Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

Momma's Girl

*Cora's POV*

Oh, hell no. I sat on the uncomfortable metal chair as mum walked in, a scowl on her face. Once she took in my appearance (that being wearing a pair of skimpy booty shorts and a rumpled singlet top) as well as my newly dyed blue and black hair, her face went from mildly pissed to complete demon.

"CORA MARIE HART!" she shrieked, and I just sighed, covering my ears with my hand. Her screaming was muffled, but I could make out the words as clear as say. She was blabbing on about how bad I was and that this demon that had possessed me was not her daughter.

"Sorry, mother dear, but I'm not possessed. This is me, so lay off it," I snapped, the events of the past week or so taking its toll.

"Cora... what happened to you? It was him wasn't it? That Jett Miller. He was the one who changed you!" she yelled, and I laughed, throwing my head back.

"Jett? Really, mother. Jett is as good as they come. He's much better than you. He cares for me. He looks after me. He loves me," I spat, glaring at her. "What did you do? You made me do this, you made me look like that, you made me be like this! Well I just couldn't take it any more, mother. I hated being your perfect little bitch. Now I'm just a bitch, and frankly, I'm having a bloody dandy time too." Her mouth popped open, and before she could beat me senseless Laurence walked in, clamping his hand on her shoulder.

"Mr Laurence, I did not send my daughter here to turn into this monster," mum hissed, tearing her beady eyes off me, turning to Gale, who looked exasperated. "Nor did I send her here to be... impregnated either! I sent her here to change for the better, not to become worse."

"I assure you, Mrs Har-" Laurence started, but mum let out a dry laugh.

"It's Miss now, if you will," she said, and I choked.

"WHAT?!" I yelled, getting up from my chair, grabbing onto mum's expensive blouse, crinkling it under my fingers. "What did you say?"

"Your father and I are divorced, and it's all because of you," mum seethed, prying my fingers off her jacket. As she smoothed out her blazer her eyes flashed with something, something human. My hands fisted by my sides as I gritted my teeth. As much as I hated my mother, I had never wanted my parents to split. I loved my father and wished he had married someone better, but I knew he loved her. And as much as I hated to admit it, I knew my mother loved him too.

"Why?" I asked, my eyes tearing up a little.

"Why?" mum scoffed. "Because of you. He said he didn't want me to do this to you. He said that I should leave you alone and that I should let you live your life the way you want to. I said he was being stupid, but he wouldn't let it rest. He just couldn't see the monster that you have become."

"You bitch," I replied, wiping my eyes with the back of my palm. "Daddy loved you! How could you do that to him?!"

"I know that! God, I know that," she whispered, and suddenly she seemed so vulnerable, so broken. She didn't seem like the witch of a mother that I had raised me. She seemed like the young, vibrant teenager I had heard that she had been, the teenager who had fallen head over heels in love with my dad, the teenager who didn't have a care in the world. For the moment, I caved, wrapping my arms around mum, who gasped.

"Then why did you do that to him?" I murmured, not meeting her shocked gaze.

"Because... because if I did let you loose you wouldn't stay with me," she cracked. "I know the first chance you get you'll want to get away from me. I... I guess I never want to stop being your mother."

"Mum..." I said, my mouth wide open as I gazed at her. She frowned, but then smiled, brushing some of my hair from my face.

"Is Jett really worth all of this?" she asked, and I nodded. "Then... then I guess I can hand you over to him."

"R-Really?" I asked, and she nodded.

"I just want you to know, I have always just wanted the best for you. Well, what I thought was best for you. I had never wanted to hurt you- I just thought that something was wrong when you changed so suddenly. I didn't know what to do." She gave me a small smile and hugged me, crushing me to her chest. "I'll sign your drop-out papers, and get Jett's signed as well."

"Jett's? Why Jett..."

"Your father was the one who signed his enrolment form," she said, flicking my creased forehead.

"Then is dad..."

"Cora," a deep voice said, and dad's balding head popped around the door. I ran to him, screaming an ecstatic "Daddy!", which made him laugh, catching me and whirling me around in the air as if I were a five-year-old. "You've grown, Cora."

"I know," I grinned, and looked between he and mum, noticing the tense air that hung around them. "God, just make up, okay? But no kissing, at least not while I'm here," I added quickly, and they both blushed. I groaned, grabbing dad's hand and then mum's, pulling them together.

"I'm sorry..." mum said awkwardly, and dad coughed, scratching the back of his head.

"It's okay... Um... I love you?" dad said hesitantly, and mum let out a tinkling laugh, her real laugh, not the strained, stressed one she always let out. I still hadn't full forgive her for the shit she put me through, but I think we were getting there. I was just glad they they were both happy.

"Sorry to break the moment, but I'm afraid I can not let Cora or Jett go so easily," Laurence's cold voice interrupted, and the three of us turned to him.

"I'm sorry, Mr Laurence was it?" dad asked, grabbing me and holding me close. "What did you say?"

"Your wife signed the papers for Cora to stay at this school until she turned eighteen, or until she was deemed appropriate for graduation," Laurence stated, thrusting the papers in dad's face.

"Well, screw it. We've changed our minds," dad said quickly. "Now, if you'll excuse us, we'll be taking out daughter and her future husband and leaving. Good day."

"Not so fast, Mr Hart," Laurence said, as a very large,bulky man blocked the door. "It is my policy that I can not let go of a student who has not completed my education course. Please leave the school without your daughter."

"Why you little..." dad started, and I cut him off.

"Mum, dad, you can go. I have some... business to take care of, anyway," I said, my mind blinking back to Jett's plant to send this place crashing down. I had to be there for it, no matter what. And plus, I couldn't just leave Steph and the gang behind.

"But Cora," dad started, and I sent him a sly wink. He seemed to get the message, and grabbed mum's hand, pulling her out behind him.

"Good decision, Cora," Laurence said, and I shrugged.

"What can I say? I guess I'm a momma's girl after all."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooookay :] There you go!
Only about five chapters of this story left, sadly.
Again, I want to thank each and every one of your for sticking with this story.
It means the world to me!
Well, until next time!
xx Amber