Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

Steal Me Away

Jett mounted his bike, revving it wildly, before speeding out of the school parking lot, earning stares from the students who were loitering outside with their friends. Gabe nudged me forward to a beat-up Dodge Challenger, though old it was still clean and neat, which I studied in awe.

"Wow, it's so cool," I tell gabe honestly, looking at the black paint job, and at the red and white stripe running from the front of the car to the back. Gabe laughed, and ruffled my hair, sliding in..

"Come on, or Jett will beat us," Gabe said, and I nodded, jumping in and clipping up my seat belt. Gabe peeled out of the drive-way safely... but the rest of the ride was nothing safe. I was practically screaming for my life as he tore the road apart, going way past the speed limit as he screeched around sharp corners and weaved past car after car.

"G-Gabe! I never thought you'd be this scary in a vehicle!" I yelled, and he grinned, as we saw Jett in the distance.

"Jett and I race a lot, so I've had practise. And I know where all the speed cameras are," he added, and I rolled my eyes grinning. We were silent for a while, just listening to the soft music of Her Bright Skies in the back ground,until Gabe opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it again.

"Gabe? Where you going to say something?" I asked, curious. He nodded, glancing at me before focusing on the road again.

"Jett... he's not a bad guy, you know. All those things people say about him... most of them aren't true. Sure, the guy does drugs and drinks, but lots of kids these days do. He got into some fights, but he always has a good reason to beat someone up. He's not a bad guy. I was just making sure you knew that," Gabe told me honestly, glancing at me again.

"Gabe, if he were truly bad, then do you think I would stay the night at his place? Hell, I'd be running for my life right now if I thought he'd try to kill me," I said, laughing. "I know he's not bad, maybe a little hot-headed but he really only gets pissed when I purposely do something to get him wound up. He can be pretty sweet, too. When he wants to, that is."

"You're not a bad girl," Gabe told me, chuckling. "I think you're the first girl who's not scared to piss him off. I may end up liking you."

"Wh-wha..." I gaped, as he slowed next to where Jett had parked his bike. Gabe got out first, but before I could open the door myself he had hopped around and opened it for me, bowing in a gentlemanly fashion as he helped me out, his boyish smile adorning his face. I blushed a little, and slipped my hand in his as he hoisted me out of my seat.

"Like I said, I could end up liking you," he repeated, winking attractively. "I might just have to steal you away from the bastard over there." I was flustered as we walked over to Jett, who eyed us suspiciously. Either that was a confession of love... or I was high. Maybe he drugged those sandwiches or something. No, because the guys are totally fine. I guess he really did...

"What did you do to her?" Jett sighed tiredly, as if Gabe always hit on Jett's girlfriends. "What's with you and hitting on my girlfriends?" Oh. I guess he didn't mean what he said then...

"But Cora isn't your girlfriend, technically," Gabe defended, as he pulled me into his side. Jett looked like he was about to punch Gabe, but gritted his teeth and shrugged. My stomach dropped in disappointment. I had thought Jett liked me ever since the kiss, since he had been acting a little jealous, but I guess I thought wrong. "I'm just fucking with you, Jett." Gabe then nudged me towards Jett, winking.

I linked my arm with Jett's, and he looked down at me, surprised. "What are you..."

"Though we're not a real couple, we can at least pretend," I said, smiling. He rolled his eyes, but placed his arm over my shoulders as usual, pulling me close.

"You're such a virgin," he told me, and I scoffed.

"And proud to be one, shithead. Gabe! Help me! He's trying to take away my innocence!" I yelled, and Gabe popped out from behind us as Jett smirked. God knows what he's thinking about, but I get a feeling it's something I don't want to know about.

"I think it's too late for me to save you, honey. I think you lost you innocence when you first asked him to go out with you. Honestly, Cora, I think only seriously dereanged people would ask this mother fucker out, no offense."

"True," I agreed, laughing. "So, where to? Movie? Arcade?"

"Nope," Gabe said, popping the 'P'. "Shopping."

"Shopping? You? Jett?" I asked incredulously, remembering yesterday's shopping trip which consisted of me walking around and choosing shit while Jett stood outside chain smoking. Jett was definitely not a shopping kind of guy. But Gabe kind of did, when he pulled out a wad of cash from his back pocket. "Please tell me you didn't steal that."

"Honey, unlike Jett, I have more graceful ways of getting money," he said, earning a grumble from Jett. "My parents are loaded. The gave me a credit card and give me lots of allowance money, so I don't think I need to rob any banks any time soon."

"Oh, that's good to hear. So, what are we shopping for anyway?"

"Well, there is a party tonight... and you're going. I'm guessing you don't own any nice dresses... since your mum does dress like that," he added, his face scrunching up. "Jett told me you used to dress like that. I'm so glad you changed, honey, because that woman was nasty."

"I totally agree. But... party? Like... a party party, with booze and drugs and sex?" I asked, and Jett chuckled, pinching my cheek lightly.

"Yes, idiot. A party party where I am finally going to get laid," Jett said, taking a drag of his nearly devoured cigarette. My heart froze, and I frowned. Okay. I'm not going to lie. I like Jett. A whole lot, but clearly he didn't really like me in that sense. Friends, sure, we were friends... but a couple was totally out of the picture. We kissed and we held hands and all that lovey-dovey shit, but there were no feelings attached. Now we were going to a party where he was going to impregnate some slut whilst I will probably drown myself in alcohol whilst rubbing up against some horny guy with two dicks.

"Don't worry, Cora," Gabe says, ruffling my hair. "I'll be there, so we can hang out." Gabe's words lifted my spirits, and I nodded, as he dragged me into a dress store... which I gaped at.

"Fuck. No," I stated simply, and both Jett and Gabe started laughing. "Do you want me to look like a porn star? I am not wearing any of these skimpy cleavage showing pussy bearing dresses! Fuck! They're not even dresses! They're like fucked up leather shirts that barely cover shit!"

"Woah, calm down honey,"Gabe teased, taking me out of the store, which I realised was called 'Skimpy Sally'. What the fuck?

"Like I said, you are such a virgin," Jett called, and I flipped him off half-heartedly, as we walked into a normal store. Jett muttered something after that, but it was too soft to hear.

"Okay. Let's find you a nice dress that will make Jett proud," Gabe told me, winking, as we started sorting through the racks.

I wonder what will happen at the party tonight. i have a feeling it will be... eventful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!
I personally didn't like this chapter as much...
It's probably because I'm really distaracted and multi-tasking...
Emailing, watching TV, eating and painting my nails at the same time is kinda difficult haha
Please comment and subscribe! :]
xx Amber

p.s. I wonder what Jett said at the end... and does Gabe really like Cora? Maybe. Probably. ;]