Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

Friends?

*Cora's POV*

"No, Ryder!" I yelped, as I glared down at him, his hands outstretched, ushering my to jump down from the air vent. Even though everyone else had gotten down, I was a little apprehensive, since everyone who got down landed on their asses really oddly, and really painfully as it had looked. I didn't want a big purple bruise on my ass!

"Cora, it doesn't hurt..." Stephie said, and I gave her a 'cut-the-crap' look, since she was wincing as her hand rubbed her but cheeks. "Just come down."

"I'll catch you, Cora," Ryder said, and I sighed, slowly slipping into the hole, a short scream escaping my lips as I landed into something very soft, which groaned. I opened my tightly shut eyes to see Ryder plastered to the ground face-down, my sitting on top of him, perfectly safe and sound.

"I thought you said you'd catch me, not act as my crash mat," I teased, and he glared at me as I rolled off him.

"Shut up. You were really heavy," he huffed, and I flipped him of, kicking him softly in the shins before walking up to Jett's door, which was a heavily padded metal slab that would probably take a whole army tank to ram down. Great.

"So, anybody have any ideas on how to open this thing?" I asked, and Stephie shrugged, along with everyone else. "Well that's hunky-dory."

"I could try, but it might take a while and, well, we don't have a while," Ryder said, just as the alarms went off. Oh, shit. Well it's about time they realised that I was missing from my cell and that Teddy basically set two burly pro-wrestlers on fire with hairspray. Go figure that one out.

"Then get on with it," Gabe said, as he tapped on my shoulder, making me jerk my head towards the sound of feet clapping against tiled floor. People were coming. Greeeeeat. Did you get that serving of sarcasm? Good.

"Uh oh. They're coming from the other side too," Steph added, just as a group of about five men came in with little batons in their hands. Okay, maybe the whacking sticks in their hands weren't that small.

"I can deal with one side, but you guys have to take care of the other!" Teddy shouted, before running with an adorable war-cry towards one side, flailing his mini-flame-thrower around menacingly, causing the five guys he has to take on eye him suspiciously.

"B-But... I can't fight!" I yelled back, and he just shrugged, as he round-house kicked a guy in the head. I could hear Ryder in the background, murmuring weird things to himself like 'and then I have to connect the main blue wire to the light blue wire which will give me access to the red wire which I have to snip off to get to the yellow wire'. He sounded like a kid naming the colours to impress his mother, but he knew what he was doing, I think. I just wondered how he even knew how to do that. Maybe apart from his drug-smuggling thing he also hijacked cars as a hobby. Knowing him, that was more than likely.

"Cora, we need some help!" Luke yelped, dropping to the ground as he narrowly missed a punch, his face contorted in fear and shock.

"O-Okay!" I replied, rushing to help. I grabbed onto his arm, shrieking as I stumbled back, missing a black stick to the nose, the swing harmlessly sashaying through the air. Luke gave me a grateful smile, before lunging forward, smashing his seemingly feeble fist into a guy's solar-plexus, earning a soft grunt, but the guy didn't keel over- he just laughed, grabbing onto Luke's arm, his fingers digging into his skin.

"HEY! DON'T TOUCH HIM YOU MOTHER FUCKING TROLL!" I screamed, jumping onto the guy's back, grabbing onto a fistful of hair, jerking it up. I kicked and punched him whilst getting a piggy-back ride, and he hollered in yet another foreign language, the occasional 'bitch' being heard. "AND DON'T CALL ME A BITCH, BITCH!"

Luke, in that moment, tore free of the guy's hands and then grabbed onto his junk, a slight grin on his flushed face. They guy's eyes widened, before Luke removed his hand repeatedly kneeing the guy in his family jewels, sending him into a writhing mess on the ground, tears pricking his beady eyes. Luke and I couldn't help but laugh a little, and we hi-fived each other lamely before he went off to help Gabe, and I went to help Stephie, who was holding her own against a guy three-times her size.

"Oh, about time, Cora," she wheezed, coughing a little as she dodged a blow, in exchange landing on on his chest, but winced. "His body is like a fucking wall. Ouch."

I then spotted the discarded beating stick from the guy Luke and I had beaten off and rushed to grab it, clasping the cool metal weapon in my hands. My fingers curled around the hilt as I ran towards Steph's attacker, yelling a quick "Steph! Get out of the way!" which she nodded to, rushing to the side, almost colliding with a wall.

I smashed the baton against the guy's skull, warning a soft "off" and a thud as his still body his the ground.

Okay, I think that's all of em, since Gabe had finished off two, Luke and I one, that guy I just knocked out, and Steph had tidied one up before that. So five, I think.

Teddy came over to us, grinning as he tackled me in a crushing hug.

"Cora! Look! The guy randomly gave me a thousand dollars!" Teddy yelled, jumping up and down in excitement after releasing me from his deathly bear-hug. He waves the money in front of my face before stuffing it down in his pockets. "He said- He said he would gimme the money is I didn't burn off his hair! Maybe I should offer to burn everyone's hair and then they'll give me money!"

"Ahh, Teddy, that might not be a good idea, but I'm glad you're safe," I said awkward, patting his head a little before Ryder let out a huge "WHOOP!" as Jett's door slid open, revealing a very confused Jett who gaped at us.

"What the fuck was happening out there? I heard a lot of... things," he said, before I rushed up to him, planting a big kiss on his lips. He caught me in his strong arms, kissing my forehead gently, his arms enveloping me in warmth and protection. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"I am... but what about you? What did they do to you after Miles took me away?" I asked, and he sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"Basically they tried to pay me off to get me to behave and I told them to fuck off, and then, well, they just shoved me into this shitty room, Gale coming in every two hours to beat some sense into me," he said simply, and I growled. How dare he touch my man. Jett then laughed, kissing my cheek before finding my lips again. "But I'm fine, Cora. Let's just get out of here."

"Um, yeah, what time is it?" I asked, and Gabe replied with a curt "Almost 12." So it was almost midnight, eh?

Everyone's mouths suddenly broke out into smiles, and just as Gabe's watch ticked over to midnight, there was a shrill scream as a large crash resonated from outside.

I think Jett's 'friends' had arrived. Awesome.
♠ ♠ ♠
A shorter one, but I kinda had to end it there :]
Welllll, Jett's buddies have arrived!
That may me a good thing, but that also means that there are only about 2 or 3 chapters left! O.O
I know right?!
Thank you all so much for your comments and subscriptions- they are what keep this story going!
xx