‹ Prequel: Trapped
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Temporary

A New Life

-9 months later-

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

We’ve been in Boston for a little under 9 months now. Jimmy and I were living in a nice house together, and things were actually going great, which was somewhat surprising. I thought he would have burned it down or something from the numerous times he’s tried to cook for me, and failed…badly. By fail, I mean bacon that crumbles to your touch, and eggs that just don’t look like eggs. I was asleep with Jimmy in bed; I hadn’t been able to sleep all night with this massive bump in my stomach. We found out it was going to be a boy, and Jimmy and I were still arguing on the name. He’s still going for Nosferatu, and I am not naming my child that. We were woken up by the furious pounding on the door.

“Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, I’m not here,” Jimmy said, and ran out of the bedroom door, disappearing somewhere in the house. I was unfortunately faced with the option to go downstairs and tell whoever had the nerve to pound on my door that loud to go stuff their head in a bear trap. I was grumpy, tired, and almost due. I waddled – yes, waddled – down the stairs to the door, and opened it to Matt.

“Where is he,” He roared, ripping past me.

“Hey, yeah, pregnant woman over here,” I said, closing the door behind me. He ran up the stairs, each foot step sounding like the ceiling was falling down. I mentally cursed him, and started my journey back up the stairs. I was at the top, and Jimmy nearly ran into me, as he swiftly turned around and used my as a shield. I turned to look into Jimmy’s eyes, giving him the ‘I swear if you fuck with me right now I will rip your head off’ look, and he straightened up.

“Where is it,” he said, very low and threateningly.

“Where’s what,” Jimmy asked with an over dramatically innocent voice.

“You mean the dick up your ass? I’m pretty sure it’s still there,” I put my hand on my hip, not appreciating the uproar, when all I wanted was sleep.

“No, his teddy bear,” Jimmy started chuckling, and I thought he was going to choke.

“Teddy….bear….I never saw Matt with a teddy bear,” I looked back at Jimmy, and put my hand on his forehead, “Baby, are you okay?” I felt for some heat in his forehead, and he shook his head.

“He’s been stuffing it in his crotch the whole time. It’s small, and it’s dressed up like a clown,” Jimmy started laughing again. I looked back at Matt, and crooked an eyebrow at him.

“So, that’s your sexuality, then,” I said, trying to hold back the giggles made from my bad joke. Matt’s face grew red, and he started looking constipated.

“At least I have a dick,” he roared.

“Oh Matt, I can definitely say the same for Jimbo, here,” I patted Jimmy’s shoulder, “Now both of you shut the hell up, or I’m kicking you both out,” I said sweetly before going to the bathroom to take a shower. I guess sleep was going to be out of the question, so I was going to go and see Harper. She was living with Zacky down the street from us, and I liked to walk over there. I got out, and put on my stupid maternity jeans and my stupid maternity clothes, so I was array in yet another stupid maternity outfit. I really hated being fat, not to mention I had to pee like, every 3 seconds. I grumbled at my reflection and put my hair up into a loose ponytail. I had to get it redone so that it was all still bright red. I quickly did my makeup before I walked out and slipped on my green converse. Jimmy and Matt were still arguing, so I silently slipped out of the door, and walked over to Harper’s house. It was around noon, so I hoped they would be awake. I knocked softly, and heard footsteps as Zacky came and opened up the door. We were on really good terms since I was always over.

“Parks,” his face brightened up, and he stepped back allowing me to come in, “Harper’s playing the Playstation. She hasn’t left it in about 24 hours, and I’m starting to think that Matt did something to her, because she won’t even look at me, she just, plays that stupid thing,” he said as we walked to the recreational room they had upstairs. He helped me walk up the stupid steps, and I mentally cursed him.

“Once I have this kid, I’m getting in shape, and I’m throwing you down these steps,” I threatened, and he chuckled.

“Yeah, okay,” he grinned. I walked into the room, where Harper was sitting in a bean bag chair right in front of the TV, junk food piled up beside her as she played the game. I sighed, as I went around the TV, and unplugged it.

“WHAT THE FUCK, ZACKY,” she got up and came to me and started feeling around my face, before she made a movement to playfully slap me. I ducked before she could come into contact with me.

“Wrong person, sis,” I said, ready to hit her back if needed.

“Oh shit, Parker? Sorry, I haven’t even blinked in the past day,” she said, and almost tripped as she tried to walk towards me to give me a hug.

“I’ll go get the eye drops,” Zacky slipped out, probably to the bathroom.

“Oh fuck. Eye drops,” Parker sighed, “Help me to the fucking couch,” she reached her hand out and I led her to the green fabricated couch. I laid her down and Zacky came in with the bottle, and handed it to me.

“I’ll hold her down, you put in the drops,” he instructed. I knew how Harper’s always been with eye drops, and it was just a horrible mess. He held down her body, and I squirted the clear liquid into her eyes as she squirmed around. She was finally able to blink, now. She looked over at me, and then to my face.

“Are you pissing your pants,” she asked me, and I looked down, and put my head in my hands.

“God damn it. That’s my water,” I muttered, and Zacky and Harper were instantly helping me down the stairs.

“Call an ambulance,” Harper instructed Zacky.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

“Fine, here, teddy crotch,” I threw the small bear at him.

“Next time I will not hesitate to rip your balls off,” he threatened me.

“Good, because I think one child is enough,” I told him, and then I heard ambulance sirens, “I wonder what happened this time,” I said. There were always sirens going off here. It was a crazy cluster fuck. The sirens got lower, but they didn’t disappear, and right after that, my phone started ringing. My phone revealed Zacky’s name, and I gulped. What if this was it…

I answered the call, and almost dropped my phone at what Zacky had said, “Her water broke, man. The ambulance is about to leave with her, so I would suggest going to the hospital,” he said. I nodded, even though he couldn’t see me, and I ran upstairs to get a pair of pants on, so I wasn’t in my boxers. I pulled on my sneakers, and grabbed the car keys as I ran out of the house, leaving a confused Matt to do whatever the hell he wanted to do in there. I was scared shitless, because I was about to be a fucking father. I was still scared of the way my girlfriend even looked at me sometimes. I got in my car, and noticed Matt’s car was in my way, so I just drove over the front lawn. Miraculously, I was driving right behind the ambulance, which was very good, because I had no fucking clue on where the damn hospital was. Apparently it was only 5 minutes away. I quickly parked the car and locked it as I ran over to where they were taking Parker out of the back of the emergency vehicle.

“It’s okay, baby, I’m here,” I grabbed her hand as the rolled her in on a wheelchair.

“It’s about damn time. I thought I was going to be going through this by myself,” she said, grumpily. My phone beeped, and I checked it to look at the text I had gotten from Zacky, telling me that Harper and all of the guys were coming to the hospital.

“Are you the husband,” the nurse asked me, stopping me to progress along with Parker.

“I’m the boyfriend, and the father,” I said, and she handed me a pair of scrubs in a mint green color.

“Do you have any other colors,” I asked, not wanting to look like toothpaste. She shook her head and pointed to a bathroom for me to put the scrubs on. I started laughing at my appearance. I don’t think I’ve seen anything more funny, and I hoped it would put a smile on Parker’s face, too. The nurse was waiting for me outside, and led me to where Parker was. She was on a bed, now in a hospital gown. It was white with little blue flowers all over it, and I was right. She started laughing at my appearance. I went over and grabbed her hand, “Just for you,” I leaned down and softly kissed her.

“I’m scared,” she said, just above a whisper.

“Don’t be, baby daddy here to the rescue,” I winked at her, causing another laugh to erupt from her body. It had been hours, and I started getting more nervous every time that hole thing got bigger, I think it was called dilation? The doctors offered a brief explanation, and I declined pretty quickly. There was a child coming from my girlfriend’s whistling eye, and that’s all I needed to know.

“Mr. Sullivan?” The nurse came in, “There are a bunch of idiots in the waiting room wanting to talk to you,” she scoffed, so I guessed everybody was here. The waiting room was right out of the door, and everybody was grouped around. Brian was the first one to see me, and he busted out into laughter, followed by everybody else. I just stood and stared at all of them, until they decided to calm down.

“You look like toothpaste,” Zacky managed to see, and I scowled.

“Classic,” Harper said, laughing like a seal. I just stood there with a blank expression.

“Oh come here, you look sexy,” Brian came up to me, and made humping motions. I kicked him in the groin and he doubled over.

..::Zacky’s P.O.V::..

Jimmy was called back into the room after a few hours, apparently the baby was about to come out. There was a lot of yelling coming from that room. I was willing to bet it was Jimmy. There was one final scream before Jimmy ran through the door and towards the bathroom that was right next to us. We could hear him throwing up ,and then reappeared from the room. He took one final look at us before he fainted. Harper got down, and started slapping at his face, and he came around pretty quickly.

“There’s blood. And babies. And screaming, and,” He gagged, and quickly got up, and started throwing up again. Harper looked over at me.

“I swear, if you ever get me pregnant, I will chop your dick off,” she threatened me, and I nodded. Jimmy came back out.

“Well, I’m going to go back in there, now,” he said, and stood exactly where he was.

“Aren’t you going back in,” Matt said, a grin crawling across his face.

“Yeah, right now,” Jimmy said, and remained where he was, I could see the beading sweat on his forehead. I whistled, breaking the silence.

“Just wait till’ Parker gets a hold of you when she found out you ditched,” I said, and he was immediately going through the door.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..
Holy hell. I was a father now. Parker was holding her son – our son.

“What are we going to name him,” Parker looked up at me with wide eyes. I remembered in elementary school how close she was with her father, and how torn up she was when he died. I thought there was only one option to go with, to make her truly happy.

“Kellin,” I repeated her father’s name. A tear slipped down her cheek, and I wiped it away with my thumb, and kissed her. She made a disgusted face.

“You taste like barf,” she said, and I grinned.

“I know,” I wanted to laugh, but we both looked back at Kellin.

“Kellin James Sullivan,” she looked up at me, and now I wanted to cry. Holy fuck, I had a kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is the beginning to the end of Saleigh and I.
For those of you who are reading this, thank you SO very much for sticking with us through the first installment of this story. It really means a lot to us.
We just hope all of you are brave enough to stick with us through Temporary, because man, is it a thrill ride.

xoxo, Shannon.