Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

And Nobody Knows What It's Like

“Emma, I have a surprise for you!” Jersey sang as she pushed Emma lightly through the crowded shopping centre. Her and Emma had become good friends since meeting a month ago and almost spoke to each other every day. Now Jersey was unhappy when Emma and Rupert had to leave to film the movie.

This idea had occurred to Jersey the night before when Emma told her that she wanted a Rupert in her life, but because her life was so demanding she’d never really had the time.
Jersey had then remembered that Leo had expressed the same want to her and that’s when she knew that they be perfect for each other. Emma was calm and collected while Leo was out there and loud, they’d balance each other brilliantly.

“I thought we were going shopping?” Emma laughed letting her new friend push her through what seemed an endless group of people.

“We were but I think this is much better.” She stopped pushing her when she noticed a familiar figure sat on the bench in front of them. Signalling for Emma to wait there she walked over to
Leo who had no idea she was there.

“BOO!” Leo threw his head back with wide eyes clutching onto his chest.

“You’ll be sorry for that one day.” He faked glared at her before pulling her into a hug, “I missed you, munchkin.”

“Small jokes already? And I’ve been here, what?” She glanced down at her imaginary watch, “two seconds. That’s the thanks I get.”

"You know I love you really. So where’s this young lady I need to woo?” Jersey shook her head laughing before pointing over to a confused looking Emma who was staring at the two of them, nervously playing with her hair.

“Wow.” He exaggerated the ‘w’ before beckoning Emma to come and join them.

Jersey stood already proud of her work before slowly moving away from the pair, “Emma this is Leo, Leo this is Emma. Well I best be off.” Jersey quickly turned and almost ran out of sight before peeking around the wall to see if they’d started talking. The two were sat there with their eyebrows raised and with the exact expression on their face as they looked at her. Jersey gave them a quick thumbs-up before leaving them to realise how good they would be together.

They nervously laughed at each other unsure of what to say as neither of them had been in this situation before. Leo scratched the back of his head and laughed nervously again. Leo shook his head at the way he was acting and tried to conjure up something to say to her, there weren’t too many times in his life that he could count where he’d been completely speechless.

“She’s crazy, isn’t she?” Her voice startled him a bit before he nodded his head, looking around to see if she was going to jump out at any minute.

The time flew by as they were talking, not really paying attention to anything around them.

They had edged closer to each other until their knees were touching, both unaware of what was bringing them together but neither were complaining.

Emma is great! Sure you’re not cupid? Jersey laughed at her phone before throwing it on the couch beside her. She sighed and pinched her nose; ever since she’d got back home she’d been feeling dizzy and she didn’t risk standing up in case she fainted. She’d called Rupert who was currently on his way with ice cream and aspirin.

“Knock, knock.” Rupert walked into the room holding up the bags carrying the things that would hopefully stem the headache. He quickly placed them on the table before Jersey taking her face in his hands. He looked into her eyes, concerned because of the lack of colour in her skin. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

She nodded her head, “Yeah, I’m sure. You said you wanted to talk about something?” She reached for the aspirin in his hand and took two from the packet hoping it would work instantly.

“Oh! Yeah, I almost forgot.” He picked up her feet and placed them on his lap as he sat down. Rupert set his jacket over the back of the sofa, pulling a small bag from his pocket and turned back to Jersey.

“I saw these the other day. It’s not much but,” he passed her the bag. Jersey looked down at the small red velvet bag in her hands and opened the button at the top. She tipped the contents into her hand. They were two small braided bracelets, both the colour green. Rupert reached over and took one from her hand and smiled, “they’re both identical. I’d actually gone to buy you a ring.” Jersey’s eyes widened as she stared at him in shock.

He grinned and laughed at her, “No, I wasn’t going to propose.” Jersey relaxed and looked back at the bracelet in her hand, running her fingers over the lettering I love you . She smiled up at him, “but, I wanted to show you how much I love you. So going along with the cliché I was going to get you a ring, but it’s not really us. We don’t really do things by the book, do we?” She shook her head laughing, a few tears escaping her eyes.

Rupert reached over and wiped the tears from her eyes and placed the bracelet on her wrist. He brought her hand up to his mouth and kissed it, their eyes never leaving each other’s.

“I love you, Jers.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sweet.

I LOVE THE NEXT CHAPTER, TOMORROW IT WILL BE UP.
Thanks to the people who commented:
rachelMISFIT
adwmagic
dinosaur2016
NoRaindropsOnRoses

©BeautifullyDepressed