Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

The Devil is Friends With the Angel?

*Cora's POV*

I couldn't get the kiss out of my head. Sure, I had a knack for acting casual... but I couldn't help but feel giddy and hot every time he touched me, even if it were just a nudge of his shoulder. Ugh, I was so horny. But as the day went on, the effect of the kiss started weakening and was being pushed back forcibly by me. By lunchtime it was just a really good memory in the back of my head. It was my first kiss, and though it wasn't in the circumstances that I had always wished my first kiss to me, that didn't make it any less magical. It was perfect, in a screwed up sense. I mean, it had been in front of my mother and 99% of students at school, and the fact it had been done with the bell ringing in the background and in the school halls made it a little less romantic. But a first kiss is a first kiss no matter what.

It was lunch time when the next bout of drama was served to me. Jett and I were stuck together like glue, since he apparently got a kick out of seeing me get pissed off at the majority of the student population, and he enjoyed watching people shocked expressions when they-finally- recognised who I was.

"Ugh, I've always hated the cafeteria food, but today's is the worst by far," I groaned, eyeing the meatloaf shit that resembled dog faeces mixed with asparagus. Yes, totally appealing. The taste wasn't top-notch either, and generally made me want to gag. Which I did, when the lunch lady slapped the meal onto my tray. Jett had a disgusted look on his face, and escaped the line before the lady gave him his 'shit-on-a-tray', as he put it.

As I neared the check-out where we payed, and scrunched up my nose and quickly ducked out of the line. There is no fucking way I'm paying for this shit. Jett was waiting for me by the door to the back gardens of the school. He waved me over, and as I neared I chucked the meatloaf into a bush, some stray cat limping over to sniff out the food, growling and running away as if it smelled something foul. Even stray cats have standards. I guess that proves how bad the cafeteria food is.

"Cora," Jett said as I neared. "This is Angel. He's a dick, but you'll get over it." That was when I noticed the guy standing next to Jett. He was gorgeous, rivalling even Jett's god-like appearance. He was shorter than Jett, but only by 2 centimetres or so, and was obviously well muscled underneath the thin fabric of his shirt. He had short brown hair that was a little spiky, but it had a kind of soft, lush look to it. He had light brown eyes, seemingly golden when the light hit it the right way, and was nicely tanned as if he had been to the beach over the holidays. He probably had, since he looked as if the sun was living in his skin.

"Gabe Lewis," the guy said happily, smiling widely as he stuck out his hand. "You can call me Gabe, Lewis, Gabriel, or Angel, like this mother fucker does." I slipped my hand in his, and felt at ease as his large hand enveloped mine in warmth.

"Cora, Cora Hart," I reply, grinning. "So, I guess you're the nicer half of Jett?"

"Nicer? Definitely. Better looking? Undeniably. The better half? Sounds about right," he replied, making me laugh and Jett grumble a string of curses. As he let go of my hand, my stomach let out a wild roar, and I flushed red as the two friends chuckled. "I guess you're hungry. The cafeteria food is pretty shit. Don't worry, I got some food for you. And trust me- it's good." Gabe led us to one of the outdoor benches that was under the shade of a large oak, and showed us the platter of sandwiches that seemed home made.

"Oh, yum," I chimed, as we dug in. "Oh my god these are good. Did you make them, Gabe?"

"Yeah. I like cooking... but don't tell anyone. It kind of ruins my manliness, you know?" he laughed, and I nodded, taking another bite into a sandwich. Seriously, these things were good. There was something about these sandwiches that made them extra tasty.

"Gabe knows all about our arrangement, Cora," Jett said, slinging his arm across my shoulders.

"Oh," I murmured, a little embarrassed for some reason, and Gabe winked, handing me another sandwich.

"If you ever get bored of him, I'm always free," he told me seriously, taking one of my hands in his. Jett growled, and Gabe let go, grinning cheekily. I grinned at his child-like smile, which is really open and friendly. Seriously, I don't get how Jett has a friend as nice as Gabe. Gabe was a sweetheart, a great cook, and someone that I think I could get along with really well.

"I might take you up on that," I added, just to make Jett angry. He sent me a heated glare, which I deflected, jabbing his side with my fingers. "Don't get jealous now, honey. I'm all yours for now." Jett rolled his eyes, and I gave him a softer smile. I then whispered a soft "No feelings attached, remember," which made him nod slightly, as he turned his head away in deep thought.

Half-way through lunch and in the middle of a heated conversation between me and Gabe about how All Time Low was much better than Her Bright Skies, me arguing for All Time Low of course, we had an unexpected guest. Well, deep inside I knew she would be back, but I had hoped she wouldn't make my life any more awkward.

"Cora, we're going home to fix you up. NOW," mum said coldly, grabbing onto my wrist harshly as she yanked on it to get me off my seat. I yelped in surprise, my voice tinged with a little pain since her grip really hurt, which amounted to both Jett and Gabe getting up and grabbing onto me, Gabe's hands on my arms and Jett's wrapped tightly around my waist. Mum's eyes narrowed, her grip tightening. I winced, and bit my lower lip. I had pretty tender skin which bruised easily since I never really did anything too strenuous. I was going to get a nice hand-shaped bruise on my wrist now. Thanks a lot, mum.

"Let her go," Jett growled, giving mum a pissed off look.

"She's my daughter, and I can do what I want with her. You two boys have corrupted her with your bad ways. She'll only get into more trouble if she stays around boys like you," mum scolds, her voice ice cold, cutting through the air like invisible daggers. I had never heard her speak like this, and it freaked me out a little, but Jett just brushed it off like he dealt with this every day. He probably got threats and the like from much scarier people, for example, that drug dealer I knocked out yesterday. Ugh. Bad memories. "Come on, Cora. We're going home."

"Um, I think not," I retorted, ripping my arm out of hers with a little help from Gabe. Gabe inspected my wrist, which was still tender and already bruising a little. "I'm perfectly fine with these guys, you know, my friends. Oh, wait, you don't even know what they are. They're people who are nice to you and that you like being around. Maybe you should get some- they'd totally help you lose your wrinkles." I sent her a smile drenched with loathing, and slipped my hands around Jett's waist and linked my arm through Gabe's. "School's shit. Can we go somewhere fun now?"

"CORA MARIE HART! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED HOME UNTIL YOU REALISE THE MONSTER THAT YOU HAVE TURNED INTO!" mum yelled after me, and I flipped her off rudely, turning to Jett.

"Um, hell no," he said quickly, knowing what I was about to ask him.

"Pretty please! I need a place to stay, and it's convenient because all of my shit's at your place any way! Please Jett? Please?" I whined, and he shook his head stubbornly.

"I told you last night! You could only stay for one night!"

"Cora, you can stay at my place, if you want. It's way better than Jett's apartment, and you could have your own bed," Gabe offered, and I opened my mouth to accept, but Jett covered it with his hand.

"Fine, you can stay at my place," Jett said, and Gabe and I shared an amused look, as I pried his hand off my mouth.

"Jealous much?" Gabe and I said at the same time, and Jett said we should go fuck ourselves.

Gabe's not bad. For a friend of Jett's, he's not bad at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, there's a nice new character for you: Gabriel Lewis, Jett's side-kick and angelic counterpart.
Yep, yep, he's a gorgeous boy as well! So very bangable haha ;]
Ah, two sexy boys to write about now!
But on a more serious note (ah, who am I kidding. I'm not a serious person at all! :3), please subscribe and/or comment!
Thanks so much to all you commenters and subscribers :] I love you all to bitssss!
Again, I hope you all have a fantastic New Year's day with lots of happiness!
xx Amber