Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

No Idea Where My Mind Was For Months

“Stop! You’re going the wrong way!”

Jersey shoved the control pad into Rupert’s hands frustrated.

“Here you do it then!”

Rupert sighed and ran his hand through his hair; pausing the game. He turned to his side and looked at her. She was angry at the game, if she would have been a cartoon she would’ve had steam coming out of her ears. Too him, she still looked like perfection. The way her hair was curled around her face and her eyes so bright and big.

“You do know it’s rude to stare?” She asked still looking at the wall.

“Stop staring at me then.”

This made her smile. They’d only known each other for two weeks but he already knew how to make her laugh when she didn’t feel like being happy.

She suddenly jumped up from the couch where they were sitting, “come on, Rupert. I want to go out somewhere.”

“Where do you suggest we go, love?” he said joining her at the door throwing on a jacket.

“Anywhere! Somewhere fun!” Her eyes were full of excitement as she was practically jumping on the spot. He couldn’t help but stare into her eyes.

“Earth to Rupert. Sometime tonight would be preferable,” she joked snapping her fingers in front of his face.

“Sorry. Come on I know somewhere you’ll love.”

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

“What is this place?”

Jersey untangled her hand from Rupert’s, she wasn’t sure how they’d come to be holding hands but she loved the way she felt protected by him just by this simple gesture.
She wandered away from him. They had driven to the beach, if you could call it that. She knew where she was going until they’d taken a detour round the back of the shops. They came out eventually near the far end of the beach where they climbed to the top of the hill. The view from the top was breath-taking, even at night.

After living here for the past 17 years, not once had she been up here. He sure was full of surprises.

She smiled up to him and he pulled her closer.

“I love this place. I used to come here almost every day until I met you. I would play my guitar and just get away from it all you know. Here sit down the grass isn’t too wet.”

They sat down on the edge their legs dangling over the edge, their hands finding each other again.

“Why did you stop when you met me?”

“I’d much rather play my guitar with you.” He shrugged.

“You know what; you never told me what you want to do with your life.” She asked resting her head against his chest.

“Well, I want to hopefully finish my education, but if another option comes along and it’s better in the long run then I’d definitely take it. I haven’t been that much into school anyway. I want to act but nothing’s really come my way, you know. I’ve acted in a few plays and pantomimes but nothing to get me recognised.”

He pushed some hair out of her eyes, “but you know I’d settle for being filthy rich with a hundreds of cars, you know the norm.”

“Sounds good, let me know if you get there I wouldn’t mind having some money myself.”

"I will.”

“Good.” She yawned and closed her eyes.

“Are you tired?” He stroked her hair.

“Yes, but I don’t want to go, not just yet.”

“Okay.”

They stayed like that for another hour until it had gotten quite cold and Rupert could feel her shivering against him. She had fallen asleep twenty minutes earlier; he didn’t want to wake her. She looked so peaceful.

He picked her up and walked her back to his car and drove her home.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

He walked up to her door and knocked; she must have been a heavy sleeper because she hadn’t stirred once on the way back.

A middle-aged woman answered the door. Jersey looked the double of her mum, their eyes were identical.

“Oh my, is she okay?!”

“Yeah, she fell asleep. I tried to wake her in the car but she didn’t budge,” he smiled. “Where should I put her?”

He mum stepped aside pointing to the couch where she must have been sleeping herself as there was already a pillow and a blanket.

“Thank you, Rupert. That’s very kind. Do you have enough petrol to get back because I can give you some money?” She was searching for her purse.

“No. It’s fine, honestly I only just filled her up.”

“Oh okay, well you be careful then. Be sure to pop by again, won’t you?” She rubbed his back in a motherly way.

“Yeah I will.” He whispered and began walking back to his car.

“Rupert?”

He turned back to see her mum walking back towards him.

“You really like her, don’t you? I can see it in your eyes.” She smiled up at him.

She knew that Rupert liked her daughter very much; she recognised the way he looked at her because her husband used to look at her that way.

“Even though we’ve known each other for only a few weeks, I really like your daughter. I hope that’s okay?”

“It’s more than okay, dear. She needs a man in her life, well goodnight and be careful. I’ll tell Jers you left.”

“Thank you, goodnight.”

Carla walked back into the house and looked at her daughter and smiled. She has found herself a good one there, let’s hope they recognise it.

“Goodnight, baby girl,” she kissed her daughter’s head and headed for her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
There are going to be 32 chapters to this story as there are 32 lines in the song. So these first 9/10 chapters will be focused on their relationship. So don't be thinking nothing's going to happen cause it will so hang tight. Patience is a virtue.
Thanks to everyone who read the story so far, love you all.

Shout out to the people who commented:
rachelMISFIT (who also made my banner, thank you!)
dinosaur2016
cocopuffs
adwmagic

Any suggestions about story, the way it's written etc. tell me :)

Much love.

©BeautifullyDepressed.

PS no update tomorrow as it is CHRISTMAS!!