Sequel: Hallelujah

Lost Cause

A River in Egypt

I woke up with the sun shining in my still-tired eyes. I rubbed them in an effort to get the sleep out and sat up.

No, I must've been dreaming that...

That little, obnoxious voice in the back of my head snorted. Yeah, sure. Denial is a river in Egypt. You like him. You still love Matt. Either make up your mind or run back to the airport. You seem to be a pro at doing that recently.

"Shut the fuck up!" I hissed at the voice. Why must it be right? Why is it always right? I got up with an exasperated sigh and looked around Brian's guest room for my humongous suitcase. Ah-ha! It was in the corner. I unzipped it and found a clean outfit among the mounds of shoes. Ohhh, boots!!I grabbed a pair of my favourite high-heeled boots. Expensive they were, and they made me taller, almost as tall Brian.

Almost.

But not quite.

Dressed in a new and unwrinkled outfit, I re-did my makeup after washing my face before walking downstairs. I needed some strong fucking coffee before I fell down these stairs and broke my face. And I was close.

The house was quiet except for my heels echoing on the hardwood floors, on all the steps down, and into the hallway leading to the large but simple kitchen. I yawned and walked to the Coffee Cabinet, to retrieve the coffee grounds and a filter for the European coffee maker, Monsieur Cafe, was printed on the front of it. I poured half a coffee pot worth of water into the machine and pressed the 'on' button, getting a mug out of the cabinet and staring fixedly at the steaming brown liquid percolating in the clear tempered glass pot.

When it finished I poured it into my mug and drank it as fast as I dared.

Ah, sweet caffeine-filled salvation..

Twenty minutes later, a haggard-looking Brian appeared. I was hunched over his kitchen table by this point, still spent despite the coffee.

"I'm gonna go out soon, can I take your car?" He shrugged and poured himself some coffee.

"You can take the Camaro, but I'm going to practice with the guys, so I need the Escalade."

"M'kay," I said, putting my head back on the table with a hollow-sounding thunk. Brian walked over and rubbed my back as he had last night. It brought goosebumps to my skin and I suppressed a shiver, making an effort to be my usual idiot self and snuggling into the coffee table. Brian laughed.

"You're such a dork." He started. I lifted my head up, a thought striking me suddenly.

"But ya still love me, dontcha?" He smiled and agreed, drinking more of his coffee. God, he has such a great smile... What the hell? Okay voice, you win, I like him! My head cheered. I swear, a whoop echoed in my skull.

I got up from the table without a sound and stumbled out the door. Must... hair salon...
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow this sucked....
sorry bout that...
next chapter will be better, I promise!!