Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

It'd Be Safer, To Hate Her,

“So, Rupert, what we all want to know. How do you feel about becoming a dad?”

“At first, I’ll be honest I thought I was too young. But, I knew that we would have had children any way so I’m over the moon. I’m really happy.”

Jersey smiled at the article and placed it on her dresser and turned to the mirror. Her eyes fixated on her growing stomach, the pregnancy had done wonders for her skin and she’d never felt as healthy except for her expanding waistline.

Sighing she gently placed her hands on her hips, and swayed slightly from side to side, “If I didn’t know you, I’d think you were crazy.”

Jersey faked laughed and turned to face Rupert, who was standing in the doorway with a bemused expression on his face. He opened his arms and she walked forward and threw her arms around him, the bump slightly in the way.

“You look beautiful,” Jersey scoffed and rolled her eyes, grinning at him. He’d said the same line to her every day for the past six months.

“And you look beautiful, too.” Rupert laughed and turned her around, guiding her out of the door, “Come on Mummy, let’s go and see our baby.”

“You know that baby voice is starting to freak me out slightly,” Jersey exited the house and walked straight to the car, ignoring Rupert as he walked behind her.

“It’s why I do it.” Rupert opened the door and jumped in, starting the car.

The couple were off to the hospital. The time had come for them to see their baby for the first time, they had been told to keep the sex a surprise but Jersey was too impatient and Rupert had gone along with her out of fear of her temperament.

The car turned into the car park slowly and the pair held their breath as they got out of the car. Rupert walked around to Jersey and took her shaking hand in his, “It’ll be alright you know.”

Jersey nodded her head slowly and pulled Rupert to walk faster, the anticipation was getting to her. The two sat down in the waiting room and looked around, three couples and a lady sat on her own. Jersey stood from her seat and sat down beside her, “I noticed you were looking a bit nervous. Are you okay?”

The woman lifted her head and smiled softly at Jersey, nodding her head slightly, “I am nervous! I hate hospitals!”

Jersey let out a quiet laugh, “Me too. If you need anything - somebody to talk to? I’m sat over there.” Jersey pointed over to where Rupert was sat, turning his nose up at the woman’s magazines as he flicked through them.

“Thank you, that’s nice of you. I’m think I’m next in though.” They smiled at each other and sure enough the Doctor called her name. Picking up her bag she waved goodbye to Jersey and followed the Doctor through to the scanning room.

“You’re too nice, you are.”

Jersey flicked his arm and picked up the magazine he’d thrown onto her chair and flicked through it herself. Soon enough her own name was called and she stood and grabbed
Rupert’s hand tightly – following the Doctor through to a small, plain room.

“So, you had a complication at the beginning of the pregnancy?” Jersey nodded her head.

“That’s nothing to worry about, sweetheart. Now, we want to know if we’re having a Romeo or a Juliet today. Let’s get started then.”

The middle-aged woman turned to the screen behind her, her short, red hair tied into a bun which had come loose. Jersey turned to Rupert for reassurance and turned back to the screen.

“Now, we’ll see little on in a few seconds.” The picture on the screen was focusing onto an image, and then they saw the best picture they’d ever seen. The room was silent for two minutes as the couple awed at the screen. “So do we have a name for her, then?”

“Her?” They both whispered.

The woman nodded her head, “A little girl you’re having. You can spoil her rotten!” The woman laughed to herself and started writing on her pad, “I’ll be back in a minute loves.”

She left the room singing to herself causing Jersey to laugh at her antics.

“Well, we’re having a girl then.”

Rupert rested his head on Jersey’s chest and smiled at her bump, “Hey there, Princess.”

Jersey chuckled and looked back to the screen, and for a moment she felt peaceful – all the wrong in her life had gone completely and now she had her own little family to look after.
A few tears fell from her eyes as she felt the baby, her daughter, move around inside her.

“I’m so happy, Rupe.”

“I know, me too.” He lifted his head to smile at her and then turned back to her stomach, continuing his story of all the things he was going to buy for “his princess”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey. I am very very sorry about not updating - things have just been super crazy.
Anyway, I am going to finish this story tonight so stay tuned. I am also going to be posting a new story as well. Which hasn't got a male figure yet so if you want to suggest someone you would like to see in a story.
~Hannah