Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

Did You Catch Me Having The Last?

“How you doing, love?” He asked moving some hair out of her eyes.

They hadn’t moved all day, they’d been in the same position for hours watching TV. It’d had been three weeks since her mother had passed. She was still hurting but she knew that she had to try and get on with her life, that’s what she would have wanted.

Rupert had been with her in her house practically every day since. He hated leaving her alone, even when he went to get some more clothes he missed her.

“I’m fine. I could do with a cup of tea, you know, since you’re offering.” She grinned up at him.

“Ugh, fine. But, you owe me one later.” He flicked her nose and made his way to the kitchen.

Sighing content with her life at the moment she laid her head where he had just been and flicked over the channel. Two o’clock on a Tuesday afternoon, there’s not going to be much on. Stopping on the entertainment news, she got up and started to fix her bed hair in the mirror.

“… and in other news, Chad Evans has been sacked from his role as Ron Weasley in the next Harry Potter film due to be released next year. Warner Brothers have no comment on the matter, it’s understood that there will be open auditions next month.”

“Rupert?” She shouted into the kitchen, “come here a minute and look at this!”

“What is it?” He yawned with two tea cups in his hands. Setting them down at the table he turned up the volume.

“Many were expecting an extra to move up into the role, but this has been dismissed as a possibility. So Harry Potter fans, could you be the next Ronald Weasley? Then you can get in touch by –“

Rupert turned off the TV, a massive smile on his face, “that’s it! I could squeeze you!”

“Well, what can I say? I’m brilliant.” She shrugged and turned back to the mirror.

Rupert jumped up and grabbed her from behind and lifted her into the air. This was it, this is what he’s been waiting for.

x-x-x

“Ms Weir, are you ready to look at the short-listed audition tapes?” The young assistant came stumbling into her office, tapes fumbling out of his hands as he tried desperately to pick up the ones that had fallen.

“Jeremy, would you calm down please?” She pointed for him to leave them on her desk.

He left the room not turning his back on her, mumbling “I’m sorry,” over and over until he was out of the door.

She laughed at the young, want to be casting director. He was exactly the same as her when she was his age.

Picking up the first tape, she placed it carefully into the player. A small, red haired boy came onto the screen. He certainly looks like a Weasley, she thought, but not old enough for Ron.

She replaced the disk with the next. As she looked up at the screen a smile broke out on her face, “That’s him, that’s our Ron Weasley.”

Walking round to her desk she called for her assistant. He ran in with his arms full of papers and a flustered look on his face.

“Jeremy, as soon as you can, could you schedule a meeting with a Mr Rupert Grint.”

x-x-x

I’m outside waiting for you. I have a surprise. Jersey smiled down at the text she got from Rupert. She was glad that another day of college had finally ended; the days seemed to drag these past couple of weeks.

She spotted him stood against the fence, with his usual attire looking down at the floor. She ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

“So what’s this surprise?”

He grabbed her hands and held them, smiling at her. “Remember how we sent in that audition tape?” She nodded her head, “well, they’ve scheduled a meeting with me this Thursday to audition for them. It’s happening!”

She squeezed him again, “are you excited?”

He nodded his head vigorously, “you know, I couldn’t have done this without you, love. Will you come with me?”

“Of course, you know you didn’t have to ask.”

Talking her hand in his they began to walk to his car parked on the other side of the road. “You know what, when not if, when you get the part,” she smiled up to him, “My, are you going to look sexy in a wizard costume.”

“They’re robes, technically.” He had a smug look on his face.

“Well, excuse me, didn’t know we had an expert on our hands.”

“What can I say, babe? I’m just that brilliant.”

She playfully rolled her eyes as they pulled out of the parking space, “you have any idea what you’re going to do for the audition?”

“Not a clue. Probably reading from one of the scripts. You know what’s weird? I’m not nervous. It’s like this is what I was meant to do, it’s unreal.”

“Well I know you’re going to ace it, Mr Weasley.”

He grinned at her, “You are way too much for my brain to handle at this moment in time, love.”

She reached over and kissed his cheek. She knew he’d be fine, she was almost certain he’d get the job. The only thing that worried her was the distance that would be between them. She just prayed silently that nothing would ever come between them.
♠ ♠ ♠
An -ish filler. Introducing the next plot, yay. I like this plot. It will develop like the last one did :)
Thanks to everyone who read, I love you all. Yes, you.

Thanks to the people who commented:
rachelMISFIT ~(sorry for making you cry!)~
dinosaur2016
LoveChange
adwmagic

Read their stories! :) Or, I'll set Voldemort on you, you have been warned.

Much love,
©BeautifullyDepressed

PS! Next chapter in progress, pretty long one so might not be finished until tomorrrow.