Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

Meet Mr.Frying-Pan

*Cora's POV*

I fell off the chair in a trembling heap, as the guy edged closer, his deformed mouth twisted in a deadly snarl, a low growling noise rumbling from the back of his throat. His eyes locked onto mine, drilling a hole of terror deep into my mind. He reached into the inside pocket of his coat, pulling out a retractable knife, which he flicked open, the click echoing in my ears as he pointed the gleaming tip towards me as I backed away on my ass.

"C-Can we talk a-about this l-like civilised p-people?" I asked, my lip quivering. "P-please...'

"Not a chance," the guy snapped, pulling back the dark hood that covered his face. God, he looked worse than before. His whole face was read and swollen, probably because of the stabbing thing I had done to him a couple of days ago. "Keep begging. It's music to my ears. After you did this to my face, there is no chance I'm letting you go unpunished."

"It's not like you could hav gotten any uglier!" I blurted out before I could stop. I slapped my hand over my mouth, eyes as wide as saucers, as he let out a cackle. He licked the knife slowly, his yellow saliva thick and gooey. I gulped down a breath of air, my mouth dry and my throat like a desert. Where's Gabe with that drink... I felt the bile at the pit of my stomach bubble and rise up as my heart raced, fear pumping through my veins with every beat.

"You're digging your on grave," the dealer spat, suddenly lunging forward, his hand grabbing me around the neck in a strong grasp. I gasped and croaked, as his mauled fingers dug into my flesh, crushing my wind-pipe. I tried to suck in a much needed breath, but only got a slither of oxygen. My eyes started to fog up, either because of the salty tears that slid down my paler than pale face, or because I was starting to lose consciousness. It was probably a mixture of both, considering my current circumstances.

"Pl... ea...se," I gasped, my lungs feeling tight, my head dizzy. "I-ll...p-pay..."

"Like I said. No amount of begging or pleading will get you anywhere. You hurt me. You cheated me. Do you even know how bad business was after that? I lost 50% of my best customers because of you"

"S-sorr- ah!" His fingers tightened, as my eyes sterted to roll back...

Suddenly I felt my back hit the ground, as my mouth opened and closed as I gasped for air. My throat felt terribly bruised and it hurt to swallow my spit, which I started to choke on. Every cough that wheezed through my mouth made me tear up in pain, as the vomit and acid in my stomach started rising. I blinked, my vision blotchy, but noticed two figures wrestling eachother, one holding a knife, the other holding a stainless steel frying pan. If it were in a different situation, I would have laughed. A man using a frying pan to defend himself. But I had no humour left in me.

My vision started clearing up, as oxygen was steadily- and painfully- filling my lungs. I recognised the frying pan guy. Gabe.

"Ga...be..." I choked, reaching for him and failing as I coughed. "G--Gabe..."

Gabe growled, as the dealer darted forward, screaming as the knife was deflected by the frying pan. Gabe lunged forward, going low, and kicked out the dealer's feet, sending him toppling to the ground, the knife falling from his hands and landing in the pool. Gabe raised the frying pan high, his eyes raging like a wild fire, and sent it slamming down on the dealer's left temple, knocking him out in one quick second. Gabe dropped the frying pan once he made sure the dealer was truly out, and ran over to me, where I was sprawled on the ground in a painful heap.

He wound his arms around me, murmuring conforting things into my ear as people slowly filtered outside to see what the commotion was about. I didn't care. I just wanted Gabe to hold me, to assure me everything was okay. I just wanted to be safe.

"Shh... sh... it's alright now, Cora. He's gone now, honey. I'm here," Gabe kept murmuring, running his fingers through my hair as I buried my face into his chest, taking in his warmth like it were my lifeline. He squeezed me tight, and I slowly started to close my eyes. "That's okay, Cora. Go to sleep. I'll keep you safe."

"Mmnn," I murmured, my grip on his shirt loosening. "Gabe..." As my last ties let go of being conscious, I felt my lips murmur something, but I couldn't remember since the next moment I was out like a light, enveloped in warmth.

*Gabe's POV*

"Gabe..." she murmured, and I couldn't help but smile. I was so worried when I saw that... disfigured prune advancing on her like that, with a knife as well! My heart stopped, and I grabbed the first things I could- a frying pan of all things- and ran outside ready to bash the guy to pieces. I kissed Cora's head tenderly, thanking God that she was in my arms, safe and sound, the only injuries done to her being extreme fear and trauma. But I was willing to help her get over it. I'd to anything to help her get over it.

Her lips moved again, and when I heard what she whispered I frowned.

"Jett..." she whispered, before I sensed that the fingers of sleep had claimed her. I held her close, lifting her up, when I saw a panicked Jett bursting through the crowd, clothing dishevelled and lipstick smudged across his face. His eyes locked onto Cora, the colour draining from his face. That bastard. He was busy getting a blow job whilst Cora- beautiful, funny, amazing Cora- was about to be killed, or God knows that else that man would have done to her.

Jett reached out, his eyes betraying his cool face. On the outside he was cool and collected, not caring about anyone but himself and his selfish desires. But on the inside, I knew. I knew he cared for her, I knew he liked her. I knew that maybe, maybe he even loved her. Inside he was in turmoil, so worried he couldn't think straight, so terrified that he was scaring himself, and so deeply guilty that he wasn't there to save her. And I hated him for that. I hated him because he didn't accept how he felt. But he was my best friend, and despite him having feelings for Cora, I couldn't bring myself to truly hate him. I just hated the fact that he wasn't there to protect the girl I love.

"You're a bastard," I said quietly, as I pushed past him. I saw him grit his teeth, clenching his fists in supressed torment.

"I know," he whispered, as I kissed Cora's forehead softly, walking out of the back gate towards my car. "I know."

*Cora's POV*

The next day I felt like shit. Try mixing being nearly strangled to death, a mild hangover, and not showering after sweating like a pig. But one thing was good. I got my own personal butler, named Gabe, who catered to my every need, which apparently included getting kissed every two seconds. I loved it, knowing that he liked me. I loved the feeling of being loved, how odd that sounded. I was staying at Gabe's house, since apparently I was in no conditon to be returning to Jett's house, despite my protests. Sure, I was grateful to Gabe for being so considerate and for looking after me, but I hated being a burden on him, since he also has to miss school. I felt guilty for taking up all his time. I didn't mind pissing Jett off- he always forgave me in the next five minutes anyway.

Jett.

"Gabe?" I asked, as we snuggled together on the guest bed, where he was supposed to be checking on my bruised neck.

"Hmm?" he asked, kissing my temple gently.

"Um, if Jett... you know, okay?" I asked, and Gabe tensed. "Ah! I was just wondering, because, you know, I wasn't sure if... he knew I was... here... with you... and with everything that happened last night-mmph!" Gabe laughed, and kissed me on the lips, interrupting my word vomit.

"Don't worry, Cora," Gabe smiled, kissing me again. "I've already called him. He'll be bringing some changes of clothes over to my place, since I am making you stay here, for the nexy week at least." I opened my mouth to argue, but he pressed a finger to my lips. "No buts, honey. You're still not well, and I don't want you doing anything... reckless."

"But the dealer's in jail or whatever now, so it's all good, which means I'm totally safe now," I said slowly, and he sighed, brushing my messy hair from my face. He gave be a worried frown, and I kissed his cheek reassuringly. He eased up a little, but his worry for me was still obviously evident. He was so sweet- he really wanted the best for me.

"But Cora..." he whined, and I thought he looked exactly like a little boy who couldn't get the toy he wanted. It was adorable, and i ruffled his hair, caving.

"Fine. I'll stay here for a week, but be prepared. I'm going to be a tough boss, Mr. Butler," I teased, and he grinned happily, kissing my cheek.

"Okay! What do you want?" he asked eagerly, and I smirked.

"You."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading my story!
I appreciate it tons!
Okay, here's a good one for all you Gabe fans- and I'm deeply sorry to all you Jett fans *dodges stones thrown* I really am sorry!
But seriously, Gabe is so lovable.
But Jett showed another side of him- the softer, vulnerable side of him.
And you know that he really does like Cora ;]
Ah, that's all for now!
You know the drill-- comments are always welcome, and subscribers will no be hunted down by Jett ;] Just kidding!
Thanks again, and Happy New Year! <3
xx Amber