Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

The Final Chapter

*Cora's POV*

It was the strangest thing, really. It felt like only yesterday when I met Jett, and look at where we were now; getting out house ready for the house warming, matching wedding bands adorning our fingers with cheesy grins on our faces as we hastily cooked in the kitchen for the lunch party.

"No! You're burning it, Jett!" I yelled, laughing crazily since he was burning pasta. I mean, how do you burn pasta? It's floating in water for God's sake! Jett pouted, handing me the wooden spoon as he kissed my cheek.

"I'll just set the table then, sweet heart," he said, and I nodded, slapping his ass to get him out of the kitchen. Even though I had tried to teach him the basics of cooking, the only edible thing he has created were eggs and bacon, and even then they were a borderline case of being totally burned and blackened out.

I tasted a piece of pasta, and it was perfect. Yummy.

"Jett! Can you put all of this stuff in the big serving bowl? I need to get changed! Oh, and bring the barbecue meat outside!" I yelled, and I heard Jett curse as something smashed. Oh, bother.

"Yep! After I sweep this up!" he replied, making me giggle again. I ran upstairs and into our bedroom, rummaging through my drawers for something comfortable but nice. I ended up pulling out a pair of white skinny jeans, some sparkly black flats and a dark purple studded singlet top. I combed through my hair, which was its usual black, only with bright pink highlights now, and quickly applied a good layer of eyeliner and mascara, before dabbing a little strawberry lipgloss onto my parched lips. Perfect.

I rushed back down, hoping that Jett hadn't destroyed the house in the process, but was gladly surprised to see him carrying the meat outside, and he had even finished the pasta salad for me. He really is a trooper.

"Thanks, Jett," I said, kissing him deeply, before the door bell chimed. We both looked at each other, before he quickly dumped the meat outside next to the barbecue, linking my hand with his. It's been five years since we had escaped the school, and let's just say a lot has happened since then. We had both finished school, which surprised everyone since Jett wasn't the brightest tool in the shed, but he wanted to be able to help support me (and our future children, hopefully), so he had basically had his head stuck in his books 24/7, and then had come out of the year 12 exams higher than most. I was so proud of him, and so were my parents.

Me and my mother had built our relationship back up, and she was accepting of everything- maybe too accepting of everything. A couple of years back she caught Jett and I almost about to at it, and she hadn't freaked out. In fact, she had given Jett some watermelon flavoured condoms, and I don't even want to think about why she had them.

We were still very, very close friends with the rest of the gang, and their lives had gotten much better as well. Ryder had found a girl who was perfect for him (and she was awesome, we had bonded quickly and now both gang up on Ryder when he and Teddy get into playful scuffles). Teddy also has a girlfriend now, and they are both super crazy. I mean, I had thought one Teddy was hard to handle, but two? They are like an unstoppable force.

Luke and his father haven't made up, but Luke has no problem with that. He has Miles, and the two of them have rekindled their friendship. They're like two close brothers and they were joined at the hip. Some of us have strange feelings that Miles might have other feelings for Luke, but we don't say anything- it's not our place.

Steph and Gabe, well, let's just say we're not the only couple married. They got married after us, though, but Steph is already pregnant with her first child! When she burst into our house with a bit of a bump I was about to have a heart attack. I was so happy, and they even allowed me to be their god mother, and I never let Gabe hear the end of it.

Jett opened the door, and the first person in the house was Teddy, his girlfriend jumping in behind him, tackling him to the ground as she smiled at me.

"Hey, Tatalia," I giggled, as she burst up, hugging me so tightly I found it hard to breath. She was a super bundle of energy and love, and her bright purple and blonde hair seemed to always be bouncing around the room. She was a professional tattoo artist, and she was the one who gave me and Jett our matching tattoos for free. There were some rumours about her though; it is said that she could actually beat Teddy in a one-on-one fight. I would be afraid of her, but since I know her so well I'm not afraid for my life or anything.

"Tat, get off Cora, she's going blue," Tasha sighed, basically pulling Tatalia off me, who huffed and ran over to Teddy, who kissed her all over her face. Tasha gave me a smile, hugging me tightly, but not in a death-grip like Tat. She was Ryder's girlfriend, and they were going strong. I really didn't know how she could deal with Ryder, I mean, he was a pretty moody guy when he wanted to me. She has long black hair that is really silky, like really silky. I am so jealous of her hair. She has a few tattoos, and we share the same passion for cooking, so she's the one that teams up with me when there's a party to be held. She is also the smallest little thing you've ever seen; even smaller than Steph and I so that is saying something. So it was strange, there was Ryder, who was a giant and then little Tash. But she held her own against Ryder, and I think he was going to pop the question some time soon, but I won't tell her that.

"Hey, Cora," Ryder said, bumping my fist with his before slinging his arm over Tasha's shoulders, making her grin a little.

"Stephie!" I squealed, as Steph popped through the door, walking a little like a penguin since her stomach was at breaking point. I have her an awkward half-hug, since I couldn't get around her stomach, and she smirked, patting her belly once.

"He's hungry, so lead me to the food!" Steph cheered, and I laughed, pointing to the back door.

"Hey, Gabe," I said, hugging him. Oh, Gabe. What would I do without him. After Jett, he was the second most important person in my life. We had been through thick and thin together, and I was so glad he had found someone like Steph. He ruffled my hair before he bro-hugged Jett, which made me snicker a little, turning to Luke and Miles.

"Aw, Luke. Come 'ere," I said, crushing him into a hug. He blushed a little, but returned the hug, smiling. "How are you?"

"Better," he said honestly, smiling. "I visited my dad yesterday. He's... changed, I think."

"That is so amazing, but don't think about that stuff now. Just have fun!" I chirped, hugging him again. I hi-fived Miles and ushered them through to the back yard, where Jett had turned up the music and had started grilling food.

"Cora, honey," I heard mum's voice coo, and I turned. "Congratulations on the house! It is gorgeous!"

"We're both proud of you, Cora," dad added, and they both hugged me at the same time. I think I had gotten enough hugs in the past ten minutes to last me a life time, but hugs were amazing, especially when they really meant it.

"Hey, thanks for coming. I know it was a long drive," I said. Jett and I had moved out of town, and strangely so did the rest of the gang. We now all attend the same university so we see each other every day, basically. We are one big family.

I led my parents to the back, grinning at all their positive comments on our house. It was beautiful, if I do say so myself. But I didn't care where I lived, as long as I was with Jett.

We broke through to the back yard where everyone were having a fabulous time. Steph was eating a massive pile of food, while Gabe fed her, both of them looking so lost in their own love-filled world it was insane. Jett was cooking away, looking so sexy in his apron, as Miles was getting food for him and Luke. Teddy and Tat were twirling away on the make-shift dance floor, singing at the top of their lungs, almost making everyone else in the back yard go deaf. Ryder and Tasha were having some sort of contest to see who could eat the most, and let's just say they were pretty much even.

I walked over to Jett, kissing his cheek gently, stealing a piece of chicken.

"Remember when we first met I hated your guts?" I asked, and he smirked, nodding, taking a bite of my chicken.

"Yeah, I do. I think even then I thought you were incredibly beautiful," he said, winking, making a blush creep to my cheeks.

"Liar. I looked like a mess," I said, sighing. "But I'm so glad I met you. God, imagine if we hadn't met each other and that we had just lived our separate lives."

"I think I would have found a way to fall in love with you anyway," he teased, and I giggled, leaning in to his embrace.

"I love you so much, Jett. I really, really do."

"I love you too sweet heart," Jett murmured, kissing my lips once, resting his forehead against mine. "I love you so mu-"

"THE BEEF IS BURNING!" Teddy screamed, rushing forward. "NOT THE BEEF!"

Everyone was silent for a moment, before we all burst out laughing.

There would never be a dull moment as long as I had my friends and my family around me.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
SIRUHGTCIERUHGCIERUHGC!!!
It's finished! It's over! I can not believe it!
I hope you all had as much fun as I did, and I sincerely hope that you fell in love with the characters like I have. I'll miss them all so much (especially Teddy haha)
Firstly, the character Tatalia (Teddy's girlfriend) was modelled after magicrainbowunicorn! You are a darling!
And the character Tasha (Ryder's girlfriend) was dedicated to TashaLaureen. Check out her profile to see what she looks like!
A BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG thank you to all of my subscribers! You make the world go around!
And thank you to my lovely commenters. You always put a smile on my dial every single day! Thank you all so much!
Well, that's it for Cora and Jett and the gang :] Thank you all so much for reading their story- it means the world to me!
Well, forever yours,
Amber xx