You Look Familiar

Toes is Getting it (In)

I will never hear the end of this. Kaner will be bringing this up for years to come.
I walked into the locker room, coffees in hand and my duffel slung over my shoulder. Most of the guys were obviously hungover from celebrating last night’s victory. I, on the other hand, decided to stay in, knowing that this game was coming.
I handed Pat his coffee while he tried to nurse his pounding head. Setting my duffel and coffee down, I got to work putting on my pads.
“Okay, lads,” Coach called as he entered the room. “Listen up! The foundation is going to be holding a banquet next week. My daughter, Veronica, will be coming. I expect you all to be there. Break out your tuxes and try not to look like a bunch of bums. I’m talking to you, Lepisto.
“Now hurry up and get ready. I hope that your blood alcohol levels last night won’t affect your playing today.”
Coach slammed the door to his office, and we all resumed suiting up.
“So, Jon, did you have fun by yourself last night,” Kaner asked as he laced up his skates.
“Jon,” Seabs asked, walking over, already dressed. “What’s written on your coffee cup and why does it look like a girl’s phone number?”
This caught the attention of everyone in the locker room.
“Ooh, Toes is getting it with a coffee girl,” Hjalmarsson shouted.
“What’s her name, lover boy,” Pat teased while making kissy faces at me.
“Guys, calm down. It’s just a girl. Why don’t you all stop worrying about my love life and start focusing on the game? You’re going to have hell to pay if we don’t win.”