Status: ~~~completed~~~

I Can't Imagine Being Anywhere Else But Here

they say that love is forever, your forever is all that i need

Alex sighed and stared blankly at the top of his bunk, his music blaring so loud ever He even had earbuds in. You could tell when Alex was in a bad mood, sad mood..or a thinking about Jack mood by his music. It's a night about thinking of Jack music. "They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need. Please stay as long as you need. Can't promise that things won't be broken, but I swear that I will never leave. Please stay forever with me." his music played, Jack could clearly hear it. Yeah, he knew about the moods but didn't know this mood was about him. He just figured it was about Lisa..even if he was completely wrong. Jack, on the other hand, was listening to Christmas music.

It was that time of year again, Christmas time, that is. The season when Jack watches nothing but Home Alone on repeat, daily. Where he only listens to Christmas music (like he is now) and is always happy. Jack didn't need a boyfriend or girlfriend to spend it with, he had his band mates. To him, that was enough. Alex, on the other hand, wanted someone to watch movies with. Walk around downtown Baltimore holding hands and looking at all the Christmas lights, sipping hot chocolate. Preferably, with Jack. But Jack was just his best friend, right?

No, not really. The two secretly felt the same about each other. Jack was just as torn up about it as Alex, he just hides it better. Alex tweeted "anyone wanna come watch Home Alone with me? I promise I'll be the big spoon". All the tweets make his band mates and crew roll their eyes because Jack can be so oblivious. Jack was scrolling through his new tweets and saw Alex's and chuckled, whilst coming up with something to tweet back. "defff. but we know that I'm always the big spoon." Alex's phone blooped and saw it was new mentions..probably from fans that would watch Home Alone and cuddle with him in a heartbeat. Yeah, it was what he expected, but also Jack replied. It made him groan out loud, louder than he expected. It was more like a scream cause the whole bus heard the low pitched, but still loud, "Fuck!" Rian just rolled his eyes because Alex was probably just jerking off. But Jack, he knew Alex better than that. He knew something was wrong.

Alex's bunk shutter was closed, but soon enough Jack pushed it aside to reveal a ticked off Alex. Both boys had bunks on the floor, so it was easy to crawl in and out of each other's. "Alex, what's wrong?" Jack said with a sniffle, since he was sick. Again. Jack has such a weak immune system and gets sick every year during winter. Alex was like a deer caught in headlights because he honestly was not expecting Jack to just rip open the shutters like that. He put on his best fake smile, not even a smile.

"Nothing Jack, just tired. That's all." Alex says after turning his music off. Also taking note in how Jack's voice sounded so nasally. He looked at the older boy skeptically, Jack knew better.

"Alex, I know you better than that. What's bothering you?" The younger boy asked after he crawled into Alex's bunk, shutting the cover right away.

"A liar is a person who is lying, who has previously lied, or who tends by nature to lie repeatedly- even when not necessary." By definition, Alex fits it perfectly. Lying for him, is his second nature. After all, the song Jasey Rae says it all for him. "I've never told a lie and that makes me a liar"

"I'm nervous. I have plans for Christmas with a special person and I'm nervous that this person doesn't want to go to this place with me..." Alex said, almost giving himself away. But ho w would Jack know? Jack swore he could feel his heart drop into his stomach, but he tried not to let it show.

"I'm sure this mystery person would love to do anything with you, no need to worry..." Jack smiled weakly at Alex, and then played with the hem of his shirt.

"You really have no idea..." Alex said with a bittersweet laugh.

"Idea about what?" the younger boy asked with wide and curious eyes. Sometimes he can be a little stupid too.

"It's you, Jack. Always has been. The person I wanted to make special plans with? YOU!" Alex yelled at Jack, which he didn't mean to. Everyone in the lounge heard the yelling and stopped what they were doing and looked back to Alex's bunk.

"I think Alex just told Jack?" Rian says quietly, but also mouthing the words. He points back at the bunks with a confused look. The rest just nodded in agreement or tried not to laugh.

Jack sits there with a dumbfounded look on his face, not believing what Alex had just said. "That's cool too. Sit there and pretend that I just didn't spill my heart out to you. It's okay, not like I care, right?" Alex said, choking back a sob on the last part. It's funny how his mood change in an instant. He did love Jack with all his heart but he got it, Jack didn't love him back. Which is completely untrue but Alex stormed out of his bunk before Jack could form words to say back. How he loved Alex just as much. It was too late.

Alex went into the bathroom on the bus, and slid down the back of the door, crying. He hadn't cried since his brother died, which was years ago. The whole bus was silent, except Alex's loud crying. When he cried, it was bad. Pulling hair, scratching himself repeatedly...Alex couldn't stand the fact that Jack didn't come after him.

After Jack realized that Alex just spilled his heart out to him and was sobbing uncontrollably in the bathroom, he scrambled to his feet to go after the older boy. Alex stood up, feeling dizzy and stared at himself in the mirror, then to the floor. Hair was scattered everywhere, angry red lines marked up and down his wrists. Jack knocked on the door softly and Alex wiped at his eyes furiously to make it look like he hadn't been crying. Even if the bus could clearly hear him, they'd pretend like they didn't. The older boy wasn't expecting Jack to be there, but he was silently hoping it was.

He opened the door to meet Jack's eyes. Alex's eyes turned into slits and he glared at the boy, convinced their friendship was over because of his confession. Before Alex could even register it, Jack had a finger under his chin to tilt his head. Going with his gut feeling, Jack pressed his lips hard against Alex's. Taking it for granted, Alex automatically kissed back and put his hands on both sides of Jack's face. Soon enough, Alex pushed Jack against the wall across from the bathroom. Even though Alex didn't want to pull away, he had to.

"So does that mean you'll come with me?" Alex says with a slight smirk because he knows that Jack won't say no. The taller boy nods breathlessly, still out of breath from their kiss.

~~~~~~~

After leaving the O'Hare airport, the two boys stepped out of the taxi hand in hand only to be met with snow. Luckily, Alex had all the things to keep them warm in his messenger bag that was draped over his shoulder. "Wanna tell me where we are right now?" Jack asked, pulling Alex close into his side.

"Nope! You'll just find out for yourself when we get there!" And yeah, Jack would be ecstatic once they got to their destination. Alex fully knew where they were. Downtown Winnetka Illinois. If the two continued in the cab, it would've been obvious. But since the streets were filled with people, it'd be difficult for Jack to figure out where they were.

After half an hour of just aimlessly walking, the two boys came around a corner to be met with a street sign that said "Lincoln Ave". Jack, of course, wasn't paying any attention. All he cared about was the ache in his legs, the fact that it was fucking freezing outside and that he was walking around somewhere with Alex cuddled into his side.

"When we get back on the plane, wanna watch Home Alone Jack?" Alex questioned, but also hinting at where they were. Jack nodded with a grin on his face, then looked in front of him. His mouth dropped open at the house before his eyes.

671 Lincoln Avenue, Winnetka Illinois.

"Alex you've gotta be shitting me..is this like a big set up and then Metro Station is behind it?" Jack asked, skeptical but also still believing that he was actually here. At the Home Alone house.

"Definitely, Jack" Alex says with a roll of his eyes. His face fell but Alex quickly corrected his last statement. "Kidding, that is where Kevin McAllister lives..lived.." the older boy wasn't sure which to go with, so he went with the latter. Without thought, Jack quickly pressed his lips to Alex's once more, but with more passion than the kiss on the bus. Alex could feel Jack's tongue begging for entrance, and Alex gladly granted him access. After exploring each other's mouths for a few minutes, they both pulled apart.

"Merry Christmas..eve Jack." Alex smiled sheepishly up at Jack, biting his lip as well. "This is only part of your gift, though.." the older boy pulled out two concert tickets from his jacket pocket. "I may not have two tickets to Iron Maiden, baby, but I do have tickets to Four Year Strong. Come with me Friday don't say maybe?" Alex said, feeling accomplished because it took him forever to coordinate all of this.

Jack was so surprised at all of this..not expecting to be taken to the Home Alone house and Four Year Strong concert tickets. "Oh and there's one more..possible gift. Me. Would you like to be my boyfriend, Jack?" that's the one Alex was most worried about. He could be denied after everything he did for Jack..but that was just ridiculous. But how could Jack say no? Even if he didn't say it back the day Alex confessed, he returned the feelings. Jack did love Alex. And not just in the brotherly way.

All the younger boy did was nod before bringing Alex into the biggest hug he'd ever given him, also lifting him off of the snow covered ground. He quickly kissed him before setting him back down on the sidewalk. "Alex, the other day when you told me you loved me...I just didn't know how to say it back. Because yeah, I do love you as well. I just couldn't form words quick enough, and you ran away. If you had stayed, I surely would have said it back. Since I didn't say it then, but I'll say it now. Alexander William Gaskarth, I love you so fucking much." Jack said, looking straight into Alex's eyes without looking away. Alex felt his eyes glaze over before quickly blinking them away because, fuck, Jack just told Alex he loved him back. He grinned so wide before returning the words.

"I love you so much, Jack." Alex said, kissing his lips after each word before keeping his lips in the same place. Jack tasted like cough drops, but he wouldn't have it any other way. "But I think we're both freezing our balls off, we probably should go to the hotel I booked for us..." yeah, they'd be a little late coming home for Christmas, but at least Jack and Alex had each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
a lot should be in italic but idk how to do that but yeah here's what i've been promising everyone on tumblr..i apologize if it sucks ass. and the iron maiden thing i felt so accomplished ahah it's like the song teenage dirtbag..but not really.. yeah