Status: Active

Shake The Trees See What Falls Out Of Them

Four

Under the trees that dripped with the December rain I smiled. Then part of me thought, What the hell? Why is it raining? It should be snowing, it's December. The rain was still pretty. Although snow would be even prettier.

As I walked through a small street to get to my house I walked in sync with the beating of my heart. It felt nice, and quite odd at the same time. I could hear everything: the rain falling on the pavement, my breath, my heartbeat, everything. It was amazing.

I wonder if I'm high. Does everyone feel like this sometimes? It would be cool if they did. Maybe I'm just so out of it that everything seems so psychedelic. I liked it though.

I saw my house coming into view. God, I fucking hated walking to and from school. Such living hell. It wasn't that bad when it was a nice temperature. Right now it's just downright cold. December in this northeastern state is cold. We had really hot summers too.

As my footsteps continued to glide over the pavement I thought about this day. Wow, I really have no life. The highlight of my day was hearing Henry play guitar. What the hell is wrong with me?

Probably nothing. I'm just odd.

Literally, that was the highlight of my day. He looked just so lovely sitting there playing. It was beautiful. It swept me away in the gorgeous sound. He was gorgeous. It would be nice to just listen to him play, constantly. If he could just follow me around and play where ever I went, that would be just perfect.

I opened the door of my house and felt the warmth hit me on the spot. It felt good. My mother was sitting on the couch watching some television program I could care less about.

"Hey Lydia," she greeted me cheerfully.

"Hey madre. What's up?"

"Oh nothing. How was school?"

"Eh, school," I replied with my usual dull tone.

"You say that everyday," she replied with a slight smile.

"Indeed I do," I replied.

I went out into our kitchen and got a drink of water. I liked water. Most people always drink juice or soda, I drink water. Almost too much. I go to the bathroom about every hour. It gets annoying, but I just love water.

I walked upstairs to my bedroom and laid down on my bed. The smell of freshly washed sheets will be forever engraved in my mind as "home."

Scents are just an odd thing. They can bring back so many memories. The scent of old clothes and soap bring back the scent of my ex-boyfriend. The smell of woods reminds me of a summer camp I went to when I was a little girl. The scent of wood chips will bring back the memory of a guinea pig I used to own. The smell of crayons and art supplies will remind me of my high school art room.

I hope that there would be more scents for me to create new memories with.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is short. It was quite painful to write.
I hope it's not too painful to read.