Status: Changed the story line a bit. New Preface.

Winter's Tears

Summer Sun

The shimmer of gold, the breath of summer against her exposed cheeks. The caress of her wintery locks against the nape of her neck. The taste of the sea, of salt against the curves of her lips. Not wanting to let her eye lids part - allowing her eyes to become drenched in the brilliant summer sun, she rose her hands intertwining them in her hair. Allowing her fingers to become knotted within the silky strands.

The brush of the softest of fabrics against her bare legs, each stroke a caress. The grains of sand beneath her bare toes, each grain heated by the sun that shone above her. She stretched out her right foot, curling her toes against the warmth the sand offered. She wanted to let the sand consume her, the warmth intoxicating as she felt it through the very fabric of her dress.

She hadn't felt so much sun in years. A breeze tumbled its way across the sand, causing a fine sheen of white sand to brush against her newly exposed legs, as the wind sent her gown spinning, the winds hand tugging at the fabric with surprising strength.

She felt the beginnings of a smile on the corners of her lips as she heard the familiar sound. The rustle of feathers against one another. The sound so familiar it called to a deeper part of her and stirred something just out of reach. Keeping her eyes closed, as she savoured the sound of those wings and letting the smile curls its way along her lips.

Rahmiel let his eye rest on her. He savoured every movement, the smile he knew would be curving its way along her lips. Closing his eyes for the briefest of moments he could see it, that smile was engrained in him, held a deeper part of him. Allowing his eyes to focus on her once more, his breathing hitched.

His gaze focused on the hand that slid up the elegant curve of her neck, her slender fingers spraying along the fine muscles. Before she let that same hand continue, running through those silky locks. He clenched his hands into fists at his side as he felt the echo of those same strands sliding through his own hands, his fingers slipping through the silky threads.

She reached up to the sky with that same hand, before he other hand bent at the elbow above her head and reached across the clasp her others forearm. Tilting her head back against the sun. He became entranced with the images within his mind and the one in front of him. He knew each angle of her jaw, the way her pulse would quicken as his lips brushed along the curve of her jaw, only to come to rest at that pulse that was a steady thrum under his lips.

He couldn't take it anymore. Closing the distance between them he shuddered under the touch of her back against his chest. The way he could feel her every curve, her hitching breath and the steady but fastening beat of her fragile heart. His hands resting on the curve of her hip she let his right hand slide up the entire length of her body.

Each touch awakening old memories, leaving echo's of touches past and creating something new. He let his head dip to brush his lips against the back of her neck, his right hand continuing the path hers had travelled moments ago. The feel of that elegant curve of her neck within his own hands caused a shudder to rock his body, and in return hers.

He breathed in her intoxicating scent. Life in its purist form, an innocence but also a knowledge. He knew to some her pale looks reminded some of winter, of snow and ice. To him she outshone the sun. She illuminated a light that was akin to the brilliant of stars.

His fingers slid through her hair, the silky strands slipping through his fingers. An echo of a memory filled his mind, her with her eyes laden and hazed with a desire so earthly and true it rocked him to his core. His hands fisting in her hair as he tugged her head back. His lips running down the soft arch of her throat, her own slender fingers running through his hair as she arched her fragile body up against his.

Forcing himself into the present he slid his hand higher, reaching up to clasp her hand in his. She pressed against him, her head tipping back against the touch of his firm but soft lips against her neck.

She had been in countless forms over the centuries, all female of course. That part of ones soul never changed. From a towering red head, with piecing sapphire blue eyes. To a stocky brunette, with moss laced eyes. And now to this unearthly beauty that sung of something extraordinary. The closest she had ever come to her true form, almost the splitting image of the remarkable creature she was.

But he had felt her over the centuries, that same blinding light that called to his own. His own soul intertwined around hers so completely that centuries of distance hadn't so much as made a dint on their joint. He had visited her dreams in every life, calling her soul to his when it could be lifted in sleep.

He spun her around, letting her burry herself in his chest. Her hands sliding behind his neck, as she pressed against him curve for curve. Her rich scent washing against him as he buried his face in her hair.

He wanted so desperately for this to be real. For her to truly be in his arms. Enclosed in his iron embrace. He made the mistake of letting her go once, never, never again would he make that same mistake.

He felt her waking self begin to stir and he clung to her tighter, an automatic reaction to the tug that threatened and always succeeded in taking her away. He vowed like he did every time that he would find her. He had always been able to reach her in her dreams, but only when she was close to the death that had always proved unavoidable.

But something was different this time. He felt it deep within his core. Never had she died so young, or had she born such a resemblance to her true self. Something had changed, and he had yet to find out if it was for the better, or if something horrifying was about to descend on the girl who held his entire existence within her tiny palm.