Status: Changed the story line a bit. New Preface.

Winter's Tears

In Scripted Rings

The soft caress of the grass against her bare arms, the wind that took her hair and let it dance around her, each strand spun by a different tune. The scent of the grass, sweet and fresh filled her nose. As did other scents, the smell of the earth, the taste of a fire in the distance licked across her senses.

She sat up slowly, and let her eyes open at last. She almost gasped at her surroundings, it was sunset and the colour was lit alight with an unseen flame. Splashes of pink littered amongst the blinding orange. She sat in a large field, the grass brushing her shoulders as she sat up. She felt the faint flickers of the suns rays, the slight warmth washing across her cheeks as she let her lips curve up into a smile.

She tilted her cheeks towards the last of the sun, savouring the sun on her cheeks.

"Winter" A breath of a voice behind her. She turned, craning her neck to see over the grass. And there he was.

She stood, only then noticing the dress that adored her slight frame. A ivory summer dress that had many different layers of the softest, most translucent fabric she had ever seen. The bodice was strips of the same fabric, artfully pulled around her torso, in different angled strips. Before it flowed into a full skirt that tumbled to her bare feet.

As she ran to her angel, it trailed behind her, the layers spreading around her almost like wings as they danced in the winds.

He held his arms open as she buried her face into the curve of his neck. His arms once more pulling her slim body to his.

"Winter" He breathed into her hair. He smelt like a wild storm, powerful and awe inspiring as it drenched the dry landscape.

She let him draw those wings around them both. Now in the day light she could see the colour better. Only the base of the wings where the midnight black. They moved to a deep indigo and then a pale blue, the colour of dawn as they neared the tip. Although each tip was edged in a faint silver.

She itched to touch them, as it was she felt them brush against her bare back. She sighed happily into her angel.

She felt something under his chest, a circler object. Curious she let her hand trail up his strong arm, to his neck. She felt him calm under her touch. As if the stress was melting out of his taunt muscles. She tugged on a simple silver chain, and her eyes fell on two rings.

One was obviously male with its strong silver band, thick but somehow still elegant. In it sat a large square of moonstone, and in the middle lay a tiny square of diamond. She held the rings in her hand, noticing some etchings in the inner sides of the rings. She looked at the feminine one, and she was taken back by its elegance, it as silver again or white gold. And it was a series of flowers and roses, with moonstones and diamonds scattered within a few of the flower centres.

It was a lot thinner than the male one, but just as beautiful, it was so delicate, fragile.

She slid the two of them together and lined up the etchings. Amor Vin was written in the flower one. And [cit Omnia was in scripted in the other one. She placed them together and it read Amor Vincit Omnia.

She looked up, silently asking what it meant.

And he looked down at her with say eyes, and whispered against her hair. "Love Conquers All"

She wondered whose the rings where, they captivated her. And she held them in her hands as she admired the beauty of them, and what they symbolised.

She looked up at her angel and he continued to look down on her. As if he was savouring the moment, as if she would drift away in a moment. Sorrow and pain burnt in those incredible eyes. And she felt her own eyes fill with concern for her angel.

She reached up and placed a hand on his cheek, as her voice still evaded her. Trying to comfort him. He leant into her palm, his eyes still on her.

She wondered what had made her angel become so lost in pain. Suddenly his eyes hardened and she saw a flash of rage as he grabbed her wrist. She followed his gaze. Her arms where covered in tiny scratches, as if she had been forced through a glass window. She felt her brow knit together in confusion.

Suddenly he pulled her back slightly and his eyes trailed over her. She was covered in tiny scratches, she felt her confusion grow. Her angels rage though was growing, he was almost vibrating with power and anger.

She placed her hand on his chin again, silently telling him to hush.

"No, Winter." He growled, although his anger wasn't directed at her, it was for her. "Who did this too you?"

She frowned again as she tried to remember.

"Winter where are you?" He looked down on her, his eyes filled with a mixture if pain and fury.

She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out, she closed her mouth and she shook her head. She couldn't remember.

"Winter." He breathed in frustration. "Try, please try to remember."

She wanted to snap at him, and say it wasn't that easy. Her memories where fuzzy, almost blocked off to her.

She struggled to push past it, the fog.

"No!" He roared again, but she barely heard him. He sounded muted as she dug deeper into her mind.

But her angel was fading, as was the sunset and the field. The rings in her fingers.

She cried out to him, but no sound rose to cross her lips, as she was sucked into the memories, the present and away from her angel.