‹ Prequel: Trapped
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Temporary

News

Temporary Chapter 11. News.

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

I’m glad I handed Kellin to Brian, otherwise, I probably would have dropped him, “He….what,” I could feel my eyes threatening to pour out the liquid poison called tears, something which we’ve all seemed to see a lot lately.

“It’s rejecting, and…he has the virus,” he looked down, unable to face me.

“Oh my god,” my voice got higher, and cracked. I felt a pair of arms around me, and because of the height, I knew that it was Harper. I turned into her to hug her back, greeted by Johnny’s face. A scream erupted from me as I jumped back.

“Well, fuck, just trying to be an ‘adult’,” he said, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, “I’m so sorry,” he whispered. I was only about an inch over him, but almost as short. Harper and I just didn’t have the capability to be tall, okay? My tears soaked Johnny’s t-shirt as they poured down my face, uncontrollably. I was happy for Harper, she wasn’t going to lose Zacky, but I was going to lose Jimmy, the father of my son, the love of my life. He rubbed my back in a comforting gesture, trying to calm me down. I was going to lose him forever.

“You can come back and see him. I’m sure he has some time,” the doctor said in a barely audible voice. I shook my head and wiped my tears away as I let go of Johnny. I went to go get Kellin, and Brian looked at my strangely.

“You think it’s safe,” he asked me.

“If he’s going to die, or turn, or what the fuck ever, he’s at least going to see his son for the last time,” I said calmly, picking him up from Brian’s hands. I followed the doctor into the double doors, and through the ICU rooms, where I was led to the one with Jimmy. He was awake, staring at the ceiling. His eyes darted towards me as he gulped.

“No, don’t come near me, you’ll be a fuckin’….thingy,” he said, bringing humor into it. I walked slowly towards him, and he held out his hand, which I took, “I love you so much,” he whispered, and my tears escaped again. He grabbed a light hold on my chin to bring my face closer, and used his thumb to wipe the tears away, “Please don’t cry,” his voice wasn’t hoarse, at least not yet.

“I-I love you, too,” I said silently, looking him in the eyes. He leaned up to kiss me, tenderly this time.

“And to think this morning we were in each other’s arms care free on our dirty ass living room carpet,” a smirk crawled over his face, that comment only making the pain even worse. I couldn’t talk from how hurt I was, “Can I hold Kellin,” he asked.

“You’re not going to eat him, are you,” I asked, trying to be somewhat humorous about this, then I wanted to punch myself in the face for saying it. To my surprise, he was laughing. I went over and got Kellin from the baby carrier, and handed him to Jimmy. A bright smile crawled appeared on his face, and I tried to enjoy the moment I was having. Jimmy scooted over, giving me space to sit down with him, and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

“I really wanted to be here for your two,” he told me, and I traced imaginary pictures on his bicep with my pointer finger, “I was even going to, uh…teach him how to play drums. Yeah, that’s what I was going to do,” I looked at his face, and I could always tell when he was lying. I wasn’t going to question him, so I just snaked my arms around his waist. We sat like that for a few hours until I started drifting off to sleep.

“Ms. O’klimin,” the doctor silently shook my shoulder until I woke up.

“Hmm,” I asked. I had forgot the fact that we were in a hospital until I looked around. I was in Jimmy’s arms, but where was Kellin, “Where’s my child,” I said, looking around.

“Your sister took him home,” he said, and I felt a little bit more calm. Jimmy was wide awake, and just looking at me. His hand was on my back as I shot up.

“I’ve got some…interesting news,” the doctor said, and I cocked my head, “I called the science facility where they made the cure. They knew about the vaccine vanishing, and they may have a new one. Now, if it works, Mr. Sullivan will be perfectly fine, if not, he would die anyways,” he said, trying to reassure me. It didn’t work. I took a deep breath in.

“I’ll do it,” Jimmy spoke up from behind me, sitting up.

“You’ll be leaving right away,” he told him, and Jimmy nodded.

“Any chance to be able and stay here,” he said.

“I’ll give you two a few moments alone,” the doctor said right before walking out. Jimmy strode over to the side of the bed I was on and put his hands on my neck, bringing me into an extremely passionate kiss.

“Parker,” he said, his tone serious, “If I don’t come back, just know how much I love you, and Kellin, and how much you mean to me. I’m doing this so maybe I can stay here with you, and be there for you, and for our son,” he kissed me again, then pulled away slowly, “But if I don’t come back,” this was when the tears kicked in for the both of us, “I want you to move on. You’ll find some other guy that you’ll love, and will love Kellin almost as much as I did, but dwelling on me will only hurt you worse, and that’s the last thing I want. You are the most important person in my life,” he brought me into his arms where I let out my cries. When I eventually calmed down enough to talk, I took his hands in my face.

“Nobody could ever replace you, I love you so much,” I told him, my voice almost a whisper. Tears started spilling down his face and I kissed each and every one of them away.

“Mr. Sullivan,” The doctor was now in the doorway, and we both looked at him. Jimmy looked back at me, giving me a quick goodbye.

“I’ll always be with you,” he whispered, then kissed my forehead. I sat there on the edge of the bed crying silently, my head in my hands. I couldn’t take this, I couldn’t take any of it. I curled up into the bed, trying to catch his sent on the sheets. While not a pleasant sent from his lack of hygiene, it was still his. My chest hurt from how much I was crying. I was losing the love of my life, and the worst part about it was it wasn’t anybody’s choice. I could get mad at Zacky and blame it on him, but he didn’t have that control, and blaming him wouldn’t help me feel better, and it would possibly ruin my relationship with him, and my sister. I cried until I passed out in a horrible attempt to forget everything.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

I was no aboard the helicopter to go to the facility that would decide my fate. I really hoped this would work, so I could go back home. There was so much I was going to do, so much I kept from Parker in those few hours. I didn’t want to hurt her more, I only wanted her to know how much she meant to me. I hope I got that point across. I hate to see her cry, no matter the condition I’m in. Not to mention I would have to get back to my son. I took my phone out of my pocket, attempting to get in contact with Parker. She hadn’t replied until just know. Actually, Brian replied, telling me she was asleep, and he was taking her home from the hospital. If my suspicions were true, at least she would have somebody there with her when I’m gone. If he ever hurt her, I would come back and haunt the fuck out of that bastard. No, I couldn’t think like that. I had to be absolutely positive about all of this, even if I was being a scientific guinea pig. It took about an hour and a half to arrive at the facility since it was a lot closer to us than we thought. We landed on top of the building, and they took my down the stairs, and placed me in a completely white room. Everything was white, and bright. I’m guessing it would be for observation purposes.

“Mr. James Sullivan,” a woman in a white lab coat approached me, “we’ll have to start immediately,” they placed me on a stretcher, and started immediately putting me to sleep.

..::Brian’s P.O.V::..

No matter how much I wanted to be with her, Jimmy couldn’t leave her. It was obvious that he was the one she loved. I tucked her in her bed after I fed Kellin and put him to sleep. Then there was Kellin, he would never know his father, who was a great guy, no matter what my thoughts because of my jealousy towards him. I started walking away when somebody grabbed my hand. Somebody being Parker.

“Don’t leave me here alone,” she whispered, her voice strained.

“Okay,” I said quietly, and kicked my shoes over to crawl over her and put my arm over her waist. I would have to be here for her, I wanted to be here for her, for Kellin. All I hoped was that this thing would work for Jimmy. The doctor explained the situation to me since I offered to stay for a few hours and take her home, and Johnny and Harper left. I wanted to be able to fall asleep so bad, but I was a nervous wreck. Jimmy was my best friend, I needed him here. I had been lying to him, sneaking around his back to try and sweep his girlfriend off of his feet. I tear snuck up on my, and I didn’t wipe it away once it found it’s way down my face. I loosened my grip on her, because this wasn’t fair to him. I was only here right now because she didn’t want to be alone, not because I loved her so very much.

..::Third Person P.O.V::..

Jimmy lay on the operation table, completely unconscious. Before they attempted this vaccination, they would have to completely replace the cells in his heart, and cut out some of the minor infected veins. They would have to do this procedure once every week so that eventually all of the blood in his body would be clean, and he would be back to normal. He would have to receive this new vaccination every day. They had some of the top surgeons here to perform this dangerous procedure. They started cutting into Jimmy’s chest right over his heart, until they were in the heart itself, and carefully started the procedure to replace the cells in his heart. They got done and stitched him back up, hoping this new way of trying to rid him of the virus.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

I woke up, a strong pain in my chest. What did these people do to me? I tried to sit up, but it wasn’t helping the pain, “Hello,” I called out. I saw the windows, and I knew they were observing me, so they could hear me.

“Yes, Mr. Sullivan,” a male voice called through the speaker.

“Yeah, since I’m basically being your bitch here, can I have my phone,” I asked, the light blinding.

“I’ll have somebody bring it in,” the voice said again. I was going to attempt to call Parker. Hopefully I got signal, hopefully she would answer.

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

I didn’t have the energy to move from the bed. Johnny and Brian were over here attempting to help so I wouldn’t have to get up constantly. Usually I would be very uneasy about Johnny holding my child. The fact that my phone starting ringing didn’t make me move any faster. My ringtone was over Jimmy seeing a song about grapes in the mouth, and made my heart numb. I slowly reached for the damn thing, and pressed call.

“Hello,” I said bluntly through the receiver.

“Baby,” I heard Jimmy’s voice, and I sat up immediately.

“Oh my fuck, are you okay,” I asked him.

“Yeah,” he sounded like he was in pain, “They did this procedure on me, to my heart. They said there’s a chance it will work, and take out all of the infected cells, replacing them with new cells. I might come home,” his words, and only his words, were able to put hope in me.

“I miss you so much,” I said, tears started pouring from my face.

“Believe me, I miss you more. I’d rather have you in my arms than being in this place. Hell, I’d rather get up a billion times to change a smelly fucking diaper than be here, it sucks,” he said, causing a small laugh to escape my lips.

“I’d rather you be here to get up a billion times to change a diaper instead of me than be there, too,” I said, jokingly.

“I love you,” he said.

“I love you, too,” I told him, trying not to let tears escape. Though there was a chance he’d escape this alive, there was a chance he wouldn’t, too.

“They have some tests to run, and medicine to give me and shit, I’ll call you tonight,” he assured me. We said our goodbyes, making them longer than usual, and hung up. Brian walked in with breakfast.

“I heard you were on the phone with Jimmy. How’s he doing?” he asked, sitting by me.

“He might live,” I said, smiling through my tears.

“I’m so happy,” he jumped up, doing a small little dance, “but, please eat that. I don’t know if it’s edible, but it was the best I could do,” he told me, and I looked down at the food.

“It’s better than the time Jimmy cooked for me,” I choked up at saying his name, and started crying again. Brian sat beside me and held me, running his hands through my hair. Somehow, everybody seemed to know that this calmed me, it had since elementary school.

“It will be okay, you said it yourself, he’ll come home healthy,” I noticed that I wasn’t as reassure when he had said that. I nodded my head, and forced down the food on my plate.

..::Third Person P.O.V::..

For the next few weeks, the procedure was run, each time, the infection seemed to be less and less. There was a possibility that it was actually getting rid of the virus in his body, but his body seemed to be getting much worse. He ate less, he had less energy, but they were opening his heart every week and replacing the cells. The biggest concern now was that his body wouldn’t shut down before he had the chance to get healthy again. Parker seemed to get a little better each time she talked to Jimmy, knowing that he was getting better, but it even frightened her that he was becoming more weak. She wanted the father of her child to be there, he was her best friend, the person she loved more than anything, and to have him slip right out from underneath her fingers seemed to be unbearable. Brian was always over helping her out, and she started feeling…strange around him. Not a bad strange, a good strange, yet still a wrong strange. She would find herself more giddy every time he came over, and a little more lonely every time he left. He often stayed over, but he slept on the couch, still. She doubted she had any feelings for him, but even if she did, Jimmy was still the love of her life. He was going to get better, and Parker was going to make sure of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
A thanks to our readers and subscribers, and a special thanks to our commenters;
shortygirl
a7x_foREVer12
NME_foREVer_6661

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I remember having to write this chapter. I was in a deep thought process for DAYS trying to fix what this CUNT started. So I had to make up so RIDICULOUS thing to try and save Jimmy because Saleigh has got this problem with Revenge. Through this WHOLE story, we were giving each other HORRIBLE cliffhangers, and yes, we get just as pissy as you. I mean, try and take one of OUR cliffhangers, and having to WRITE from it. It's like murder. Not only that, but she was silently fighting for Matt this WHOLE entire story.

/sigh. Bitches. Lol, Saleigh, I still love you.

xoxo, Shannon.