Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

Than To Love Her And To Lose Her

It had been five days since the agent fiasco and Jersey’s life had changed somewhat. She’d decided to leave education all together because having tasted what it would be like to perform her music she knew that was what she wanted in life. She’d also been approached by two or three journalists wanting to have her in her magazines, she’d declined the offers straight away. There was no way she was being known just for being Rupert’s girlfriend; she wanted to make a name for herself.

She knew that it would be difficult but nothing could have prepared her for the amount of hateful comments she’d seen on a few websites here and there. She couldn’t believe people could be like that, but then again she didn’t personally know these people so she made a promise to herself that she wouldn’t let it get to her.

She walked down the stairs ready to go out with Leo. He’d extended his trip in London because apparently the girls were all over him which had caused Jersey to laugh for ten minutes to him on the phone. He’d called her the previous night and asked her to go and eat something with him, but she knew it wouldn’t be that straight forward; knowing Leo.

“Are you going now?”

“Yeah.” She replied pulling on her coat and gloves, “I shouldn’t be too long.”

Rupert turned off the TV and walked over to her pulling on his own coat.

“What are you doing?”

“I’ll give you a lift, don’t want you freezing at the bus stop now do we?” Jersey leaned up and kissed him before locking the door behind them both.

Rupert dropped her off with Leo before making his way over to his house, he’d promised his Mum he’d be there to help her clean.

“So,” Leo looked down at the brunette beside him with a wide grin showing his teeth, “let’s go!”

He grabbed her arm and they began running down the street laughing like a mad man. They hadn’t run far before he stopped abruptly with Jersey almost running into his side but she’d managed to keep her balance.

“Ta-da!” He pointed to the smart, Italian restaurant in front of him almost as if it was a prize on
The Price Is Right and he was one of the blonde girls. Laughing at his antics and shaking her head she followed him into the surprisingly quiet restaurant.

“I feel like such a girl doing lunch!”

Jersey scolded him with her eyes returning to her menu. The place was pretty pricey so she made sure didn’t pick something too expensive as Leo was paying.

“So,” she set her menu down after ordering, “met any nice girls lately?”

He sighed shaking his head, “no one wants to love me, Jers. I’m unlovable.”

She shook her head laughing quietly. “Must you make everything into a drama?”

“Yep.”

Suddenly there was a commotion behind them. Turning around she saw various waiters stopping a barrage of what seemed to be photographers trying to get into the restaurant.

Jersey turned back her eyebrows knotted in confusion as she looked around the room, there was no one she would consider to be famous sat there. Then she quickly felt nauseous as she hoped that they weren’t looking for her. She quietly got up from the chair motioning to Leo that she was going to the bathroom. However, her getaway was short lived as the lead photographer caught her movements in the corner of his eye.

“There she is! Quick!” They began taking pictures of her quickly one after the other. Jersey was rooted to the spot, she had nothing. Just as she was about to run for the bathroom again Leo caught her hand in his and pulled her through the crowd of people and straight out of the restaurant.

“Come on! We can lose them!” The both of them ran as fast as they could with smiles never leaving their faces. The lack of privacy had annoyed Jersey but running from them she would never believe that it could have been so much fun.

They quickly turned the corner and Jersey felt herself being pulled into one of the small shops that were open. Catching their breath and looking out the window the group of photographers carried on running straight past the shop.

They both burst out laughing holding onto each other for support.

“Well that was more fun than eating.”

“Agreed.” She smiled.

When they were sure that they wouldn’t be seen again they made their way down the street; knowing that Rupert’s house was nearby they decided to walk there. The smile that had been on Jersey’s face soon faltered as the realisation that they could possibly be in the magazines that week hit her.

“Leo, what if they put a picture in the magazine? It doesn’t look too good, does it?” She pulled her jacket closer to her tiny frame as they neared his house, Rupert’s car sat in the driveway.
He pulled her into a side hug and ruffled her hair, “No, but it’ll have all the girls thinking ‘who is that sexy beast of a man?’”

“One time, you have to be serious.” She laughed at him and knocked on the door which was quickly opened by Mrs Grint who sent her a warm smile ushering her inside.

“Not in my nature, love.”

“Mrs Grint, is it okay if Leo comes in for a while? We won’t be too long I promise.”

“Of course I don’t mind, dear. I need an extra pair of hands.” She held two clothes she had in her hands as they took off their jackets to help.

x-x-x

Sure enough the next morning her picture was on the front of the magazine. Surely, there were more things happening in the world more entertaining than her eating in a restaurant, she never did get the media.

She and Rupert were currently sat at his table, as Jersey had decided to stay there the night before. A magazine lay open on the page and Rupert was staring at the wall. Jersey moved her hand on to his leg to stop him from shaking it up and down.

“It’ll be alright. We know that’s not true so what does it matter?”

Rupert didn’t say anything he just looked sadly into her eyes. He removed her hand from his leg and walked over to the door pulling on a jacket.

“I’ll go and sort this out. I’m sorry Jersey.”

Before she could reply he had already closed the door. Running her hand over her face she threw the magazine on the floor, why did life have to be so complicated?

x-x-x

Rupert burst through Miles’ door not caring if he was in the middle of a meeting. Thankfully he was alone and surprised to see an agitated actor stood in his office. He’d seen the magazine himself this morning, and he was sure that this was what Rupert had come to talk to him about.

Rupert tried hard to control his anger as he pushed the door closing it behind him; he then took a sit in front of his agent.

“What can we do about this? You have some control over what’s put in certain stories about me, Jersey is no different. I need you to sort it for me,” he sighed the anger flowing out of his body, “she’s worried. She’s covering it up but she is upset.”

Miles pulled off his glasses and felt sorry for the kid sat in front of him. “Well, kid, the damage has been done. The only thing that we can do from our end is send out a press release. Do you want me to do that?”

Rupert nodded his head before making his way back over to the door muttering a quick thank you under his breath. He hadn’t meant to come across as rude but this lifestyle was taking a toll on him.

Once he got back home he walked into the kitchen to see Jersey laughing with his mother. Smiling at the two favourite women in his life he walked over to his girl, placing his arms gently around her waist.

“How did it go?”

Rupert hugged her closer, “It’ll all be fine now, I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little fun chapter to lighten the mood (: I love the next chapter and I know you will too !

COMMENTS:
rachelMISFIT
adwmagic
dinosaur2016
THANK YOU <3

a-what-a-ya-think? Comment and subscription are only a small click away #cutesmile#

©BeautifullyDepressed