Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

Give Me Up

*Cora's POV*

The ride home from the park was... stuffy. The tense aura that floated off Jett and I came off is dense waves, and I was surprised that Gabe hadn't asked us anything, even though he obviously thought something of our weird behaviour. I just hoped that something wasn't "Fucking Cora. Fucking Gabe. Fucking world. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." But it probably was, since it was pretty darn obvious what had happened in the horror attraction, even though Jett and I had tried to cover up our... activities. As in, I have a massive hickey smack-bang in plain sight on my neck, and Jett has a still stiff as boner.

Gabe clenched the steering wheel as if it were Jett's- or my, for that matter- neck, his knuckles white as he squeezed the life out of the leather wheel. Oh shit. He is undeniably pissed off. I turned to Jett, and gave him a "we-are-fucking-screwed" look, and he nodded, motioning a gun blowing his head off with his hand. Guilt flooded through me as we pulled into Jett's apartment car park.

"Good luck," Jett mouthed, as he got out, murmuring an awkward "See ya," to Gabe, who nodded gruffly, glaring holes through Jett's head as he disappeared into the building. And them it was just me and Gabe in the car. The tension was evident- Gabe tensed, me stiff as an ironing board as Gabe patted the passenger seat, telling me to sit there, since I was in the back seat. I cautiously climbed over and landed in the seat, doing up my belt, avoiding looking at Gabe. I was feeling shitty, angry at myself, angry at this situation, and a whole lot guilty.

"Gabe..." I tried, but he shook his head, gritting his teeth.

"I don't want to hear it, Cora. You... I... Ugh, I just don't know any more," he muttered, anger underlying his eerily calm tone.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, and he scoffed.

"You're sorry?" he murmured, shaking his head as he skidded out of the parking lot, nearly running over an elderly woman, who flipped him off. I usually would have laughed my ass off, but I don't think that would have been appropriate at the current point in time.

"I am sorry, Gabe," I replied, looking at him. He rolled his eyes, slamming down on the brakes as he parked in his garage. I still had to get my stuff that Jett had dropped off earlier and take them back to his place, because I doubt Gabe would like the girl who cheated on him with his best friend to be staying in his house. I turned to Gabe as we sat in his car, and he opened his mouth, probably to yell at me, and I braced myself.

"Were you sorry when you kissed him? Were you sorry when you were holding him, when you were touching him, when you were lying to me? Hell, did you even think about me when you were messing with him?" Gabe asked, his voice rising in anger and in volume. I flinched, and he swore under his breath, running a hand shakily through his hair. He turned to me, hurt flooding his features, and that cut me, breaking my heart a little. I loved Gabe- he was a wonderful person, really, but I didn't... love him.

"I- No," I started, cutting myself off. "I should be saying I was thinking about you the whole time, but if you want the truth, then I'll give it to you. I love you, Gabe, I honestly do, from the bottom of my heart. But the love I have for you isn't... romantic love, I guess. I love you as a brother, as a best friend," I told him, smiling slightly. "You're funny, caring, and everything a girl would want. And you'll find that girl some day, Gabe. You will, because you are a great guy... But I'm in love with Jett. I think I always have been. And this time, I can truly say tat I am sorry for hurting you, because that was the last thing I wanted to do."

"Cora... argh. Fuck it. Fuck it all," Gabe laughed, smiling sadly as he ruffled my hair. "I can't stay angry at you for long, honey. I have to admit- you and that bastard make a good couple. And thanks, for even giving me a chance. It was fun, while it lasted." Gabe smiled, and touched his lips once. "One more? Just for old time's sake?"

"You might be pushing it there," I teased, leaning forward. He placed his hand on my cheek, caressing it gently, as he too moved forward, touching his lips against mine. We stayed there for a while, just holding each other as we had our last kiss. It was nice, and I felt grateful that Gabe didn't blow-up majorly. We pulled away, and Gabe smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Okay, go get your stuff- I'll be waiting here then I'll take you back to lover boy's apartment."

"Thanks, Gabe. I mean it, really," I told him, and he waved my words away, chuckling. I ran into his house, grabbed all my shit, and struggled to get the numerous bags to the car. Once I loaded the boot with my shit, I climbed back in and Gabe dropped me off at Jett's apartment, stopping at the front.

"I'll help you bring your stuff up. You looked like you were struggling getting it the 10 metres from the front door to my car," he jabbed, and I flipped him off, getting out. We carried my bags up to Jett's apartment, and knocked on the door.

"Who the fuck is it?!" we heard Jett yell, and we both laughed. He whipped open the door, and his eyes went wide as he saw us standing there, goofy smiles on both our faces. "Oh. Did you guys make up or something?" he asked, frowning sadly as he noticed how happy we were. Idiot.

"Nope," we said in unison. I walked in, dumping my bags on the ground.

"We broke up," I heard Gabe tell Jett, as I ran up and hugged Jett from behind, making him jump a little. "Look after her, okay?"

"I will... and thanks, Gabe. It... means a lot to me," Jett said awkwardly, as he struggled to get the words out. Gabe gasped, a hand to his chest.

"Did the high-and-mighty Jett Miller just thank me, lowly Gabriel Lewis? I am shocked!" Gabe teased, and Jett flushed red, telling Gabe to "Get the flying fuck out of his house," which he did, after saying good bye to me, winking.

"So.. I guess that talk you two had went well?" Jett asked, grinning madly as he scooped me up in his arms, kissing me eagerly.

"Obviously, shit head," I replied, kissing his lips quickly, wrapping my legs around his waist as I locked my arms around his neck. "Now, I have to have a little talk with you." Jett raised a curious brow, and I kissed him again and again, loving how I could do all these little things without second thoughts. I loved how Jett clearly liked me kissing him. I loved the fact that he loved me.

"What do we need to talk about, sweetheart?" he asked, and I grinned.

"Okay. No cheating on me- I'll feel bad, you'll feel bad, and I will get Gabe to kill you," I started off, and he snorted, pinching my ass, causing me to yelp loudly. I glared at him playfully and he nuzzled my neck with his nose, kissing my sweet spot.

"Trust me, sweetheart- I'm completely yours," Jett murmured, and I felt his words flitter through me, filling my heart with happiness. I think I was starting to see rainbows, hearts and unicorns flying around the room. I was that happy.

"Um, no being jealous of Gabe. He's still our best friend," I stated, and he groaned, lowering us down onto the couch, him on top straddling me. I flushed crimson as he nipped at the top of my shirt, which rested just above my breast.

"I'm not sure I can keep that promise, Cora. I'm not sure I can control myself when any guy looks at you."

"You're a real sweet talker, aren't you," I smirked, and he raised his head, winking seductively. Damn, he's sexy.

"Fuck right. And don't deny that you like it," he said cockily, and I snorted, attempting to push him away, but he was too strong. He chuckled, and I felt his abs ripple beneath my fingers as he breathed.

"Okay. So what that I think you're mind-blowingly sexy and that I want to fuck you right here right now," I said, staring him right down. His mouth popped open, clearly not expecting those words to come out of my mouth. "Oh? Cat got your tongue?"

"Okay, let's just get one thing straight," he said, pulling away from me. I frowned with the loss of contact, trying to pull him down again. "Am I just your rebound guy, or do you really like me?"

"What are you, fucking insecure or what?" I asked, pulling myself up since I couldn't pull him down. "Of course I like you, you mother fucker. I'm fucking in love with you."

"Good answer," he said huskily, slamming his mouth against mine.

Life is perfect. Well, for the moment, anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, since I practically write the same thing here every chapter, I'm just gonna leave make this quick.
Yay! 9 starts! Woohoo! Thanks so much, all of you! I really appreciate it!
Oh, and I just his 80 subscribers, I think! And I have 50-something comments :]
Yay! I'm so happy! Thank you so much!
Okay, please comment and subscribe- it'd mean the world to me!
xx
p.s. Updates may be a little slower, since I just started another story, so my apologies :]