Status: Slow but active

He Always Wanted More

III

My mom didn't freak out. 

At first, mom thought they were some of my friends. 

That time she did freak out. 

"Arabella Lukas! How dare you bring your filthy friends to your brother's house!"

"Arabella, what is your problem? Your brother always was smarter!"

Those were two statements that escaped my mom's mouth. 

Then my brother stepped in between and whispered, "Those are my friends."

Her face scrunched up. "Oh."

That was my mom's idea of an apology. 

When I was 9 and Ashton was 10 we went to camp together. Ash and I had just gotten hamsters and asked my mom to feed them. 

She forgot and when we came back Ashton had a new hamster and I had a  dead hamster waiting by the water thinger.

All my mom said was, "Oh. And Arabella, don't eat any of the cookies that I just took out of the oven."

I mean, my mom loved me and all but it was like this all the time. 

She would baby me whenever we were alone but with Ashton it was a different story. Ashton was first born. 

I guess you could say, "First come, First serve."

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


"Well, I'm DeAnna, pleasure to meet you." she grabbed Preston's hand and shook up and down. 

"Yes ma'am, I'm Preston Walton." Predton smiled at my mom. He brushed hie dark blonde hair out of his face. 

Carl stood up and jumped over to my mom. "Carl Reichel, so nice to meet ya!"  Instead of a formal handshake my new best friend leaned in for a hug. 

My mom awkwardly hugged back. 

Laiken was the last to stand up. 

He offered my mom a small smile. "Laiken Trey." he shook her hand for half a second and sat back down on the floor next to me. 

He leaned into my ear and whispered softly, "Looks like your mom shows favoritism."

I nodded. "Haha don't even get me started on what happened whenever I was 9."

"Dad!" my brother yelled. "What's up dada?" 

My brother tackle hugged him and My father said, "Hello son." in a monotone tone. He was still typing away.

"Nice to see you too!" Ashton said. 

Then he clapped his hands. "Laiken, Arie can you guys get the hamburgers grilled while I talk to mom and dad about some things?" 

I shrugged.  "Sure."

"I'll grab the mac and cheese when the bell dings, alright?"

I nodded and grabbed Laiken's hand. It was warm. It was nice feeling the warmth. 

"C'mon Lake." I said. 

Laiken followed me into the kitchen. 

"Where does my brother keep his grill?" I asked Laiken. 

"In that..." Laiken grabbed my arm and guided it to the mint cream colored cabinet. 

My breath hitched at his touch. He left his fingers linger on my arm for a few seconds. 
 
I brought out the grill and a black spatula. 

"Burgers." 

Laiken handed me a foil wrapped mass. 

I slapped on some of the burgers and started flipping them. 

"Lemme do some." Laiken said. 

I handed him the spatula and stood back watching him. 

He flipped pretty good. 

..................


We were done with the burgers and the mac and cheese had dinged.

Laiken and I set the table. 

"Arabella?" he asked as he set down red solo cups at each plate. 

"Yes?" I asked as I spooned some mac and cheese onto every plate. 

"I like you." Laiken said as he filled up two cups with A&W rootbeer. 

I stopped spooning, with the big plastic white spoon midair. 

"What?"

"I like you, Arie." he said it again. "Like, a lot." 

My breath was caught in my throat. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So you like Laiken? Do you like Arabella's mom? Most importantly do you like the guys, and Arie and Ash, and Arie's dad?!? Tell me in the comments, plese

Merry Christmas my darlings!!