Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

It'd Be Safer, To Hate Her

“This is my daughter, Jersey. Jers, this is Dr Hale.”

They shook and hands and sat down nervously in front of the doctor.

“So have you come to a decision about the treatment you wish to receive?”

Carla slowly nodded her head and took her daughter’s hand for support. “Yes, I would like to refuse the treatment and I’d also like to sign for you not to attempt resuscitation if possible.”

Jersey smiled at her Mum, she was being so brave. Squeezing her hand she turned back to the doctor who was still writing some things done. The past three days had been hard on the both of them. They’d talk endlessly about what they should do. Carla couldn’t bear losing her hair or feeling that ill, of course she wanted to fight for her daughter but she’d rather make memories with her now enjoying life, not stuck to thousands of machines in a hospital.

“I know this must have been a hard decision for both of you. We, as a hospital, respect your decision not to use the treatment. Of course, under the current circumstances we would like you to come in regularly for some tests. We don’t want anything to come as a shock.”

They both understood what she meant by that. They left the doctor’s office hand in hand. This day was difficult but for some reason they felt like a weight had lifted and they could just enjoy being them, making as many memories as they could.

“Come on Mum, let’s go and fill a few scrapbooks.”

x-x-x

One month had flown by. Jersey felt like she never stopped, thankfully she had just begun her break from college. Her work had all been done and now she was planning her three weeks she had with her Mum.

Jumping up from the table where she was looking at trains to London, her Mum had always wanted to go so she was going to surprise her; she went to answer the door. When she opened her favourite red head was stood there, hands in his pockets. She had just been thinking of him, throwing her arms around him they stood there not saying a word.

“Do you want to come in?”

He nodded his head taking off his jacket and sitting next to her, watching her intently; smiling at all her little quirks. They hadn’t seen much of each other over the past month. She hadn’t played her guitar with him since they found out the news about her Mum. He didn’t blame her though, she needed to be with her Mum; he understood that.

“What are you doing?”

“Looking for some trains to London, who knew that it could be so expensive? I was going to phone later, I wondered if you’d like to come with us?” She looked up at him with hope; she could really use his support. Mum was finding it hard to walk at the moment, and she was out of breath after walking for two minutes.

“Yeah, I’ll come.” He rubbed her back; he couldn’t possibly imagine how much this must be hurting her. She was doing well to keep her emotions in check around her Mum.

“How is she?”

“Honestly? Not good. She says she’s fine but she’s so pale. I’m afraid I’ll break her just by hugging her. I think this trip will be the last; she was talking about going into a special home. I can go and live with her there and to be honest it would be nice to have the support from people who have been there before. Maybe it might make it a little bit easier, for the both of us.”

“You know I’ll be there for you don’t you?”

She nodded smiling. “Yeah, I know.”

“Come on, let’s find these trains.” Jersey snuggled into him as he took over, she was glad to have a little rest.

x-x-x

“Mum, would you stop moving you’re blurring the picture!”

Currently the three of them were stood outside of Buckingham Palace. The sheer size of the place was incredible; she could imagine getting lost in there on a daily basis. Jersey was taking pictures of her Mum and Rupert with the guards.

She and Rupert had spent the last fifteen minutes trying to get them to laugh, nothing worked. They were well trained, they’d even brought out the Christmas jokes – nothing, she just hoped they weren’t like that when they weren’t working. What a miserable life that would be!

“Aww, I like that one. You actually have your eyes open on it, Mum!”

“Jers, do you mind if we have a little rest?”

“No, come on. We’ll sit on these steps and I’ll get us a coffee.”

Walking back to where they were sat was a nightmare; people do not want to move out the way! If she didn’t mind being arrested she would have “accidentally” dropped the coffee on them.

“So Mum, where to next?”

“Well, we’ll have to see the Houses of Parliament. And then I think we’d better head to the train station, we don’t want to miss the train.”

They nodded and helped her Mum up as they headed for the bus, “it’s been lovely this weekend Jers. I’ve really enjoyed myself. And Rupert thanks for coming. I know this probably isn’t your idea of a weekend in London.”

“Honestly, I’ve loved it. It was nice spending time with you.”

“You know if I was a few years younger –“

“Mum! Hands off.”

They all laughed, it’s true what they say it really is the best medicine because Carla had been feeling better all weekend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but it needed to be because the next chapter is better.
If my maths are correct, we are a quarter of the way through. Ahh, time flies.
You know as this story goes on, the easier it is to write it. I'm in love with my story and I don't care who knows it! I haven't been watching elf.. promise.

Thanks to the people who commented:
rachelMISFIT
LoveChange
adwmagic
dinosaur2016

Much love.

©BeautifullyDepressed

Next chapter in about twenty/thirty minutes.