Only Curious

Chapter Six.

"Oh. I thought you guys weren't coming until tomorrow morning." Carrie pointed out, eying my brother.

"We decided to head a day early. Is it so bad to want to see my own sister?" Kevin barked, a little defensively.

"Uh, Kevin. I'm sure you know Mike Fisher, and then Carrie Underwood." I murmured, sauntering towards the kitchen awkwardly. I poured myself a glass of milk as Carrie took a seat on one of the bar stool by the counter.

"Pekka wanted to tag along but he and Lindy are having some one on one practice with Mitchy." Mike said, leaning on the counter.

"So uh, how do you know my sister?" Kevin asked, trying not to act like he hated Mike, but utterly failing. The way his nostrils flared slightly and his eyebrows furrowing together, he seemed quite irritated by just the sight of him.

Thankfully, Mike knew how to keep his calm. "Her and Carrie are friends."

"Mmm. Yes, we're friends." I said slightly sarcastically, raising my eyebrows at Kevin, challenging him to say anything else, "Now. If you don't mind, I'm pretty sure Carrie was just leaving."

"Nope, I―" I shot Carrie a look. "―actually have a meeting with my agent! Totally forgot!" She yelped, clamping her hand onto Mike's wrist and dragging him out of the door.

Once they were gone, I turned to Kevin. "If you're staying with me then you have to be nice. By nice I mean no insults, mean faces, or fighting with my friends,―which happen to include the Nashville Predators―and no late night phone calls to Kate! Last time my phone bill went through the roof!" I demanded, skimming through the house rules.

He eyed me for a minute. "I'm gonna go find a pay phone." He muttered.

"Tell Kate I said hi!" I yelled as he walked out.

While he was gone, I organized all of my brother's things and put them to the side. I made myself a mug of tea then grabbed a sweater and my keys. I wrote a quick note for Kevin that he could call me if he needed anything and headed out.

I passed the occupied phone booth. I couldn't help but chuckle as Kevin's large frame had to squeeze into the small booth.

After almost half an hour of walking, instead arriving at the school like I planned on doing, I found myself in front of Centennial Sportsplex. Carrie said this was where the Predators had their usual practice. Hopefully someone would be inside, or else I'd look like an idiot.

The front doors were open so I let myself through. There were a few people scattered around the area, ranging from little kids to elders.

I followed the group of little kids through an entrance and came out in the middle of rows and rows of seats. The bleachers were scattered with people, some in jerseys and some in casual wear. I took the nearest seat.

On the ice, Pekka was in net and Weber and Suter were taking turns going at him. At one point, he got so frustrated that he threw his stick at Suter, but Suter was able to get the puck past him. I let out a chuckle as Weber and Suter cheered and Pekka retrieved his stick.

Lindback switched places with Pekka, Weber and Suter once again taking shots.

I watched as more little kids ran through the seats until they got to the bottom. I rose from my seat and started following them. They ran around the arena from ice level until they got right where Pekka was leaning on the glass. They started banging at the glass until Pekka turned around and smiled at them. He gave them all a little wave.

"Rinne! Rinne!" One little boy yelled, "I'm a goalie!"

I don't think he heard him but he read his lips. He gestured for them to follow him around the arena until they got to a door. I took a seat a few meters away and watched as the little kids asked for autographs and told the goalie about their own love of hockey.

Once the kids were done, the went back to running around the bleachers.

"Kids can get annoying, huh?" I said just as Pekka was about the put his skate back on the ice.

"Christina." His eyebrows raised, slightly surprised by my appearance.

"Remembered my name? I feel special." I joked.

"What're you doing here?"

I let a moment of silence pass as I thought about my answer, "Not sure, really. What're you doing here?" I asked sarcastically.

"Just.." He glanced over his shoulder at the other three guys, "dropping by." He grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I am so sorry!

So I got weasleychick09 asked me if this was still going and I just wanna clarify that this is 100% still going and will stay up! I'm sorry I haven't updated in soooo long. I kinda put this story on pause and focused more on other stories but the other story will end soon and I will focus on this after. So please bare with me until then!

I'm sorry again for not updating in so long and pausing this story without telling any one of you!

(And thank weasleychick09 for this chapter!) (: