‹ Prequel: Trapped
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Temporary

*** Ups

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
I stood up just as Brian did, despite the silent complaints from my tired body, I rushed after him, stopping him at the door.

“Let go, Matt.” Brian instructed as I grabbed hold of his upper arm, keeping him from leaving.

“Who-who is it?” I stumbled over my words slightly, fighting the urge to yawn and pass out.

“Forget it.” Brian said, but I shook my head. Something was going on.

“No, tell me.” I demanded, worried about who this person might be.

“Nothing, fucking just forget about it, now let go of me!” He raised his voice, his mood suddenly turning harsh, and I let go of his arm, slightly shaken by his sudden outburst. He opened the door, and slammed it shut as he stormed out. ‘What would you do if you loved somebody you knew you couldn’t have’ His words echoed. He loves somebody he knows he can’t have. But who? I walked back over and sat down on the couch, staring towards the door. Surely it wouldn’t be Harper, would it? I know it can’t be Parker, he would never do such a thing to Jimmy. But what if it is? Or what if it is Harper? No, it’s not Harper, it can’t be. Harper’s mine. Mostly. Okay, she’s not mine, but close enough. Either way, someone will get crushed. If he was talking about Parker, then he’ll crush Jimmy, if he was talking about Harper he’ll be crushing Zacky, and me. Who knows, he may not have even been talking about Harper or Parker. I guess all I can do is just hope and pray that he wasn’t.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Brian’s POV*^
I sat in my car, and slammed my head against the steering wheel, grateful that the horn didn’t go off. Fuck that was stupid. I’m stupid. I can’t believe I did that. He’s suspicious now. God why did I have to fall for Parker? Why her? Especially now that she has a kid, with Jimmy. My best friend. I’m such a fuck up…

*^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Zacky’s POV*^
“Hello?! Harper?” I continued trying to get Harper’s attention, but she just stared at the TV, her fingers moving vigorously around the PlayStation controller. “Harper!” I yelled, trying to get her to notice that I was even in the room.

“Wh-” She stopped as she snapped her fingers around in quick motions to avoid being killed. “Wh-what do you need?” She asked, still not taking her eyes off of the screen.

“I need you to stop playing that game.” I said, but she didn’t acknowledge me. “I said, I NEED YOU TO STOP PLAYING THAT GAME!” I spaced out my words.

“Sure.” She said, and I rolled my eyes. I bent down and took her controller away, but she reached over to the console and grabbed another, switching it on and pressing a few more buttons before she was back in her game.

“Harper, can you just stop playing that game for two seconds?” I would actually really rather be stranded in that waiting room right now than watch Harp ruin her eyes with that stupid game. “You know what, fuck it. I’ll be over at Johnny’s if you ever need me.” She nodded.

“Y-yea.” She stuttered out, too wrapped up in her game to really pay me any attention.

“I’m leaving you, Harper, you make me sick, I hate you.” I tested to even see if she even heard what I said.

“Yep.” She said absentmindedly, and I walked out of the room and to the door, looking back one more time.

“Love you too.” I muttered, and walked out. I just needed some time to cool down. Once I closed the door I called Matt. He was the one that got her to start playing that game, so he’s the one that can get her to stop.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
I walked into Zacky’s and Harper’s place, not bothering to knock since I knew Zack was over at Johnny’s and Harper was burning her eyes out of her skull. I followed the sound of COD until I found Harper, sitting on the floor, her eyes glued to the TV.

“Harper, you-” I stopped talking. “Hello? Harper?” I thumped her in the head, but she just swatted my hand away. “Harper, you need to stop playing that game.” I said as calmly as possible. “Here, let me have this.” I tried to pry the controller out of her hands, but she wouldn’t let go. “HARPER!” I screamed, but she didn’t flinch. I sighed and walked out of the room and to the kitchen. I searched through cabinets until I found a large jug, then I went to the refrigerator and filled it up with ice cubes. I smiled as I walked back to Harper. I towered over her and shook her shoulder, trying once more to even see if she would say or do anything, but she didn’t. I dumped the ice on her and she cried, out, automatically dropping the controller and scrambling away.

“OH MY GOD, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” She yelled, shaking ice out of her shirt.

“You sitting in front of that damn game twenty four seven.” I said, and she sighed, and went to grab her controller, but I grabbed it first.

“Hey! Give it back!” She yelled, and I shook my head. I walked from the room, jug and controller in hand. I walked back to the kitchen, filled the jug up with water, then went back to Harper. I turned the light on, and she immediately shielded her eyes, but after a second she adjusted and looked at me.

“I’m sorry I have to do this.” I said, more to the controller than to Harper. I dropped the PS remote in the jug of water, and Harper’s mouth dropped.

“NO!” She yelled, and I mustered up a smile, trying not to reach in and grab it before it was damaged too much. “What…what the…how could you?” She asked, sounding hurt, and I looked around, stepping through garbage and over to her as I sat the jug on the floor. I grabbed her by her shoulders.

“Do you notice anything missing?” I asked, and she looked around, and then got a knowing look on her face. I nodded.

“Who took my other controller?” She asked, and I sighed, throwing my head back.

“No, do you notice anyone missing?” I rephrased my question. She shook her head.

“No, what’s your point?” She asked, and I tried not to get mad.

“Where’s Zacky?” I asked, and she pointed in the direction of the bedroom.

“He’s probably asleep.”

“You’re almost right. He is probably asleep.” She smiled a little. “On Johnny’s couch.” Her smile dropped. “I got a call from him about an hour ago to come over here. You and that game have run him off.” I said, and she looked genuinely hurt.

“I’ll go talk to him.” She said, but I stopped her before she could get to the door.

“No, not now, let him calm down some, talk to him in the morning.”

“But it is morning. It’s three thirty AM.” She said, and I shook my head.

“Sleep first, then go talk to him.” I said, and she nodded.

“Thanks for prying me away from that.” She said, motioning to the TV, and I smiled lightly.

“No problem.” I kissed her lightly on the lips, and she smiled as I pulled away.

“Night.” She said, and I watched her walk out of the room, and I sat down on the couch. I was here, alone with Harper. It’s taking so much restraint to not go crawl into bed with her.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Harper’s POV*^
I yawned as I got in bed, feeling bad about ignoring Zacky this afternoon. I don’t know what I’ll say to him tomorrow morning. I do know that I’m never playing that game again. Mostly because that I’m missing one controller, and second, Matt drowned my second controller in water. I will get him back for that. I need to start spending more time with Zacky, I really do. We haven’t been out to eat in god knows when, we haven’t had a nice talk in a while, we haven’t really done anything together in months. I feel like we’re both drifting apart. The bad part is that as we drift apart, I feel like I’m being drawn to Matt. Why do I suddenly feel like everything’s just fucked up now? I mean, I love Zacky, there’s no question in my mind about that, but now I’m starting to like Matt maybe a little more than I should. I just need to keep those feelings away.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Zacky’s POV*^
I was beginning to get tired of Harper’s shit. I could never stop loving her, but she really needed to stop being so childish. In a way, I hated saying it, but sometimes I felt like Johnny was my girlfriend. Because Harper seriously acts like a female version of him sometimes. Not as bad as Johnny, but still. It’s like as soon as we walk in the door, she goes and gets a shower, then goes straight to that damn game. I hope Matt was able to talk some sense into her, and get her to stop. For some reason, it seems Matt is one of the only people that can actually talk to her at times. She listens to him, almost like she listens to me, but more intently. I have a sick feeling in my stomach that that month she was almost constantly over at his house something more was formed other than an addiction to Call Of Duty. I don’t even want to let the thought cross my mind of what could have happened. Harper may be a little insensitive sometimes, but she would never do that to me, I know that for a fact. She’s just not cold hearted like that. She would never hurt me. Would she?

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Harper’s POV*^
I woke up the next morning, got a shower, and got dressed, but before I could get out the door I got distracted by a snore. I peeked into where it came from to see Matt passed out on the couch, snoring. I walked over and shook his shoulder.

“Morning.” He mumbled, and sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

“Is there a reason you’re asleep on my couch?” I asked and he sighed.

“Well, I take it you wanted me to drive home tired, and take the chance of getting in a wreck and dying?” He looked at me as he stood up, and I knew I had lost the fight.

“I guess not.” I said, and he smiled, and wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my cheek.

“I have to go talk to Zacky.” I said, and he nodded.

“I know. Maybe he’s cooled off a little bit now, he sounded kind of mad when I talked to him last night.” Matt said, and I sighed.

“Was he really that upset?”

“Sadly. He’s kind of sensitive about those types of things. You can’t just ignore him like that.” Matt mentioned, and I understood what he was saying. I pulled away from him, and took a deep breath.

“I feel bad about doing that now.” I admitted, and Mat sighed.

“I was the one that got you wrapped up in it.” He said, his voice sounding slightly hurt.

“It’s not your fault.” I stated, and leaned up and kissed him on the lips, and he kissed back, after a second, a little more into it than I had wanted him to be. I felt his arms lock around my waist, and I smiled slightly, enjoying the contact just a little too much.

“Hey, Z-” I pushed Matt away quickly at the voice, and looked over at the door at Jimmy as his mouth hung open slightly, eyes wide. I had to think quick. I ran over to him.

“Jimmy, thank god you’re here, he fucking attacked me!” I tried to cover, hoping he wouldn’t see through it. Matt looked at me like I had lost my mind, but he knew exactly why I had said it. Because if Zacky ever found out, we’d all be fucked.

“Jimmy, you say a fucking word and I’ll kill you.” Matt threatened, and I clung to Jimmy’s arm, trying to seem as scared as possible. Jimmy just stood there, surely confused as fuck, not knowing what to do.

“Harper, are you okay?” Jimmy finally asked after a second, and I shook my head. “Matt, get out.” Jimmy instructed, and Matt balled his fists, and stormed past us, Jimmy making sure to stay between us as he slammed the door.

“Thanks.” I said, and Jimmy looked down at me concerningly.

“A-” Jimmy was cut off as the door opened, and Zacky stepped in.

“Uh, what the hell is going on here?” Fuck.

“I just walked in, and Matt attacked Harper.” No! Jimmy, don’t tell him that!

“He what?!” Zacky asked, immediately coming to my side.

“I’m not even sure, I just came over to see if you and Harp wanted to ride with me back to the hospital.” Jimmy said.

“I just woke up, and found him asleep on the couch, and I woke him up, and then I was about to leave but he grabbed me, and kissed me, and wouldn’t let go.” I said frantically, and I could see Zack getting mad.

“Are you alright?” Zacky asked, and I hesitantly shook my head. Zacky stepped back to the door.

“Where are you going?” I asked, and watching as he opened the door.

“I’m going to kick Matt’s ass.” Zacky said, and then walked out, leaving me standing at the door beside Jimmy. I heard his car screech as he took off, and I didn’t know who I should be more worried about, Zacky, or Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

shortygirl
a7x_foREVer12
NME_foREVer_661
vampirelover67

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas!

xoxo, Saleigh

Hey guys, this is Shannon. As much as I like fucking with Saleigh's author notes, I come in all seriousness. Today is December 28th. I'm sure most of you know what that means. 2 whole years since a huge inspiration and a great person was taken from us on earth.

And then I want to say this. Any body who feels the need to harm themselves, or commit suicide, I am always here to talk. You all have so much to live for. We've got to live on because Jimmy never got to.