Status: Changed the story line a bit. New Preface.

Winter's Tears

The Professor

Fear wasn't a new thing for Winter. She had been around it her entire life. She either inspired it or she felt it. Her parents had feared her, she felt it from her minds at a very early age. They believed they where safe in their minds, to think what they liked about Winter and she wouldn't know.

But she did. She knew it all.

Now, she didn't need to hear their words to know what they were thinking. Her doctor was deeply afraid of her, there was something about her that scared the hell out of him. The nurses thought she was being severely mistreated and they wished they could help her, but the fear of their superiors forced them to keep their mouths shut.

The other professor was thinking about his children and what his family would do when he told them about his cancer. He was also thinking that this was a complete over kill for one teenage girl.

He was a new one then.

Yes she was a Telepath amongst other things.

All of them where tense though, the professor was sweating profusely his fear not entirely over her alone though.

She heard a tweak of the fan getting wound higher and she felt the pressure of the wind strengthen. She almost gave a bored sigh.

Slowly they built the pressure up until she had to lean against the wind to keep from sliding back. Slowly they wound it faster and she did her best to not slip against the floor beneath her bare feet.

She felt the professors interest spike as he watched Williams hand on the control and the reaction from me. She watched herself through the mans eyes, and she felt the usual reaction she inspired.

He was struck by how well her name related to her, he imagined if winter had a human form it would be this girl. She had pale blonde hair, so light it was almost white and it hung in a sheet around her almost angelic features. Her eyes where almost completely void of colour, a very light blue laced with thin strands of sapphire. Her skin the palest of ivory's and held an almost translucent quality.

She was battered though, odd marks on the inside of her wrists and arms. Along with left over bruises on her temples. The man felt a strange need to protect this innocent creature, along with the slight tingling's of fear that came from her actions.

She almost seemed bored, as if the gale force wind pounding against her was nothing. He blanched slightly as she took a step forward. How? He asked himself silently, aghast by her strength. He watched, transfixed by her movements.

Winter felt Dr Montomery start the next line of test. Sprinklers rained down around her, the drops quickly picked up and sent flying towards her at painful speeds. She winced as the droplets pieced her skin, as sharp as needles as they pieced her flesh.

Wait she thought, they usually stung not actually cut her. She silently swore as she realised they where frozen, this was ice being sent hurtling towards her.

She cried out as she felt her skin be torn.

"William what the hell are you doing?" The professor asked, shocked by his cruelty. The girls skin was being shredded by the ice.

"I warned you, if you can't handle it. Leave. You have no idea what this girl can do, Professor." He snapped back.

Meanwhile Winter had turned inwards, searching within her mind for that place that held the warmth. The brilliant warmth and surge of power that would protect her.

There! She felt it and she hurried towards it. She could almost feel her fingers enclosing around that little ball of light, as she felt her Doctor unleash the golf balls.

Yes, honest to god golf balls. She heard the Professor yelling at her Doctor asking if he was insane. But she was being consumed by that ball of light, that made her giggle with pleasure as it raced across her skin. Trailing its soothing fingers along her marred flesh.

She threw her hands up in front of her face, as if to protect herself. The attempt would look futile, after all what could her hands do against golf balls being thrown at her through gale force winds.

The professor watched in horror as the poor girl tried to defend herself. She looked so innocent, and he quickly decide that William was a monster.

The golf balls stopped, they became frozen in the air as the wind continued to move around them. He watched in disbelief as Winter held her hands away from her face. Almost like a conductor as she gave a broken smile towards the window.

The look in her eyes would haunt him for a long time he knew. She was desperate but determined. This girl had been hurt in unimaginable ways. William had been given free rein to do as he please, the government wanted answers, and deemed William to do whatever he wanted to get those answers.

At what expense to the girl?

A silent command told him to duck, he was compelled to answer and he felt himself duck. Just as the golf balls came flying towards the window.

They didn't smash through, but they cracked the first layer of glass. And everyone could see who she was aiming for. Dr William Montomery.

He hadn't flinched his eyes remained on Winter and her on his. There, the raw hatred she had for this man was evident in every inch of her gaze. Everyone in the small room was frozen, the nurses flinching away from the glass even as Winter had stopped hurtling them towards the glass.

One had become lodged in the glass, and he could see that if it had gone through it would have gone straight through William's head.

He felt the faint tinges of amusement and respect for young Winter.

"Sedate her, and get her out of here." Came Williams ice voice. His treatment hadn't worked.

The professor had come in wanting answers about why they couldn't change one teenage girl. Suppress the danger she supposedly posed. But he was now glad for whatever glitch she had in her brain, as it might buy her time until someone could rescue her from Williams clutches.

Winter looked at the professor for a moment, she didn't dare let herself hope that he would pull through and help her. She was stuck here, until they managed to suppress whatever she was. And she was beginning to think it would never happen.

She watched as the room grew hazy, and her eyes started to droop as the mist guided her to darkness. She let it, after all she couldn't win a fight against the sedatives regardless of what 'special gifts' she was cursed with.

She let herself sleep.