Sequel: Hallelujah

Lost Cause

One Last Kiss

I remember when you were falling
And I was there just holding onto you
And I'll remember all those
Scars I swear that you carved in me...


Damn lyrics need to stop imprinting themselves on my brain... and playing at the most inopportune times.

I've been staring into Brian's eyes for nine...make that ten... eleven seconds now. He blinks. I win. I tell him so. He laughs and lets go of my chin, which he had a loose grip on to begin with. I just hadn't the urge to move in the first place.

I still don't move. He stops laughing and resumes staring, though a small smirk is now written on his lips. The lips that are only a few inches from my own waiting ones.

Again, two choices:

1.) Stay here and see if he kisses me.

2.) KISS HIM.

I think hard for about a second and a half. Eenie...Meenie...Minie...Mo- ... Second choice. With that, I lean forward and peck him on the mouth, pull back almost immediately, and wait to see what happens. Exactly what I wanted to.

He kissed me. Actually, fully, kissed me. His tongue slides gently across my bottom lip before he pulls away abruptly. What happened?

"I can't do this." Is all he says. I'm confused, to say the least. I finally make up my mind, and it's him that can't fathom it.

"Why not?" I ask softly.

"Because I told Matt I wouldn't.." My eyes almost popped out of my head.

"What? Why? Why the hell does he care? He can be happy but I can't?" He didn't say anything, just shrugged. I sigh heavily and get up, saying,

"Maybe I should go back to New York..." Brian says nothing to stop me. He just sighed in a miserable way and went back to watching Jackass. I walked forlornly back up to my current room, pack, and call a cab.

So much for a vacation.. I thought while telling the cabbie where to take me.

So much for Brian...