bell wrung to go to lunch. My friend Joe looked at me and smiled, "Ah, Lydia. You're just gorgeous."

"Well, thanks Joe. You're pretty cute yourself." I said while punching him playfully in the shoulder.

My other friend Masy came up and took my hand, "She is gorgeous and she should always remember that."

Joe had dyed black hair that suited him well with his "fuck the world" attitude. He had bright blue eyes and he was short for his age. About five feet and four inches. He was adorable and lovely. He was a funny kid. He was the one who brought the guitar in that the boy was playing.

Masy had blonde, thin hair that made her brown eyes pop. She was petite and beautiful. She knew how to make someone smile even when she was sad herself.

I smiled and thanked her while we all held hands walking to lunch. Yes, we're all fucking weirdos that hold hands with each other. Ok.

I saw my friend Rebecca and I wanted to go talk to her but she was already down the hall by the time I got to her. Maybe next time.

+

The rest of the day went by, almost silently. I must have been in a daze somehow. I left my tenth period class to go to gym. As I was walking down the stair, I saw him.

I've known his name, I just haven't admitted it to myself. Henry. Henry Gregory Allison. His last name was feminine, but he was still one beautiful man.

He walked up the stairs silently, paying attention to no one. He only payed attention to the route he was taking. Focused. He was focused.

I wasn't paying attention and I tripped down the last stair. Luckily only my friend Kelsey saw. She was supposedly my "lesbian lover." Ah, I loved her. She was so funny. She had brown hair to her shoulders and was skinny but muscular. She was on the swim team and had bright hazel eyes. She was beautiful. Literally beautiful.

"You ok there Lydia? You just tripped over that last step. I mean, I know you're klutzy but that was no ordinary trip," she asked chuckling.

"Yeah. I'm fine," I said probably blushing.

What do you know? I was.

"Awe, someone's blushing," she said while smiling and looking up the stairwell at Henry.

"No," I said blushing even more while looking at my feet.

"Yes! Was it that boy up there?" she asked excitedly.

"Shh!" I whisper yelled while putting my hand on her shoulder.

Kelsey didn't know who he was. Boy, she was missing out. Henry is two years older than both of us. He would never go for a girl like me. I'm just so... Lydia. The only one who supposedly loved me was my ex-boyfriend. To make a long story short, he cheated on me and we broke up. Part of me has moved on, and part of me is still madly in love with him.

"So, who is he?" she asked me interrupting my thoughts as we walked through the crowded academic hall.

"No one..." I said trailing off.

"Oh, puh-lease. I know you Lydia. He must be someone."

"He's just a boy in my art class. I think he's pretty attractive. That's it."

"Mhhm," she said with a skeptical grin, "sure. Whatever you say."

"It is," I said. I turned to stop at my locker and she went to her class smiling.

I smiled too. Fuck hormones and emotions. They make you fall for people that don't give a damn about you. He probably doesn't even know I exist. He probably just thinks that I'm some creep that stares at people while they play guitar. Oh, God. What if he does think that?

Oh well. I'm done caring about what other people think of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter.
I seriously have to thank wherenocarsgo for helping me with the names in here. She was also mentioned in here! I love her! :D
What do you guys think?