Status: Changed the story line a bit. New Preface.

Winter's Tears

Hidden Behind Glass

She didn't open her eyes for a while. As she remembered more, not all of it by any means. But fragments, bits and pieces where slowly coming through her shattered mind. She slowly remembered why she was here and why she refused to speak. She knew without any trigger of emotion that there would be two armed guards stationed inside her room, and at least two more outside.

Also that they where replaced every two hours, Winter guessed it was too keep them sharp and alert.

The room had no windows, the walls where padded with this funny foam stuff and there was no other objects apart from her cot that was removed on bad behaviour. Which was often.

She usually kept her eyes closed, she had long since learnt that her imagination was far better that anything this bloody cell could offer. With its stark and void of colour walls, her imagination was her only escape.

Although one man seemed consumed by the prospect of shattering her imagination, destroying her only escape. Her lovely doctor, Doctor W. Montgomory. He was also the reason why she was here. Locked away in some institute hidden away from the rest of humanity like some animal.

He had deemed her a hazard not only to herself but everyone around her. It was beyond idiotic, the only one in any danger from her was her ray of sunshine doctor.

Something he had yet to realise.

She heard the soft brush of the door open. Of course nothing squeaked in this god awful place, sound was a taboo thing. The lack of stimuli was down right criminal.

"Winter, open your eyes I know your not asleep." Came his fake caring voice. That rung with insincerity and false motives. She didn't open her eyes. Much to his frustration that was evident in his soft sigh.

She heard him beside her a moment before she felt his gloved hand latch around her jaw. He yanked her face towards his general direction, and his voice was again in that grating tone as she opened her eyes. "Good girl, now its testing time sweetheart." He let her jaw go roughly. "Lets go. Jane?" He called over his shoulder. "Get the guards to help you jacket her."

She loathed straight jackets. Bastard inventions they where. She had yet to see how her situation was even remotely legal. Wasn't there some law protecting her from all this? Maybe she was just letting her active imagination leak through.

They where efficient now. They had the shackles unlatched and her in a jacket in record time. She would have congratulated them if she wasn't in a vow of silence for her entire stay here. She found it amusing, that regardless of what they did to her. She refused to speak. Scream and cry, sure. Even primal sounds where allowed, like snarling but never actual words.

She was hauled to her feet and lead out of her room and down the white halls. The floor grey and unmarked, everything gleamed in the florescence lighting. The blinding light made her head pound dully, she hated the electroshock therapy.

She was tossed into a large room, about the size of two average class rooms. That was again padded in thick grey pillow like shapes. As was the floor. She was let out of her straight jacket and left alone. The sound of bolts closing and the slight hum of electricity being passed through the door, sounded behind her. The bolts where easy to get out of, the electricity was an issue though.

There was a single mirror, that was actually a two way window. Made out of missile proof glass. Where he array of doctors stood behind, watching their little experiment.

The entire room was designed to cater for her, and her only. She felt almost special over the fact.

She closed her eyes and listened closely to the soft voices behind the glass. She shouldn't be able to hear anything, but as you may have guessed she wasn't your average teenage girl.

"Was the test successful?" Asked a posh, gruff voice. His impatience evident.

"That's what we're looking at. As I've said earlier on with targeting this side of her brain with the shock therapy we should be able to supress her dangerous tendencies while remaining to keep the rest in tact." Said my lovely doctor.

There was more talk of complicated medical stuff before she heard the words she was dreading. "Very well, go ahead and test it."

'It' aren't they lovely?

"We will have to be extensive and strong in how we deal with her stimuli. She's not the most cooperative patient."

"Do what you must, William. We need answers, we needed them yesterday, my people are getting impatient." Good to know.

There was no more conversation. She could feel herself tense as the fear began to creep through her. What if they had managed to supress it? That would be good right, she would be free? Sadly she wasn't that naive, she doubted she would ever be free.

She heard the dull whirl of the large industrial size fan start up. This fan could move busses. It was insane powerful.

They always started with this test, it was the least evasive out of them. She rolled her shoulder backs, and stretched her arms. Wincing slightly at her sore unused muscles. I let my eyes rest on the missile proof glass, shooting a smirk at those hidden behind the glass. Before she turned her gaze to the fan as she waited for it all to begin.