Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

Than to Love Her and to Lose Her

“Carla! Come back here.” The little brunette ran down the middle of the aisle; her curls falling loose around her shoulders.

Jersey caught up with her, and pulled her up into her arms.

“You know we’ll never be ready at this rate.” She eventually got Carla’s curls up tied into a pink ribbon and set her down again.

Jersey awed at the church around her, the pews had been decorated with pink roses and ribbons – and soon enough she would be walking down the aisle… on her way to becoming Mrs Rupert Grint.
Smiling, she slowly made her way to the back of the church. A little hand holding hers, bobbing along beside her.

Jersey could hear people filing in, excited talk filled the air but all she could think about was having to walk down the aisle in front of all those people. Soon enough, the music started and she made her way to the back of the church.

She laughed as Carla ran down the aisle, throwing petals around her until running into her father’s arms – not letting go as he tried desperately to give her over to his mother.

Then, that’s when Rupert looked up and saw Jersey walking towards him. Her dress subtly enhancing her body, and then his eyes moved to hers and never left them until she was stood beside him.

“This is how I want you forever, baby. Stood here right next to me,” he whispered as they took their position in front of the priest.

The ceremony was filled with laughter, especially when Rupert began to tear up, but also full of awe and amazement centring on the two people in front of them; the two people who were so in love that they had forgotten everybody around them.

Rupert lifted up his bride’s veil and took her face into his hands, as they priest announced that they were husband and wife. Their smiles reached from ear to ear, as Rupert planted a small kiss on his wife’s lips. Carla jumped from her Grandmother’s arms as the church erupted with cheers and applause around them, and ran to her parents.

Rupert pulled her up into his arms and pulled his wife closer as they stood in front of the entire congregation.

“I love you.” Jersey smiled at her husband and held her baby closer to her.

“Does mummy and daddy love Carla?”

“More than the world, Princess.” Carla buried her head in Rupert’s chest as they laughed at each other, in their own little world.

Rupert’s mother was crying as she turned to her husband, “If only Carla could have been here to see them.”

“I’m sure she’s watching right now. They’re going to be just fine, just fine.”

The three slowly exited the church and everybody flooded out into the sunshine. Rupert and Jersey finally content with how their life was panning out.

A little baby girl, who was growing up so quick before their eyes – and a lifetime of happiness which awaited them.

The end.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought that they deserved a happy ending.
Thank you to everyone who read/commented/subscribed.
It meant the world.

Hannah xx