Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

It'd Be Safer To Hate Her All Around

Today was the day; it had been exactly a year since Jersey and Rupert had been a couple. She found it remarkable all that they had been through in that short period of time, more drama than many couples have in a lifetime. Jersey wasn’t expecting much from the day just a quiet night in would do just fine, but knowing Rupert he had probably done something special for her. That’s what she loved most about him, the way he cared for her and wanted to make her happy every day. She knew that it was something most people dream of having and she wasn’t giving it up without a fight.

She was currently changing her clothes as Rupert was meeting her in a few minutes and as normal, she was late in getting ready. Rupert had organised for them to have lunch with Emma, he knew that Jersey had admired her since the beginning of the films and Emma had pestered him all week on set when they were filming the previous week that she wanted to meet Jersey. He knew that the girls would get on really well and had geared himself up for a lot of girl talk at lunch.

Rupert walked into her room with a smirk on his face, “Never ready are we? I let myself in.”

“I noticed.” She turned back to the zip on the side of her dress which was reluctant to close.

Jersey dropped her arms in frustration and turned to Rupert pouting. He feigned annoyance and walked over to help his struggling girlfriend.

“Are you ready now?”

She looked herself over in the mirror and smiled at her reflection, “Yeah, we can go now.”

“Finally.” He took her hand as they made their way into town to meet Emma. He couldn’t wait to see the look on Jersey’s face; she was going to love this.

x-x-x

“Rupert! Jersey!” Jersey stopped talking and turned to the sound confused. She turned back to
Rupert who had a massive grin on his face; she hated it when he did that because it normally meant something was going to happen.

Just as she was about to speak again a familiar looking brunette girl was stood in front of them and Jersey’s jaw almost dropped. Emma pulled them both into a hug and shown them to the table she’d kept for them.

“Did you do this?” She whispered.

“Guilty.” He replied holding his hands in the air. She smiled a big smile at him as they took their seats with Emma. Jersey almost had to pinch herself, how could it be that she was eating lunch with Emma Watson? This was a definite perk to Rupert’s new job.

“So you had no idea I was coming today?” Emma smiled at Jersey, “you know I’ve wanted to meet you for a while now. Rupert’s always talking about you on set.” Rupert glared at Emma over the top of the menu, which caused the girls to laugh as they picked up their own menus.

“I’ve always loved you in the films; I think you’re a brilliant actress, Emma.”

That’s really sweet of you, Jersey.” They smiled at each other before they were replaced with mischievous ones as they looked over at Rupert.

“So what kind of things does Rupert say about me then?” They heard a groan from behind Rupert’s menu which only caused them to laugh harder at him.

“It’s actually quite sweet. This one time, you’ve read the books I’m sure?” she looked at Jersey for her response to which Jersey nodded her head taking a sip of drink, “then you know that our characters fall in love.” She stopped to laugh.

Rupert put down his menu and stared at Emma, “you are not going to tell her that story!”

Emma nodded her head and turned back to Jersey, “he and I were making a few scenes in advance and he said your name when we kissed. Well, the whole crew were in tears because he had gone beet red. So we went back to the scene and he did it again, I think we left that scene for later, didn’t we?”

“You’re not funny. This better not be the way this whole lunch is going.”

“Oh! I have some funny stories about Rupert!” Jersey exclaimed. The girls giggled at each other knowing how much they were embarrassing him, his cheeks almost the same colour as his hair.

“So, we were at his house and his brother came into the living room –“She was interrupted by Rupert letting his head fall onto the table quite loudly. She patted his head affectionately and went back to the story; this was going to be fun.

x-x-x

“Well,” Rupert stood up from the table, “as much fun as this is we need to go.”

Emma looked down at her watch before frantically pulling her coat on, “It was so nice meeting you Jersey. We should do something next week, have Rupert give you my number. I must be off though, bye guys!” She quickly walked through the restaurant with her phone attached to her ear.

Rupert pulled Jersey into a hug as he paid for the meal, “Just me and you now, love. I’ve got a few surprises up my sleeve for you.”

She pulled him closer, “I’m the luckiest girl in the world!” And at that moment she truly believed she was.

x-x-x

“I’ll come and get you in two hours; I need to fix a few things. Oh, and don’t get too dressed up!” Jersey waved goodbye and walked into her house, where could they be going that merited her not dressing up? But then again, She though, This is Rupert we’re talking about.

She laughed silently to herself before walking over to her wardrobe and deciding that jeans and a pretty top were her best bet, especially in this weather. It had decided to start raining just as she got back into her house, but that’s the British weather for you.

The two hours went slowly as she waited for Rupert’s car to pull up outside. She almost squeaked when she saw him park across the road and get out of his car. Locking the door behind her she ran to Rupert meeting him halfway and jumped into a hug.

“Excited?” She could feel him chuckle against her.

She shook her head, “No. Me? Excited? Please!” Her face lit up again causing him to laugh at her.

“So I’ve got a few clues for you.” He pulled two objects out from behind his back.

“Bowling?! You remembered I hadn’t been in ages? You’re too sweet.”

“I know.” He grinned at her, “Now come on, or we’ll miss our booking.”

x-x-x

Jersey was currently losing to Rupert; she didn’t care though she was having too much fun to the dismay of the people who had to watch them, which had only caused her to laugh uncontrollably when they had to get the ball.

Jersey sat down on the seat next to Rupert, her face red and she looked out of breath, “Who knew that bowling could be so tiring?” She leaned into him, too tired to hold herself up.

“That’s because most people don’t take a run up when bowling.”

“I’m not strong enough!” She hit his shoulder.

“Clearly.” He grinned at the glare she sent him before looking down at his watch. Her next surprise was now he hoped she liked it.

“… And now I have a request for a song from Rupert who is here celebrating his one year anniversary with his girlfriend, Jersey.” Jersey hid her head.

“They are on aisle 4. Everybody give them a round of applause.” She looked up and everybody was smiling at them clapping their hands.

“Now, I’ve been told that a certain band called Train is her favourite, and this is their song, Drops of Jupiter. Can’t you feel the love in here?” The radio cut to the first notes of her favourite song as she smiled up at Rupert.

“This is so sweet. Thank you.”

“Anything for you, Love. Come on, let’s dance!” He pulled her up from the seat as they swayed in the middle of the bowling alley to her song, the smile never leaving her lips. He sure knew how to make her happy.

x-x-x

Jersey pulled her coat closer to her body as they walked the familiar route up to the cliff that Rupert took her too just to talk or be with each other. It wasn’t raining which she was glad for but there was a definite chill in the air which had caused her cheeks to turn a light shad of pink which made the tip of her nose. Her small gloved hand held on to Rupert’s as they climbed the final steps to the top. Rupert set down his guitar next to him as they took their seats on the edge, their legs dangling over. He pulled her closer to him and sighed contently as they sat there for ten minutes before they spoke.

“Jersey?” She looked up to him smiling as he took her hands in his.

“Yeah?”

“I bet you’re wondering why I’ve brought you up here when it’s this cold. But, this is my favourite place and you’re my favourite person so it kind of goes. I know that we’ve been through a lot this past year and I can’t think of my life without you.” He pushed the hair out of her eyes, “You know I love you, right?” She nodded her head leaning forward to kiss him.

“I love you, too.”They grinned at each other as he pulled the guitar onto his lap. Jersey leant back and looked at him tweaking his guitar, he had no idea how much she loved him.

“I wrote a song for you, I hope it’s not too cheesy.” He played the first few chords and she loved it, even without the words, but when he sung she felt the world around her melt away and they became the only two people in the entire universe as their eyes never left each other’s.

I’ve got to say I’m in love;
Her eyes are all I think of.
She’s on my mind all of;
The time.
I know I’m undeserving of;
Her sweet kisses, I’m in awe of;
Her innocence, let’s forget the rest of;
The world tonight.
I adore her, with her I let go of;
My anxieties, it’s undreamed of;
A love like ours, I think the world of;
Her.
He strummed the last chord and a small smile sat on his lips. Tears had fallen onto her cheeks as she reached over and hugged, speechless.

x-x-x

Jersey woke up the next morning with two arms wrapped around her middle and a pair of lips kissing the top of her arm and shoulder. She relaxed into him not wanting to move for eternity.

“I love this.” He mumbled against her hair.

“Me too.” She turned around in his arms and moved his hair out of his eyes.

Rupert kissed her nose before getting up leaving her cold as she reached onto the floor for her pyjamas which had been tossed aside the night before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I got a bit carried away with writing almost six pages haha, oops. How you like it and the song which I wrote myself. What did you think? Next chapter is funny!!

Thanks to the people who commented:
rachelMISFIT
adwmagic
dinosaur2016

MUCHO LOVE-O (as you can tell I don't speak no españolo.)

©BeautifullyDepressed aka Han.