Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

Don't Be Jealous, Sweetheart

*Jett's POV*

When I woke up- much too early for my liking- I was greeted with a beautiful little bundle tucked neatly under my arm, her little face nuzzling against my chest as her hands twisted in my shirt. Our legs were tangled together under the sheets, her long, smooth legs hot and they rubbed up against mine, making me smirk. I glanced at the clock, and decided against getting up. School could go screw itself. I was perfectly fine lying here with Cora- my Cora- snuggled up perfectly against me.

I wrapped my arms around her, and she seemed to sigh in content, burying herself in my chest even further as she smiled in her sleep. She was quite beautiful, so carefree like this. I loved it, that I made her feel so safe and secure. I brushed some of her multi-coloured locks away from her face, moving my own down to plant a gentle kiss on her forehead, which made her breath out, murmuring something adorable as she rolled over, her back to me. I spooned her, and she fit against my body, like the missing piece of a puzzle. I felt... complete, whole, wholesome, I guess. It was as if I were living an empty life, until I met her. She was my everything now, and she healed me in ways no one else could.

I wasn't going to lose her, not like last time. I gritted my teeth, pulling her tighter to me, causing her to stir a little, her eyes fluttering as she groaned, opening her eyes. I heard her laugh softly, her voice melodic, music to my ears. God, how she turned me into a love-struck teenager. She even had me thinking thoughts of serenading her in the pouring rain. Me, Jett Miller, serenading someone in the rain? That would be a sight for the record books.

"Morning. Sorry I woke you," I murmured, kissing her neck softly, as she squeezed the hand that rested on her stomach, pressing herself into me, basking in my warmth.

"It's okay. My dream wasn't that eventful anyway," she said, and I chuckled as we lay there, just enjoying this serene moment together. "Did we miss school?"

"Of course," I said, grinning. She rolled her eyes, but didn't move to get up. Instead, she turned and slipped her hands around my waist so we were locked together. Her eyes flicked over my tank stomach and chest appreciatively, but she faltered when she spotted the tattoo. She looked like she wanted to ask something, but stopped herself, and I saw her eyes flash as she was probably having a mental battle with herself. To ask or not to ask, that was the question. In the end, she decided not to ask, and I rubbed my hands up and down her back, bumping my forehead against hers softly.

"It's okay," I whispered, kissing her soft, soft lips that I was now so terribly addicted to. "Ask away."

"No, Jett. You clearly didn't want to talk about it the last time I asked. I learnt my lesson that time. I will not be a nosy brat anymore, and as they say, curiosity killed the cat," she said sternly, as if she were assuring herself. I shook my head, and made a 'tsk' noise with my tongue.

"But a cat has nine lives. You used one up last time. You have seven more," I teased, and she rolled her eyes, poking me in the side.

"I think I lost one when I met you, another when you kissed me the first time, another when my mum went ape shit at me, and one when I asked last time. So I only have... 5 lives left. I must use them wisely," she replied hotly.

"But you won't lose a life if you ask me. And you'll find out some time anyway, so why not now?"

"Are you sure? It seemed like a... touchy topic," she said, biting her lip as she remembered how I snapped at her. Only she didn't know how guilty I felt afterwards, mentally beating myself up in my room. I hated that hurt expression on her face, and vowed to never make her feel that way again if I could help it.

"I'm sure, sweetheart," I assured her, giving her an open smile.

"Okay then, I guess. What... is that tattoo for?" she asked, eyeing me carefully, bracing herself for a verbal attack that wouldn't come. God, she had to trust me a little more.

"Don't get jealous now, sweetheart. Before I tell you the story, this was all in the past," I said quickly, getting a raised brow from her. She looked sexy when she made that face.

"So... lover?"

"Something like that. My first love. She... died, when I was fifteen, so three years ago," I started, my mind going back to when I was somewhat decent.

Mikayla hugged me with one arm as she lifted her groceries with the other. I flushed red, as her skin brushed mine. Mikayla was beautiful, more beautiful than any of the girls at school. She had long, dark locks that glinted deep red under the sun, and her olive skin was devoid of any blemishes or imperfections, and was as smooth as it looked. I was in love with her- with her goddess-like beauty and amazing personality. She was witty, humorous and was genuinely caring. I looked up to her, and wished that I could grow up quickly. I was fifteen, and she had just gotten out of high school and in her first year of university. She was my mother figure, since my mother wasn't worthy of the title, my older sister and my best friend. She meant everything to me.

"Thanks, Jett. You're going to grow up into a great, and handsome young man," she laughed, ruffling my hair as I placed the paper bag of fresh vegetables onto the counter, pulling my hood over my head even further to cover my flaming cheeks.

"S'okay," I said, smiling to myself as she handed me a little wrapped box.

"Sorry to make you help me out on your birthday," she said, ushering me to open the neatly wrapped package, which was now delicately in my hands. "Hopefully this will make you forgive me?"

"You know you're already forgiven," I grinned, and she laughed, her voice ringing in my ears, like bells chiming. "Come on, Jett. Open it."

I started peeling away the wrapping paper, there was a loud crash from the living room. Mikayla gave me a look saying "Stay here," and I opened my mouth to argue but she held a finger to my lips. She gave me a tight hug and kissed my forehead, and I my stomach suddenly tightened when she released me, as if I would never feel her hug ever again.

I stayed where I was, and my eyes went wide as I heard yelling, Mikayla's voice first, then a mystery male voice. I wanted to go to her, to ask what was happening, but mostly to defend her. But I was scared shitless. I was a coward, hiding away behind the island counted in the kitchen as Mikayla confronted the man.

My heart practically stopped in my chest when I heard two loud gunshots, and the thump of a body hitting the ground. That was when I bolted from my spot, running to the front of the house where a very lifeless Mikayla lay on the ground, surrounded in a pool of oozing, crimson blood. Her eyes were open, fear still shining in them as they glazed over. I dropped to my knees, as the guy muttered a low "Shit!", and darted off through the broken window, hopping into a car and speeding off, as sirens sounded. I crawled over to Mikayla, and cradled her cooling head in my hands, smoothing her hair from her face. She still looked so beautiful, even in death.

That was when I stopped feeling. That was when I changed into the violent, heartless menace I am today. That was what froze my heart.

...

"Until I met you," I said, smiling sadly, as Cora's eyes watered. "Woah, why are you crying?"

"Because it makes me really sad that you had to go through something like that!" she bawled, the tears spilling from her eyes as she hugged me, as if she could shield me from the world. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm such a bitch! I thought you were just a jerk, but you're really not! I'm so sorry!" she blabbed, and I couldn't help but snicker a little. She the glared at me, her fists curling against my chest.

"You are unbelievable," she sighed, fatigued. "But I love you. And don't worry- I can take care of myself perfectly fine, and I've got you and Gabe to protect me, so don't fret, okay?"

"Yeah, but Gabe's your last resort, okay? I'm the first one you call when you're in trouble, understand? That dick comes after me," I stated, making my words very clear.

"And you told me not to be jealous," she mocked, and I growled playfully, moving myself so I was straddling her.

"Don't anger me, sweet heart. I can barely control myself when we're like this," I threatened, sucking on her neck seductively.

"Sorry, but I like pissing you off. And plus, if this is punishing me, I'd piss you off every minute of every day," she whispered breathlessly, moaning as my lips trailed down to the curve of her breast as she wound her arms around my neck, pulling me in closer.

"I'll protect you, sweet heart. I swear it," I murmured, and she nodded.

"I know you will."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda a filler... but you found out about the tattoo :]
The updates will be considerably slower (not the 2-3 chapters a day you are used to haha) since I have started a new story, which I am enjoying immensely. Here's the link, if you want to check it out:
Taking Chances
It's a slash, so if that's your cup of tea, be my guest to try it out! ^_^
Okay, as of 10 seconds ago this is officially a 10 star story, with 96 subscribers! Yay!
Thank you all so much for making my dreams come true! <3
Look out for the next one- I'll try to make it a good one!
xx