Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

I Am Pushing Everyone That Was In, Out

The entire room was buzzing. The atmosphere was amazing and Jersey could feel it seeping into her skin and running through her blood making her feel alive. She always wondered what kept up a musicians love for touring and playing countless shows; now she knew.

The laughter throughout the room had made her feel giddy as she jumped on the side of the stage. She couldn’t imagine how all those people had managed to fit into the tiny room they’d been put in. She excitedly tugged on her guitar strap that hung loosely on her shoulder fixing it into a more comfortable position.

Suddenly a feeling of dread washed over her as she looked to the crowd once more, their attention was on the stage waiting for the show to start. What if she messed up? Her hands became clammy as she tried desperately to wipe her hands on her jeans. Leo stood with an amused look at the nervous girl in front of him.

He casually walked over to her and looked down at her tiny frame as he easily towered above her. That day when he saw her playing at the pier had been a miracle, his tour manager had been on his case to find a free artist to play. He didn’t want just anybody he wanted to find someone with a real talent who needed a break, much like himself six months ago.

He felt drawn to her and he couldn’t understand why. He thought nothing of it, as he’d got to know the past week she felt more like a sister to him, and he knew from the way she looked up at him, like now, her eyes wide in search of reassurance from him that she felt the same.
Throwing his arms around her he softly chuckled into her hair, “you know you’re going to be great, Jers. Don’t worry you’re pretty little head.”

He felt her breath deeply as she pulled away from him and smiled.

“What would I do without you?” She grinned at him.

“You, my dear, would be a nervous wreck.” In reply he received a smack on the arm, “and you also wouldn’t have the opportunity to spend time with this handsome beast.” He exclaimed as he pointed to himself.

Jersey rolled her eyes struggling to hold back a giggle, “how are you not nervous?”

“Well, I am. But you’ve got to remember it’s just one show, roll with it.”

“How did you of all people manage to be so wise?”

He shrugged, “’Cause I’m awesome.” He grinned at her again before he was called back by his band for some last minute rehearsing. Messing up her hair as he passed her and narrowly missing her slap.

Jersey smiled to herself and tried to take his advice, this was just one show whatever happened she could deal with it. Just as she remembered that her hair probably looked like a haystack the lights went down signalling that it was her time to go on stage.
She looked so fragile stood in the middle of the large stage, the light beaming down on her and her guitar. “Hello!” She boomed into the microphone a lot louder than she had imagined as she cowered back from it.

Letting out a nervous laugh she decided she’d leave the talking to the professionals and just play her heart out.

x-x-x

Just as she strummed the last chord on her guitar the crowd erupted into cheers and applause as a bright smile appeared on her face. Jumping down from the chair she was at on she bowed and waved before walking of the stage.
She had barely time to catch her breath before she was tackled into a hug by not just one person but several.

“Guys! As much as I love this, breathing would also be nice.” It came out as a mumble as currently her face was pressed sideways into somebody’s abdomen. She was soon released from the death grip and her eyes adjusted to the light.

“You were great!” Leo shouted.

The other guys nodded their heads in agreement as a small blush fell upon her cheeks, “you really think so?”

“I know so. Everybody loved you.” He wiped imaginary tears from his eyes, “so proud!” She nudged him with her elbow as they got their signal that they were needed on stage.

Leo turned to her and pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek before following the rest of his band. Just as she lifted her eyes she was met by the light ones that she’d grown to love, a hurt look etched onto all his features as he turned away from the door and off back the way he came.

At first she thought she’d imagined him being there but as she ran for the door she could see his figure walking slowly towards the door, realising what he just saw probably wasn’t the best thing he could have seen she took off after him.

As she neared him she had become increasingly frustrated, why did they always have to run away from each other? Why couldn’t they talk like normal people?

“Rupert?” She grabbed onto his hand, instantly remembering how much she missed being held by him.

He turned around to see who had grabbed him, he tried to say something while pulling away from her, but over the music she couldn’t hear what he had said.

“I can’t hear you!” She shouted pointing to her ears.

Rupert sighed and pulled her outside the venue, “I said you’re a hypocrite.”

“Sorry?”

He furrowed his eyebrows at her and blew out the breath he hadn’t realised he’d been holding, “you’re so quick to judge me but you’re in there with a guy practically drooling all over you. How do you want me to react? Set up a fan club for him?”

“One, he was not all over me. Two, you do not know him so don’t you dare judge him, Rupert.”

When she said his name his heart almost skipped a beat, even now when she was angry he couldn’t help but think she was the most beautiful woman he’d ever met in his life. A smile rose to his lips which cut her sentence short and her features changed from anger to confusion.

“Why are you smiling?” She had to bite her lip in order to stop herself from smiling.

“Look at us, fighting over nothing practically.” He pulled her closer to him, “all we want is each other’s attention and it worked. Why are we fighting?”

Her shoulders dropped and all the tension and anger drained her body as she melted into him.

“You were great out there.” He mumbled into her hair.

“You saw me?”

“I wouldn’t have missed it for the world, love.” She squeezed him tight as they stood there in an alley way with wide grins on their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sure they've separated their differences... but only I know what's around the corner mwahaa.

Thanks to everybody who commented:
rachelMISFIT
adwmagic
dinosaur2016.

What did you think?
What could be around the corner? Have a guess :D

©BeautifullyDepressed