Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

Cold and Alone

*Luke's POV*

I felt like shit. I felt worse than shit, actually. I felt like I was the one who ended the world. Well, I did, technically. I did end Cora's world, and not to mention Jett's world. I was the one who sent them crashing down, and I knew they didn't deserve it. I knew that my father Gale only tore them apart because of me.

It was all my fault.

I groaned, and rolled over onto my stomach, wallowing in my own self-hatred. I hated my father, I hated myself, I hated everything. This hell-hole used to be my home- but I can barely remember what that was like. It all changed when mum died after being beaten in the street by a couple of stoned men, who were all later sent to the slammer with life sentences. I think that was when Gale started being like... that. I didn't even know how to describe what he was. I think monster would suffice though. A bloody inhuman monster.

There was a heavy knock on my door, which, unlike the other students, was a dark wooden slab of wood. Since I was the son of the one and only Gale Laurence, I had my own mini-house, you could say. It was at the back of the school, next to Gale's house. I didn't want to even be in the same room as that mother fucking bastard, so there was to way in hell that I was going to share a house with him.

I frowned, as the knocking intensified. Nobody ever came to my house- it was off-limits to everyone but Gale and Miles, his top-notch lackey. I had known Miles ever since I was born, and despite his humongous appearance he was only twenty-two or so, so he was only five years older than me. He was... confusing, to say the least. The Miles I knew would never hurt a fly. He was kind, gentle, and only looked a little intimidating, but was handsome in his own right. He was like an older brother to me, and had never once hurt any of my friends before. I wonder what Gale said to him to make him turn so... cold.

The knocking continued, and I sighed, rolling off my bed and opening the door. I gasped, when I saw a wet and soaking Cora standing there on my porch, wearing nothing but a small pair of pyjama shorts and a camisole. It was raining, and raining heavily.

"H-h-hey," she stammered, giving me a weak smile. "C-can I c-come in?"

"Did you even have to ask?" I asked, practically pulling her in. "Jesus, what are you doing here?! And in the pouring rain to top it off! And, my god, why are you wearing that? And no shoes?!" I ranted, running my fingers through my damp hair.

"I-I... we have to t-talk," she said, and wrapped her arms around her, shivering.

"Okay, just sit there on the couch. I'll, um, get a towel and a blanket for you," I said, panicking a little. Mainly because she was looking so pale that she looked like a ghost. Secondly, because she was shaking like a human electric toothbrush. Thirdly because (and god almighty) she looked so good. Her shorts were barely shorts, more like a loose pair of knickers, and her camisole was wet and stuck to her chest and flat stomach, showing off her curves and naturally luscious body.

I swallowed, pushing some of those thoughts out of my head, and grabbed her the first towel I could find as well as a grey checkered fleece blanket. I basically sprinted back to the living room, where Cora sat, legs tucked inside her arms as she tried to warm herself. My house was already toasty warm, but she looked like a fucking ice-cube.

"God, you look so cold," I muttered, sitting on the couch next to her, draping the blanket around her shoulders, and she smiled gratefully. "And your hair is soaked through."

"Yeah, I didn't really think about the weather," she admitted, giving me a heart-stopping smile. Ugh. She looked like a mess but somehow she could pull it off. I sighed, and got the towel in my hands, placing it on her head. She moved to retrieve it, but I shooed away her hands, starting to dry her hair gently. "You don't have to dry my hair for me."

"But I want to," I chuckled, and she rolled her eyes, resting her chin on her knees. "So, you came here to talk about something, right?"

"Yeah, and I think it is pretty darn obvious what I came here to talk about," she said, and I tensed a little, enough to make her giggle. "Don't worry. If you think I hate you then you are definitely mistaken. You're my friend, Luke. One of my best friends."

"Cora..." I started, throwing the towel on the coffee table by our feet.

"Shush. Just hear me out, okay?" she said, giving me a 'shut the hell up' glance. Once she made sure I wasn't going to say anything she continued, starting to rock back and forth. "Your dad..."

"He's not my dad," I said quickly, my voice cold, empty. She shook her head, taking my hand.

"He is your dad, Luke. As much as he may be... a bit of an ass, he is still your dad. And you may not see it, but he really does love you. He did this to me and... Jett," she said, her voice cracking a little as she said his name, "with your best interests in mind. He loves you, Luke. I think he just doesn't know how to express that."

"He doesn't love me," I said, and she squeezed me hand. "He doesn't, Cora. Ever since my mother died he has shunned me. It's been eleven fucking years and he has barely talked to me, let alone made an effort to care for me." My voice went dead quiet, as I bit my lip, my vulnerable side taking over. "He... god, I have never talked about this before."

"You don't have to tell me," Cora said, but I shook my head, shooting her a small smile.

"But I will," I replied, and she nodded, moving a little closer to me, offering some of the blanket. I laughed, slipping inside and wrapping it around it. She was warm now, on the verge of hot, but maybe that was just my hormones speaking.

"Go on. Talk away."

"Okay. My mum died when I was six. She... was murdered. But some drug addicts. I think that was what made my dad who he is now. He created this... hell hole, because he hates kids who don't follow the rules you could say. At first I thought it was a good idea, you know, helping to try and push kids back on the right track. I thought he was amazing, for changing do many kids at the beginning, but when I found out how he did it..."

"You thought otherwise," she finished, and I nodded.

"Ever since then I have seen him as a monster rather than a father. He hurts people, mentally and physically. No matter what his intentions are, nobody has a right to do that. I tried telling him, but, well, that didn't end well. He said I was betraying my mother, and that was the last thing I wanted to do." Cora pulled me into a hug, her arms snaking around me. I felt my breath hitch in my throat, and she sighed.

"Your mother would be proud of you, Luke. I mean, everyone is. Me, Steph, Ryder, Gabe, and even Jett. You are a wonderful person, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise, and i'll be right here to tell you that every time you doubt yourself."

"How can someone be so perfect?" I asked, and she blushed a little, but pinched my cheek, grinning.

"It's natural," she winked, and I smiled. "And with us dating..."

"I'm breaking up with you," I said suddenly, and her mouth popped open.

"Wh-what?" she stammered, as if the words I just spoke were in Russian, or some other incomprehensible language.

"I said I'm breaking up with you. Cora Hart, I, Luke Laurence, am breaking up with you."

"Oh... my god, I love you," she said, "as a friend, of course." She then grabbed onto the front of my shirt and kissed me, square on the lips.

And my god, it felt amazing.

"And there is out break up kiss. So, in front of your dad are we, you know, pretend dating?" she asked, and I nodded.

"In front of him. But when we're not in front of him... you can have some time with your real boyfriend."

"Thank you," she whispered, kissing my cheek. "Thank you so much."

"No problem. Plus, you two are cute together."

"I know. He is... god, Jett is everything to me," she said, her eyes glowing as she stared off into nothing.

"Okay, get that love-struck look off your face. I'm inviting everyone over for a sleep over," I then said, and she laughed.

"You are so adorable, you know that?"

"I know. My mum used to say that to me."

Maybe that was why I loved Cora. She wasn't exactly someone that I fell in love with. She was just so similar to my mum. And god, this time, I wasn't going to let anyone taker her away from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well... I apologise for the LOOOOONG wait :/
I've been busy with school, my other stories, and other what not, so don't kill me!
Sorry for the grammar/spelling errors on this chapter- my dad is basically pushing me off the computer. I'll fix them up when I have time.
Well, please comment and subscribe (if you already haven't!). I need some loving here haha
Until next time, my little rebels ;]
xx Amber