‹ Prequel: Trapped
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Temporary

For Better Or For Worse

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

Everybody, excluding Parker and Kellin, were at Matt’s house. It had been a week since they came home, dirty, disgusting, and gross. Apparently a tree had caved in or something, I’m not sure. Now that they were safe, the only thing I could really focus on was Parker. She’s changed, for the worst. She wasn’t the Parker I loved, the Parker I had a beautiful son with, or the Parker I asked to marry me. Something wasn’t right. I wasn’t scared of her, not as much as everybody was. I was scared about what would happen to us, though. I can’t say that I would stay with her if this was how she wasn’t going to act for the rest of her life. Suddenly, Matt’s phone started ringing, and his eyes went wide at the caller ID. I was curious as to who it was, as I’m sure some of the other guys were because of the way they looked at him. He looked unsure before he finally decided to answer it.

“Y-yes,” he sounded nervous, and after a minute or two, his face turned into concern. I heard crying on the other line, and now everybody else in the room was trying to listen into it. He noticed this, so he got up and left the room. Everybody looked at each other, and then shrugged it off. It wasn’t good to be nosy around here, because you always seemed to find out something you really shouldn’t have. He came running downstairs while putting on his jacket, “I’m going over to a friend’s house for a small bit, I’ll be back, you guys can stay here. Just don’t fuck everything up,” he said, pleading on the last part. He left us alone in his house, and a smirk grew on Johnny’s face.

“I’ll go get the spray paint,” he said.

..::Matt’s P.O.V::..

I backed out of the driveway and headed down to Parker’s house. She called me, bawling her eyes out. I was trying to talk to her, but I couldn’t understand her, so I found it best that I just went over there and talked to her. I pulled into her driveway, and slowly walked to her front door. To sum it up, she’s been a bitch lately, and I didn’t want to get shot. Lately, some things have happened, and I’ve started liking life a hell of a lot better. I knocked on the door a few times, and the bolt clicked, and the door opened. There stood Parker, tears flowing down her face. Maybe she’s cracked out of her state. This seemed more like the Parker we all knew.

“What’s wrong,” I asked, and she stepped aside for me to come in, and shut the door behind me.

“I’m fucking everything up,” she sobbed as she leaned her back on the door, and slid down to the floor. She was cuddling to her knees, and I couldn’t just leave her there.

“Come on,” I picked her up and brought her over to the couch, sitting her down at the end. I sat next to her and held her, still scared that maybe she would try and kill me, “You’re not fucking everything up. You’re just…okay, maybe you are, but you can still fix it,” I tried to assure her, and failed miserably.

“No I can’t,” she sobbed, her shoulders shaking as she let out her cries.

“Yeah, you can. I’ll help you,” I promised her, “Just, tell me what’s up,” I pulled away to look at her.

“She broke me, Matt,” she looked into my eyes, and looked helpless, “I was sick of being pushed around. S-she’s mad that I tried to take her off of life su-support,” she managed to say, “If I didn’t, they would. They told me that. T-they said that if I didn’t tell them to pull the plug b-by the next week, t-they were going to,” she told me. Harper was pretty messed up that Parker did that, “I tried to talk it out with her, and s-she just hit me, t-then told me she hated me,” she sobbed even harder.

“And what about you going over and beating the living shit out of her,” I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“I was just going to yell at her, Matty. She threw the first punch,” she told me, and I guess you couldn’t really blame her for defending herself, “after that fight, I was so miserable. I-I didn’t want to be alive. I b-blocked you all out,” she told me, clutching my shirt tighter.

“Maybe we could get you to a therapist. I’m sure that would solve a lot of things,” I suggested, and she looked down briefly before looking back up, and nodded slowly.

“That would probably help out a lot,” she said, her voice becoming more stable now.

“Both you and Harper,” I went on. I wasn’t going to sugar coat it; Harper needed some therapy, too. She had a lot of problems, as well. Both needed to be cancelled out, and it was time we brought a professional into all of this.

“I’m sorry, about all of this,” she told me, her voice soft. I couldn’t stop myself from leaning down and pressing my lips against hers, and she didn’t pull away. Our mouths molded together, until we realized what we were doing. We instantly pulled away, “Oh-my-god-we-can-never-speak-of-this,” she said, and jumped up from the couch, “We have to pretend like that never happened,” she pointed a shaking hand at me, and I just stared at the floor in disbelief. What was going on with me?

“I am so sorry, Parks,” I whispered, and she nodded quickly.

“Forget about it. I, um, I’m going to go get ready, and we can go look for a therapist,” she told me, and I nodded. She left up the stairs. I couldn’t start to have more feelings for Parker. I couldn’t, not now. Not while she had a kid with one of my best fucking friends, who she was also engaged to. It just couldn’t happen. But I couldn’t lie to myself. I did, I did have feelings for her, and the ones I had for Harper just buried them deeper. I wouldn’t go all psycho lunatic over Parks, though. I actually had to keep my distance away from her. The things I did with Harper, not possible in this situation. God forbid I tear up two people who are planning on marriage. I waited silently as Parker was getting herself and Kellin ready. We were all worried about the poor kid, thinking Parker was going to eat him or something.

..::Zacky’s P.O.V::..

Nobody would talk about Parker. She was starting to scare us all, including me, but It’s hard to sit here while everybody is talking about Parker randomly beating the fuck out of Harp. In all honesty, Harper did throw the first punch, though Parker was kind of hostile, and just barged into our house. I wouldn’t speak up about it, though, because I was scared of Harper, too, even though I loved her.

“I think I should go home,” Jimmy said, and trust me, he was very uncertain.

“Don’t do it,” Johnny taunted as he was spray painting something in the dining room. Probably something important and expensive.

“I should. I don’t want to piss her off even more,” he got up, “Wish me luck,” he gulped, and before he left, Brian got up, and gave him a hug.

“You were always my best friend. Remember that,” Brian said sincerely, and Jimmy frowned.

“Bye,” Jimmy said and then disappeared behind the door.

“Well, it was good knowing him,” Harper piped up. We all kind of sat in silence watching the Walking Dead on TV, and then we were scared shitless as Brian’s phone went off…which was a scream. Brian’s face fell at what he heard, and then he hung up.

“Parker’s gone,” he told us, and there were only silent grunts, “So is Kellin,” he continued.

“Oh my god, that poor kid,” Harper stood up, “we have to find him.”

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

We were at a psychiatric center, waiting for me to see somebody, a therapist I could talk to, and get back to my normal self. My phone started ringing, and it was pretty loud, and I looked around apologetically at all of the stares and death glares I was getting from people who were interrupted from their magazines. I quickly shuffled out of the room, leaving Matt with Kellin.

“Hello,” I asked as I answered the call.

“Parks, where are you,” Jimmy’s happy voice was fake, I knew, because I had been putting him through so much.

“I’m in the waiting room to see a therapist,” I said, “I have Kellin, and Matt’s here,” I told him.

“You’re…where,” he asked.

“I have some things I’ve got to sort out. It’s the psychiatric ward next to the hospital. I’m in the waiting room if you want to come down. I think you should,” I looked down at my dirty converse.

“I’ll be there,” he told me, seeming like he was about to get off the phone.

“Jimmy,” I piped up, and tears threatened.

“Yeah,” he asked, indifferently.

“I love you,” I squeaked.

“I love you, too,” his voice seemed different as he said this. I placed my phone back in my pocket as I re-entered the waiting room. I sat down with Matt, but not too close. That kiss left me very unsettled. I’m not denying anything, or lying, when I tell you I have absolutely no feelings for him, other than the fact that he’s one of my best friends. I was caught by surprise, to say the least, and it was something I wanted to just forget about. Each time the door opened, I looked to see who came in, and after twenty minutes passed, I was getting scared that maybe Jimmy was officially fed up with me, and didn’t care. I stopped looking at the people coming in the door, and eventually, I saw the sleeve tattoos of the guy that I had fallen in love with.

“Hey,” I said, forcing a smile on my face.

“Hey you,” he looked at me with love, and it made me certain that talking to this person would do me good, “So what talked you into coming here,” he asked, and I nodded to Matt.

“He suggested it,” I admitted, and Jimmy weighed it around in his head.

“I agree with him,” he smiled, causing me to fake a pout onto my face. He kissed me on the tip of the nose, and I heard my last name being called out.

“Sigh,” I said, getting up and grabbing Kellin’s baby carrier. Matt and Jimmy followed me to the room of the psychiatrist I would be talking to. It was a big room, and mostly everything was a crème color, except for the big green couch in the middle of the room. Across from the couch was a man in a chair, notebook and pen ready. He smiled as he gestured towards the huge couch, where all three of us sat, and I placed the carrier down in front of me as I sat in between the two guys.

“Hello. I’m Dr. Covnerse. You must be Ms. Parker O’klimin,” he said, flashing a smile, and I nodded, “Well, let’s start off with why you’re here,” he said, getting his pen and pad ready.

“I’ve been a bitch lately, because I’m tired of my sister’s shit,” I said, bluntly, not caring about the swear words coming out of my mouth. He didn’t seem taking aback by my language, either.

“What is it exactly that she does,” he asked.

“She’s moody,” I said.

“And mean,” Jimmy came in.

“And bossy,” Matt added to the list.

“And disrespectful.”

“And hurtful.”

“And Sarcastic.”

“And sadistic.”

“Don’t forget unruly.”

“Or bitchy.”

“Dishonest.”

“Bitchy.”

“I see there are some problems you all have with her,” he chuckled, and we all nodded, “Well, maybe soon we can invite her in,” he suggested, “But go on, how exactly did you snap,” I went on about all that had happened, I told him about high school, and moving, and Zan and Terrance, and being trapped in Target, and how things have went since we got here. It was finally time for us to go ahead and leave. Jimmy, Kellin, and I drove back to the house, hopefully to have a good night for the first time in a little over a week. Jimmy and I put Kellin to bed, and I crawled into bed next to Jimmy, nuzzling my head into his neck.

“I love you so much,” I told him, making sure that he knew that.

“I love you so much more,” I taunted.

“Nope,” I teased, playing with his bellybutton. He rolled over on top of me swiftly, giving me kisses everywhere. He grabbed a small square of something from the nightstand, doing something with it under the covers. We didn’t sleep with clothes on, so he quickly shoved his length into me. After a while, he collapsed on top of me again.

“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxo, Shannon.